Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Last Day to register to vote or switch parties is TODAY!

If you are not already registered to vote, today is the last day to do so. Here is a link to confirm you are registered and sign up if you are not.

http://www.votespa.com/portal/server...gister_to_vote

You can print out a form here to send in if you don't have time to go in person to your county registration office (although this is the most sure way as your form cannot get lost in the mail)
    I no there are a lot of Libertarians and independents who want to vote for Sam Rohrer, however please note that if you are not registered as Republican you will not be able to vote for Sam Rohrer in the upcoming primary on Tuesday May 18.

(Montgomery County)

Angry Re: Last Day to register to vote or switch parties is TODAY!

yea i found out the hard way if there's no canidate running for office in your party,constitution,liberiterian ,independant.etc. you cant vote at all...WTF?

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Last Day to register to vote or switch parties is TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by tomgun1 View Post
    yea i found out the hard way if there's no canidate running for office in your party,constitution,liberiterian ,independant.etc. you cant vote at all...WTF?
    you should still go to vote. sometimes there are referendums put on the ballot you can vote on.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tomgun1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    you should still go to vote. sometimes there are referendums put on the ballot you can vote on.
    And you can always do a 'write in'.

Don't not go to the polls just because someone is not running in your party, there are others things that need voting on.

(Lebanon County)

I think Pa. needs to go to open primaries! It seems like the only way to get fair representation. Not everyone votes within their party, how can you vote for the candidate that you feel best serves your interest if you're restricted to voting to select a candidate from only one party?

Go Sam!!!
    Write in votes do count. Use that option!

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I think Pa. needs to go to open primaries! It seems like the only way to get fair representation. Not everyone votes within their party, how can you vote for the candidate that you feel best serves your interest if you're restricted to voting to select a candidate from only one party?
    you can vote for the candidate that you feel best serves your interest in the general election.

that is not what primaries are for, though. primaries are for the purpose of parties selecting *their* candidates. the republican candidate should not be chosen by democrats or vice versa. allowing people who are not members of that party to vote in the primary would be like letting canadians vote in our general elections.

but, if there is some candidate you really want to vote for or against in the primary, just temporarily switch parties. i do it all the time.
    F*S=k

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    you can vote for the candidate that you feel best serves your interest in the general election.

that is not what primaries are for, though. primaries are for the purpose of parties selecting *their* candidates. the republican candidate should not be chosen by democrats or vice versa. allowing people who are not members of that party to vote in the primary would be like letting canadians vote in our general elections.

but, if there is some candidate you really want to vote for or against in the primary, just temporarily switch parties. i do it all the time.
    I realize that there is potential for fraud with an open primary, I also know that you can switch parties to vote for a particular candidate. What if there are a few candidates from your party that You want to support and one candidate from the other party that you really want to support?
    You know that write-in votes usually aren't enough to get any candidate on the ballot, especially when there's a candidate endorsed by the party and your candidate of choice isn't.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Write in votes do count. Use that option!
    Actually write in votes are only counted as "write in". They don't count towards any candidate. Whether you write in "Mickey Mouse" or "Ron Paul", it gets marked as "write in", and not towards any candidate.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    Actually write in votes are only counted as "write in". They don't count towards any candidate. Whether you write in "Mickey Mouse" or "Ron Paul", it gets marked as "write in", and not towards any candidate.
    I call BS on that one...last year the guy running against Murtha in '08 got on the November ballot because of a write in campaign (Murtha had enough petition signatures thrown out to toss him off the primary ballot)

My primary votes are reserved for anybody running against against that slime Specter (and yes that means that if it was on the ballot I'd vote for a steaming pile of excrement over him) and whoever it takes to keep Onorato Allegheny County's problem
    Take what you can, Give nothing back