Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Cops called after I checked my firearm at the emergency room

Please,
    Disregaurd my reply if it has already been asked and answered in the last umteen pages of replys but you stated in your OP that

"There is a security checkpoint that you have to go through just to get into the ER. So I see a sign that says something to the effect of "If you have a license to carry a firearm and you wish to check your weapon, check with security and they will hold you firearm in a locked location and you can pick it up when you are finished"

Would not the
    "and you wish to check your weapon"
    part of the posted sign be the security company / Hospitals saving grace from legal action of any kind here?

as per your post, the sign did not demand that you do it, only suggested it if you wished it.

If I read any sign that asked me if i wished to "check" my hand gun with security, I walk right past it, right through the metal detector and all, if the gaurd stops me and asks if I am carrying I would say "Yeah, the sign said if i whished to check it, I do not wish to, Have a nice night," and go on my merry way into the ER. No posted rules broken, No laws broken, No harm, No foul.
    Right?
    If at this time the guard has a problem, the gaurd would be in a position to where He / she would have to take the next step. And he / she being an employed agent of the hospital had better step very gingerly to avoid any legal recourse you might puersue in the future, because after all, No posted rules broken, No laws broken, No harm, No foul.
    Just my 2 cents

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cops called after I checked my firearm at the emergency room

JID -

Since this came up in another thread - any updates?

I'm a paramedic... HUP has gotten more aggressive about ED security in the last 6 months or so.

I've stopped by the ER on my way to or from work to pick up equipment that has been left there, and I'm usually carrying. Sorry about your luck, man.

HUP's a great hosptial, except for the BS of the city, and the folks that use the ED as their personal doctor.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718