Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Springfield XDm cycling issues

Unless 2 or 3 military trained people are all limp wristing then i guess it is.

Quote Originally Posted by forealfreal2001 View Post
    Unless 2 or 3 military trained people are all limp wristing then i guess it is.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it, especially with that "tea cup" grip that some of them use. Most of my military friends had minimal training and use of their sidearms. They focused on their rifles, and even then they don't shoot them as much as what I would think they do. Part of it depends on your job, branch, and if you're going in where you are gonna have firefights or not. Either way, you shouldn't assume that just because they are in the military that they are proficient with firearms.

(Allegheny County)

Point taken, it just seems odd that after almost a year of not having issues, it starts acting up.

Point taken, it just seems odd that after almost a year of not having issues, it starts acting up.
    It may not be limp wristing at all, we're just trying to eliminate all the variables. Many times if people are slightly limp wristing, the pistol can still cycle, but it'll act up or sometimes catch. Sometimes it's related to mags that are slightly out of spec. If it's doing it with multiple mags, then it can cut down on the mags being the problem. I'm sick and on anbiotics and getting a bit tired, but I'll have some steps to run through tomorrow to try to eliminate some of the mechanical issues. I'm not doubting you or the other shooters, just trying to eliminate all the variables. We wanna help in any way that we can.

(Allegheny County)

I know, i've been shooting since i was 8 (I'm 22 now). I've shot many different polymer frame guns, fullsizes the whole way down to subcompacts. I've never ever had an issue like this before. I've had occasional stovepipes, but i can pretty much attribute them to cheap ammo. I'm half tempted to trade it for a 1911. lol

*edit* Thanks for all the help guys, no one i talk to has any ideas about this. Even springfield tech support has no idea what to say. All help is appreciated.

I know, i've been shooting since i was 8 (I'm 22 now). I've shot many different polymer frame guns, fullsizes the whole way down to subcompacts. I've never ever had an issue like this before. I've had occasional stovepipes, but i can pretty much attribute them to cheap ammo. I'm half tempted to trade it for a 1911. lol

*edit* Thanks for all the help guys, no one i talk to has any ideas about this. Even springfield tech support has no idea what to say. All help is appreciated.
    LOL, don't trade it yet, I imagine we can get it sorted out. My XD (not M) has been 100% reliable for over 7,000 rounds, and I stopped counting quite a long time ago. If you've shot for a long time and haven't had problems with it, it probably is mechanical. I'll have suggestions soon, sorry, just fading fast.

(Allegheny County)

I already sent it back to springfield, I'm at college so its kinda tough getting to shoot while living on campus. Gotta keep them off campus.(stupid GFZ's)

(Tioga County)

My buddy has a XD in 40 I think it is the 4" model. Any way he had a problem with the slide not locking back after the last round. He is a very experienced shooter and had his XD for almost two years and a few thousand rounds through it , and all of the sudden had this issue, I fired his gun with his ammo I had no problem, I fired his gun with my ammo I had no problem, give him the gun back his problem came back. We both concluded must have been a change in his grip. May be you can try a different grip, or add skate board tape so your grip dosen't slip. Just an idea. If it dosen't work not much money wasted on tape ya know. Good luck.

Shooter

(Allegheny County)

I'm pretty sure its not the grip, although its possible. The first 9-10 months i've had the thing i haven't had an issue. Still using the same grip and stance.
    Last edited by forealfreal2001; April 20th, 2010 at 08:56 AM.

(Monroe County)

Are you using +p/+ "target" ammo? It could have something to do with locking back the slide, but that's really a small chance, and it would mean that other parts aren't working the way they should.

I think you should try putting in a heavier spring. It might be the fix to your problem. It won't allow the slide to ride back and forth like a sloppy camel. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast