Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: AK 47 accidental full auto??

If the retaining pin on the hammer pin is lost the hammer pin will walk out of the side of the reciever and cause an ak47 to slam fire.

Don't ask me how I know.

(Carbon County)

Exclamation Re: AK 47 accidental full auto??

Quote Originally Posted by mcarroll1987 View Post
    If the retaining pin on the hammer pin is lost the hammer pin will walk out of the side of the reciever and cause an ak47 to slam fire.

Don't ask me how I know.
    Thanks -- Hank

If you are ever look at for a ATF violation they will look and see if there are parts that are banned or you do not have a tax stamp for or the license for. If you have just one part that is banned your in deep shit. On the flip side of the coin if you do have a malfunction that causes a double tap and all of the parts are legit then they can not do anything to you unless intentianally modified. Many firearms have the potential to do this. when the right parts are worn. Disconnector on an AR which can cause the firearm to fire untill the trigger is released. or the front of the trigger that connects to the hammer or the hammer itself can cause a double tap when you release the trigger. The same thing can happen in an AK

Quote Originally Posted by adsstorm View Post
    If you are ever look at for a ATF violation they will look and see if there are parts that are banned or you do not have a tax stamp for or the license for. If you have just one part that is banned your in deep shit. On the flip side of the coin if you do have a malfunction that causes a double tap and all of the parts are legit then they can not do anything to you unless intentianally modified. Many firearms have the potential to do this. when the right parts are worn. Disconnector on an AR which can cause the firearm to fire untill the trigger is released. or the front of the trigger that connects to the hammer or the hammer itself can cause a double tap when you release the trigger. The same thing can happen in an AK
    See the bolded above....

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a fellow in prison right now, for that exact thing.......

(Luzerne County)

EEEkkkk.. Glad I bought an Arsenal SAS-M7 A1.... No problems here...This AK is so smooth I think my bolt rides on bearings sometimes... I check to be sure... then I realized that I had just got what I paid for...

Anyways... I would get yourself a new trigger group as they are dirt cheap... I would go with at least the Double-hook trigger....

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    See the bolded above....

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a fellow in prison right now, for that exact thing.......
    The ATF can only bring charges against you with the evidence presented to a prosecutor who will then formally bring charges against you. They can only effect a conviction with a jury of 100% (beyond a reasonable doubt). If you waive these rights then you are at the mearsy of the Federal District judge who will try your case. IF it were me I would not waive my rights to a jury trial no matter how long it strung it out. I would not plea bargain to a lesser charge. Few people who take a trial to jury ever get convicted, they just do not want to mess with the haisle. Judges are as different as peas are to apples to one another and they hold a very wide level of discreation when it comes to law. One may hold to the letter of law and the other to their own prejudices or any number of beliefs. One the major problem is with our judicial system in the U.S. is that we are under common law judical system which means that past cases create a presidence and other judges go by this more that they do the law. Why do you think it is so hard to become a lawyer. Presidences are also held to by judges of different political parties. One presidence set by a liberal democratic judge will be followed by others of the same policical party but completely ignored by another. So my point is that what happened to one guy by the ruling of one judge would have had a completely different out come by another judge who would have told the ATF to go pack sand!!!!!

(Carbon County)

The ATF can only bring charges against you with the evidence presented to a prosecutor who will then formally bring charges against you. They can only effect a conviction with a jury of 100% (beyond a reasonable doubt). If you waive these rights then you are at the mearsy of the Federal District judge who will try your case. IF it were me I would not waive my rights to a jury trial no matter how long it strung it out. I would not plea bargain to a lesser charge. Few people who take a trial to jury ever get convicted, they just do not want to mess with the haisle. Judges are as different as peas are to apples to one another and they hold a very wide level of discreation when it comes to law. One may hold to the letter of law and the other to their own prejudices or any number of beliefs. One the major problem is with our judicial system in the U.S. is that we are under common law judical system which means that past cases create a presidence and other judges go by this more that they do the law. Why do you think it is so hard to become a lawyer. Presidences are also held to by judges of different political parties. One presidence set by a liberal democratic judge will be followed by others of the same policical party but completely ignored by another. So my point is that what happened to one guy by the ruling of one judge would have had a completely different out come by another judge who would have told the ATF to go pack sand!!!!!
    How true you are in presenting this information. I retired from the NYCPD many years ago with much court experience (arrest, etc.) and found the plea bargain is not a bargain (if innocent or with special circumstances) at all. Neither is giving up ANY rights – when you do the jury does not come into play and cannot, therefore, render jury nullification. The jury is our check and balance system against domineering and not so good laws.

Keep up the good posts
    Hank

It was a trial, and the ATF rigged the evidence......

ETA: use a spell-checker, your post looks like a 5 yo. wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    It was a trial, and the ATF rigged the evidence......

ETA: use a spell-checker, your post looks like a 5 yo. wrote it.
    Post the link to the trials ruling, it is public record, I would like to see it. Unless he was not convicted then there will be no record.

No I am not five years old, yet I did not think this was a serious posting where my grasp of the english language would be scrutinized. I was just wanting to have a casual conversation.

(Northampton County)

Covered here - http://waronguns.blogspot.com/search?q=olofson for pretty much every update on the case.

Including the undocumented test procedures used by the ATF. Including the intentional use of light primers. Including the judge not allowing Olofson's expert witness (Len Savage) to testify.

Bottom line is that you are wrong. And if you think you can go up against the Leviathan, best of luck - but you'll rot in federal prison.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast