Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking Best way to conceal g19?

Hi to all,
    Im not one to knowingly break the law , but in CA i did conceal carry my glock 19 without a ccw (carry a concealed weapon) permit, because it is almost impossible to get one since it is not a shall grant state. but anyway, for the longest time i have used a clip that they make for the glock but now, i was wondering if you all recommend a certain holster for concealed carry. Of course i know as long as it does its job of concealing and function, but anybody have any experiences they can tell me about with this handgun (glock 19). oh and i plan on getting my conceal permit here in PA as soon as possible...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Best way to conceal g19?

I carry in a fist #20. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/20.htm

General things to avoid (things i avoid): Fobus (anything they make); blackhawk (pretty much anything they make); anything "injection molded"; paddle holsters; most cheap kydex; some expensive kydex; Any kydex that is riveted togeather. anything advertised as "used by Israeli special forces"; anything that secures to your belt with a piece of plastic; any IWB that doesn't stay open with the gun out (most cheap leather); J-hooks; nylon anything unless its just the finish on the outside of a safariland duty holster.

I don't blame you. The fine for the first offense for carrying a concealed weapon in CA if you're not a gang member costs significantly less than the permit....if you can even get one.
    Last edited by MarcS; September 22nd, 2007 at 09:46 PM.

(Bucks County)

well I really wouldn't suggest concealing your glock until you have your permit. There are a lot of situations that can happen where you can get into a lot of trouble it if you do. Something as simple as getting into a car accident and put unconscious, or in the gravest extreme of being necessary to draw your weapon and use it. You'll be in a world of trouble in the end when it's found how you were holstering it.

I would suggest open carrying until you've got your permit. Be advised though, in a vehicle you'd have to unholster it, unload it (and case it i think? i forget..)

As for concealing it when you have your permit, the G19 is a compact and good size for it. For as little as 10 to 15 bucks you can get an Uncle Mike's IWB holster and comfortably carry it. The G19 is not a heavy weapon, so you'll hardly notice it on you.

(Bucks County)

that Fist holster looks pretty nice, might look into one of those for my Sigs. Anyone else use them and have a glowing review on it?

(York County)

Pay the money and go for a quality holster...Galco, Mitch Rosen, Bianchi...something like that.
    I like paddle holsters (in contradiction to Marc's post). If you go for an IWB holster, make sure it's one that does not collapse when the gun is pulled. IMHO, reholstering is the most dangerous part of concealed carry.

Me...I carry OWB with a Galco retention strap holster. I'll wear a long collared shirt or sports coat to conceal. The gun is a Glock 17 or 19.

(Allegheny County)

I can't suggest anything because I don't find my G19 all that concealable. If I wear a denim shirt over a T-shirt, it's "covered" but not very concealed. We're all built differently and what works for some, won't work for all... but that's for another thread.

Also need to point out that if you decide to OC, you can't simply "unload" the gun when you get in the car to stay legal, you may only have an unladed handgun in your vehicle if you are going/coming to/from the range or gun shop, but NOT if you're just driving to a friend's house. Get the license.

Oh, and I DO like my Blackhawk SERPA... but for "deep" concealment, there are probably better options.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can't suggest anything because I don't find my G19 all that concealable. If I wear a denim shirt over a T-shirt, it's "covered" but not very concealed. We're all built differently and what works for some, won't work for all... but that's for another thread.
    I was 6'0 250 and concealed well under an untucked buttondown or polo shirt. I lost 50lbs and my shirts went from XXL to L and pants from 40-42 to 36-38 and i still conceal fine. One of my friends is 6'1 350 and conceals fine, the other is 5'10" 155 and conceals fine, the other is 5'7" 140 and conceals fine. We all pretty much have the same setup.

Really, it all comes down to how much effort you're willing to put in. If you don't want to spend the money and effort finding on good belts, good holsters and proper clothing that all work togeather then no, you'll never conceal a G19 properly.

This isn't a blast on you, emptymag. It's very understandable that some people don't want to make that trade off.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I like paddle holsters (in contradiction to Marc's post).
    My dislike of paddle holsters has nothing to do with comfort, i just have seen one too many come out with the gun or get taken away. Easy off means easy off, even when you don't want it to come off (like when wresting for control of your gun).

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Also need to point out that if you decide to OC, you can't simply "unload" the gun when you get in the car to stay legal, you may only have an unladed handgun in your vehicle if you are going/coming to/from the range or gun shop, but NOT if you're just driving to a friend's house. Get the license.

Oh, and I DO like my Blackhawk SERPA... but for "deep" concealment, there are probably better options.
    I agree with Emptymag, I don't find my G19 all that concealable either, under anything less than a jacket.

I have a Galco Concealable Belt Holster, kind of requires suspenders. I just picked up a Blackhawk SERPA with the Shoulder Harness platform, both work great under a vest or windbreaker.

When not wearing a jacket, I more often than not use a DeSantis Gunny Sack. It is comfortable and distributes the weight and extra magazines very well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    I was 6'0 250 and concealed well under an untucked buttondown or polo shirt. I lost 50lbs and my shirts went from XXL to L and pants from 40-42 to 36-38 and i still conceal fine. One of my friends is 6'1 350 and conceals fine, the other is 5'10" 155 and conceals fine, the other is 5'7" 140 and conceals fine. We all pretty much have the same setup.

Really, it all comes down to how much effort you're willing to put in. If you don't want to spend the money and effort finding on good belts, good holsters and proper clothing that all work togeather then no, you'll never conceal a G19 properly.

This isn't a blast on you, emptymag. It's very understandable that some people don't want to make that trade off.
    Understood. Yes, I'm one of those people. I'm only willing to go so far when it comes to the clothes I choose to wear. Fall and winter are relatively easy... summer is a bitch. I'm sweatin' my nuts off when it hits 76º outside. Makes concealment tricky when wearing shorts and such. That's why I've just been going the OC route when I go for my evening walk. I figure if I have a big lump under my shirt or if it's visible, someone who LOOKS, will know there's a gun there. So far, most don't even notice it when I OC.
    Oh, and Marc, you are absolutely correct. The proper combination of the right accessories is necessary for good concealment.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast