Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Kahr PM9 thoughts (PM40 just overkill?)

I'm considering the purchase of a Kahr PM9 but I'd like to get opinions first. So anyone have one? What do you think?
    Last edited by ratrodfink; April 19th, 2010 at 03:21 AM.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Kahr PM9 thoughts

Kahr's are great guns. Easy to conceal, comfortable in the hand, reliable, and shoot well. DAO pull is long but every one I've shot was smooth.

Great gun.

(Luzerne County)

Kahr's are a gem! I have two, a PM9 and a K9 Elite. Excellent triggers, single stack slim, easy to carry, good stuff.

(Lancaster County)

Kahrs are somewhat unique for the following reason. Those of us who own them love them. When I let someone shoot mine at the range or even just hold it they are never very impressed. Even when I see someone pick one up at a shop they usually hand it right back. The main reason I believe for this is that the slide racks very hard and "grainy". It is just not a smooth feel like most other guns. This Im sure is intentional due to the small frame and short slide. It just turns people off who havent already decided they want one. The beauty of this gun is how well it conceals. Weather you like pocket, ankle, iwb or owb, this gun will fit the bill. Mine never had a problem. Bought it new and it cycled everything right from day one. The mention of a 2 to 3 hundred round break in period was a non factor for me. I dont consider this gun a "range gun" but its accompanied me on every trip to the range Ive ever made and no one knew it. All in all, its a great ccw.

(Lehigh County)

I have had mine for over a year now and put close to 500 rounds through it. It is a great conceal weapon, I carry mine and no one has ever noticed it. Although I do not carry at work but then again I am not the owner of the business. The only thing that I found odd was that there was a bigger recoil than a 1911. Then I found out that that is because of the shorter barrel length. Soon I will be getting the Crimson Trace for it along with another one for my S&W MP9c. I do not think that you can go wrong with deciding to purchase one.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Chester County)

Thanks for the input everyone. The PM9 has always been one of those guns that I have to pick up whenever I see one. I was carrying a S&W 442 for about a year and recently switched to a Kimber Ultra Carry II. With summer here and clothes being thinner and wearing shorts I think I want to try pocket carry and it seems the PM9 fits the bill. Time to actually buy one instead of just picking it up.

(Centre County)

I just bought Kahr K-9, and if PM9 is is anything like it, I'd highly recommend it.
    Itss VERY well made gun. It shoot well, reliable, accurate. and boy, does it dissapear when mixed with right hoster! I was never a fan of IWB type hoster, until started to carry K-9 in Don Hume's P.C.C.H.
    No one knows I have weapon on me. I mean no imprint at all.

Its not flashy gun tho. Everything on the weapon is there for a reason, and nothing more.

As Bripro stated, recoil spring is VERY stiff. Which is something to be expected from gun with 3.5" barrel. But I don't find my K9's recoil spring to be "grainy". It must use progressive rate spring - gets stiffer as it gets compressed - it is very stiff to rack the slide.

My K-9 does bark. Its not range gun for sure.
    I imagin PM9 with just shy of 16oz is just as bad, if not worse(K-9 is just over 25oz)
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bucks County)

I purchased my PM9 about a year ago for summer concealment. Have not had any failures, including during the recommended break-in period.

IWB, in a pocket holster or OWB with Raven Concealment, this thing simply disappears.

(Chester County)

Well let me push this even further and ask another question. With all the good reports on the PM9, would you go a step beyond and get a PM40?

(Luzerne County)

Smile Re: Kahr PM9 thoughts (PM40 just overkill?)

I just bought a PM9 but have not fired it yet. I was influenced by Nutnfancy's review of it on YOUTUBE. I considered the 40 but thought that the 9mm is as much as that weight of gun could handle reasonably. If you want a 40, look at a MK.
    You'd Better Hope Your Insane, Cause There's No Cure For Stupid!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast