Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default concealed non -resident carry

I was out shooting and spoke with a guy at the range seem he live on long island has a permit in N.Y.S. : He applied for a CCL permit non-resident from PA. cost was $25.00 for 5 year's I am retired from law enforcement and travel a lot if the Carolina's I was looking to get a FLA. non resident lic: which reciprocates in the Carolina's.
    I was wondering if anyone know any detail on applying for a non resident PA lic:

Default Re: concealed non -resident carry

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
    I was out shooting and spoke with a guy at the range seem he live on long island has a permit in N.Y.S. : He applied for a CCL permit non-resident from PA. cost was $25.00 for 5 year's I am retired from law enforcement and travel a lot if the Carolina's I was looking to get a FLA. non resident lic: which reciprocates in the Carolina's.
    I was wondering if anyone know any detail on applying for a non resident PA lic:
    First things first, you need to license to carry in your home state to get a non resident PA license, you may or may not have that(I was under the impression those are next to impossible to get in NY, but since your retired PD maybe you do). Also neither PA, or FL have reciprocity with SC.

(Luzerne County)

Since your a retired LEO, perhaps you qualify to carry under the LEOSA and won't need a CCW at all.

I have a CCL in n.y.s. and also in the city of n.y. (RETIRED)
    I was wondering what states reciprocates with PA.
    I have a winter place in north carolina which I spend 5 months out of the year there,I do have my off duty with me but do not carry it in any southern states
    I will shoot at the loacal ranges in N.C. @ S.C. seem they don't ask to see any permit to handle or shoot a handgun (try that in N.Y.)

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
    I have a CCL in n.y.s. and also in the city of n.y. (RETIRED)
    I was wondering what states reciprocates with PA.
    I have a winter place in north carolina which I spend 5 months out of the year there,I do have my off duty with me but do not carry it in any southern states
    I will shoot at the loacal ranges in N.C. @ S.C. seem they don't ask to see any permit to handle or shoot a handgun (try that in N.Y.)
    heres a link to the PA attorney generals reciprocity site.. http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

thankyou for the link
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    I have to go threw the above states so a PA. lic: is what I would need :Now is there a web site to find were to apply for a non-resident carry permit.I was talking with the guy at the range seem all is needed is a copy of your driver lic: and a copy of your pistol lic: and a short questionnaire form to fill out
    PA. is a lot cheaper then Fla:
    I know new jersey is a no no no matter what permit you have that why it goes in a lock box and my bullets in another lock box
    I use to have a place in PA. up near Hones dale and a few times stop by PA. law enforcement and never had any problems they are polite and very professional
    Last edited by lonewolf5347; September 22nd, 2007 at 05:53 PM.