Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Kinsey's in Mt. Joy

I stopped by Kinsey's today looking for a really cheap turkey gun. Either an 870 cheap to build on or anything pump, camo, short barreled would do. I ask the counter guy for a used beat 870 and he looked around a bit then said to look on the far side of a used rack behind me. I poked around and on the end cap was a ''turkey gun'' section. and there it was a Mossberg 500 full camo for $249. There were also 2 tags hanging off it that looked like $20 bills. I take it up and ask the sales man what are these tags and he tells me that the gun is $40 off due to their used gun event they are holding. $200 for a turkey gun I think is way good, but that is just the beginning. I do the paperwork and the salesman asks if I intend to use it for turkey, I tell him I do and he starts poking around in piles of choke tubes looking for an extra full tube for me! In the end I leave with a Imp, mod, full, and a wrench. I also leave with an apology for him not being able to find an extra full and the suggestion that I should buy an extra full. overall a great experience and a great salesman. Professional,polite, and very helpful. Of course I can't remember his name. So here goes: bald glasses and tattoos on his arm and legs. An AK-47 tattoo hanging out from under his shorts.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Kinsey's in Mt. Joy

That would be Ben, he's a great guy. I highly recommend Kinnsey's.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

I stop by Kinsey's any time I'm along that stretch of Route 283. They have an interesting and ever-changing selection of used stuff that's reasonably priced.

(Lancaster County)

Yup, that's Ben. He's very knowledgeable and will not steer you wrong. I've always found that Kinsey's prices tend to be a bit on the outrageous side, but they've been dropping lately (picked up an SAR-1 for $349 the other day).

I know Ben will make sure I'm not buying a lemon and will point out any good deals to be had. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't keep going in there, but good service is worth it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    Yup, that's Ben. He's very knowledgeable and will not steer you wrong. I've always found that Kinsey's prices tend to be a bit on the outrageous side, but they've been dropping lately (picked up an SAR-1 for $349 the other day).

I know Ben will make sure I'm not buying a lemon and will point out any good deals to be had. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't keep going in there, but good service is worth it.

I actually find their prices on used stuff to be low. Certainly a lot lower than Tropp. And, anytime I show even a remote interest in a gun they usually offer to chop their price without me even asking.

(Lancaster County)

kinseys is better on there gun prices than trop. but trop has cheaper ammo....id still rather shop at kinseys tho. never had any problems there. they have good sales at times too.