Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: The entire Lock Haven area is in violation of preemption

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    I just had an exhausting conversation with the secretary at Mill Hall borough office just trying to get a copy of the borough ordinances and she did not like what I had to say at all. She even said if we get the ordinance removed they would just shut down the park altogether.
    I don't know if they could legally do such. Certain laws come into play once a place is established as a park.
    She also told me that I would be charged a fee if she gave me the solicitors phone number and refused to give it to me.
    The only people authorized to discuss borough business with the borough solicitor are the Borough Council President and the Borough Council Secretary. Regular borough council members aren't even authorized to discuss such with the solicitor. Should you attempt to do so, the solicitor, as an attorney, could bill you for the time taken.
    And she said, "think of the children"...she also tried to get me to feel guilty that changing the law would cost the borough money to which I replied, "I think preserving a civil liberty is worth a few dollars don't you?." She was very argumentative and hostile to my call and full of incorrect and false information.
    Think of the perverts and child molesters that frequent parks and playgrounds.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    The only people authorized to discuss borough business with the borough solicitor are the Borough Council President and the Borough Council Secretary. Regular borough council members aren't even authorized to discuss such with the solicitor.
    It was such a convoluted conversation. I thought that was the case but she said I needed to talk to the solicitor about my complaint and I said what you did above and then she persisted so I said fine and then asked for the phone number and she said she couldn't give it out because he would charge her. Ebensburg at least gave me the phone number to file my complaint with the solicitor and notify him of the violation. She was saying that she couldn't take the complaint letter and I needed to talk to the solicitor and then told me I couldn't get his number...LOL. She even told me that I needed to have the vehicle ordinances because an ordinance for parks and recreations wouldn't be in the parks and recreations section of their code. It was really an odd exchange. That's why I said fuck it to getting the ordinances and just quoted the sign in my letters to Mill Hall and Flemington.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; April 20th, 2010 at 07:31 PM.

(Clinton County)

I just had an exhausting conversation with the secretary at Mill Hall borough office just trying to get a copy of the borough ordinances and she did not like what I had to say at all. She even said if we get the ordinance removed they would just shut down the park altogether. She also told me that I would be charged a fee if she gave me the solicitors phone number and refused to give it to me. And she said, "think of the children"...she also tried to get me to feel guilty that changing the law would cost the borough money to which I replied, "I think preserving a civil liberty is worth a few dollars don't you?." She was very argumentative and hostile to my call and full of incorrect and false information.

She is such a C***. She think she is the one in charge of mill hall
    Last edited by Saber; April 20th, 2010 at 08:39 PM.

(Clinton County)

Man this piss me off. I don't have kids so I don't spend any time in parks. I think from now on when ever I pass a park I'll check the rules and regs

Tim my rep button is broke, but we need more people like you

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Man this piss me off. I don't have kids so I don't spend any time in parks. I think from now on when ever I pass a park I'll check the rules and regs

Tim my rep button is broke, but we need more people like you
    Thanks for the sig, man.

(Clinton County)

Got two signatures including myself now. Thanks, lowcapacity. Just need a couple more not too many just want a handful of people from the area.
    See you in the morning.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Well since the Commissioners were told. I figured I would E-mail Mike Hanna our state Rep. I have done this before on other issues and he usually answers personally. May not do any good but what the Hell.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Thanks for the sig, man.
    Rep. sent.
    I would like to assist if possible.
    Last edited by beerhunter; April 21st, 2010 at 08:54 AM.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
    Rep. sent.
    I would like to assist if possible. I guess I never visit the parks and did not notice this issue.
    Come to the Mill Hall meeting next Tuesday at 7:30pm.

(Allegheny County)

t1m0thy,
    I just saw this thread now. Awesome job taking this on.
    I hope that everything goes well, and that those who are local and reading this, give you the support you deserve. You are doing the hard part - folks just need to step up and show these clowns that this isn't just one person trying to make things difficult for them.

"We'll just close the park down". (We'll just take our PARK and go HOME! )
    Seriously? How absolutely CHILDISH is THAT response? That person should lose their job.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast