Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Tom Corbett reserves disarming Pennsylvanians as an option

Ok here is the new combined video of both candidates answering the question on whether they would consider disarming gunowners:

This video speaks for itself:

Tom Corbett, would you disarm Pennsylvanians? Tom cannot seem to answer this most basic question. Please send this to all the gun owners you know. This man wants us to believe he is pro-gun!?
    Sorry Tom, Sam Rohrer believes in the second amendment and is sponsor of the Castle Doctrine, here is his response to a similar question:

Last edited by wcpastures; April 26th, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Default Re: Tom Corbett reserves disarming Pennsylvanians as an option

Welcome to the forum. Who are you? Looks like you joined today, and both of your posts so far have been anti-Corbett attacks.

The link you provide is to Corbett answering a question about "doomsday", with armed rebellion in the streets, and he says that he'd have to wait and see to determine his response.

Is this really the single-issue that you expect sensible PA gun owners to turn on? Not his views on "shall issue" or "castle doctrine" or "semi-auto assault weapons", but his strategy on civil war?

Seems weak to me. What else you got? Anything involving Zombies, space invasion by BEM's, or inter-dimensional war?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Mercer County)

Yes I am a new member. Is it ok for new members to submit posts? Do you normally welcome new members this way before researching the issues? I filmed this video myself at a gun owners meeting last week. I believe this is a relevant post.

I think the man at this meeting had a good question, and one that a man running for Governor should be able to handle. Instead he belittled him as if because he was not in the Guard himself he somehow did not have the right to ask the question: would you disarm or allow Obama to disarm? Again very simple question, why did he avoid it?

Why should he have to "wait to see to determine his response." If he has to wait and see then is he not saying that yes he would under the right conditions?

You bring up the "Castle Doctrine." Sam Rohrer is a sponsor of this. Sam has also led opposition to a statewide gun registry, the list goes on and on.

Tom on the other hand seems to think that guns are the problem and he can solve it by taking them off the street:

http://www.paindependent.com/todays_...gun-task-force

Where Sam's answer is to take the CRIMINALS off the streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYFJlXAQqs

Any more problems understanding this I can help you with?

Oh and I'm sorry I don't have any information on "Zombies, space invasion by BEM's, or inter-dimensional war" I'm sure there are other forums where you can discuss your interest in these topics.
    Last edited by wcpastures; April 23rd, 2010 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    Yes I am a new member. Is it ok for new members to submit posts? Do you normally attack new members this way before researching the issues? I filmed this video myself at the FOAC meeting last week. I believe this is a relevant post.

I think the man at this meeting had a good question, and one that a man running for Governor should be able to handle. Instead he belittled him as if because he was not in the Guard himself he somehow did not have the right to ask the question: would you disarm or allow Obama to disarm? Again very simple question, why did he avoid it?

Why should he have to "wait to see to determine his response." If he has to wait and see then is he not saying that yes he would under the right conditions?

You bring up the "Castle Doctrine." Sam Rohrer is a sponsor of this. Sam has also led opposition to a statewide gun registry, the list goes on and on.

Tom on the other hand seems to think that guns are the problem and he can solve it by taking them off the street:

http://www.paindependent.com/todays_...gun-task-force

Where Sam's answer is to take the CRIMINALS off the streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYFJlXAQqs

any more problems understanding this I can help you with?
    If you think that was an attack, then you're in for a rough ride here. Not all questions are attacks, unless you have something to hide.

You joined up specifically to post, in 2 places, the same link to an innocuous video, that you claimed shows Corbett is weak on gun rights. I watched the video, it doesn't show that at all.

I also didn't see Corbett's assertion of his bona fides as a belittling of the questioner; he looked to me like he was showing that he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the NG.

Next, after getting very defensive, you post a link to an article which also doesn't say what you said about it, that "Tom. . . seems to think that guns are the problem and he can solve it by taking them off the street".

Are guns "a" problem? Sure they are, in the wrong hands. Not "the" problem, but one of the problems, to be sure. According to your link:
    "In a press release dated July 6, 2006 and authored by Mr. Corbett’s press secretary, Kevin Harley and Mr. Fumo’s then-spokesman, Gary Tuma, the task force was aimed at focusing “…exclusively on illegal gun possession, sales and trafficking in an effort to prevent firearms from reaching criminal circles.”? (Blue emphasis added by me.)

Is this instead of prosecuting muggers and rapists? Nope. It's not "the" solution to crime, but it's an essential part of fighting crime. Target the felons in possession , straw sales, and transfers among criminals. Which part of that do you dislike?

Does this sound like the usual attempt to ban entire classes of guns, add pointless waiting periods, or otherwise impede law-abiding gun owners? Not to me, my friend. It looks like cops enforcing the laws we have. What does it look like to you?

A suspicious person would think that you joined PAFOA as a political operative. Me, I've posted thousands of times, I've taught classes on firearms law, people know me. I've never met Corbett, never corresponded or spoke with him or his people, although he may have been on the Board of Pardons when I appeared there with clients to get their gun rights restored; I honestly don't recall, there are 5 members.

So, who are you, and are you affiliated with any political campaign?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Attack?
    If your idea of an "attack" is asking for clarification on a stance, or post, well you need to read around here for a little while. Then you will see some attacks.

If you have a beef with Corbett - then post FACTS regarding what you feel is important, not snippets of information. That falls in the catagory of misleading by misrepresentation, a tactic the "antis" use often. Present facts on the candidates and people will discuss their feelings with you, whether they agree or not.

If you want to see an "attack" post a pro-Obama message.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Montgomery County)

Can you show ma a canadate that is more pro-gun than TC? Can you show me a canadate that has given us more rights to carry in other states? Let's see TC who's been fighting forgun owners for years or well anyone else in the running that falls short or wants an all out ban! hum. Let me know who you think is a better canadate please, since you don't like TC.

(Clinton County)

I have to say that video speaks volumes to me. He dances around the topic and directly implies in a state of emergency that he would consider pulling another "Katrina". If he ever had a chance of getting my vote he lost it with the last statement in that video. What I want to hear from a pro 2nd amendment politician is that we learned the lessons after Katrina and will never allow law abiding citizens do be disarmed in any emergency and deprived of the right to protect their lives and liberty. Shame on you Mr. Corbett.

Watch it again and listen closely to that last statement:

Last edited by t1m0thy; April 18th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Who are you? Looks like you joined today, and both of your posts so far have been anti-Corbett attacks.

The link you provide is to Corbett answering a question about "doomsday", with armed rebellion in the streets, and he says that he'd have to wait and see to determine his response.

Is this really the single-issue that you expect sensible PA gun owners to turn on? Not his views on "shall issue" or "castle doctrine" or "semi-auto assault weapons", but his strategy on civil war?

Seems weak to me. What else you got? Anything involving Zombies, space invasion by BEM's, or inter-dimensional war?
    That one issue is enough for me not to vote for him because it is a vital issue concerning an essential liberty. It may be a "doomsday" scenario but I'm sure no one thought Katrina could happen either and not learning the lessons of the past from one of the biggest travesties to gun owners in the history of this nation shows that he is not fit to lead. What someone is willing to do when the SHTF defines their character to me.

Perhaps you need a reminder...

So, yeah, that one issue is a deal breaker for me.

(Montgomery County)

e couldn't even if he wanted to. The law prohibits it. My question is clear. who else? if you've got a canadate that will be pro-gun more than TC let me know who it is!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    e couldn't even if he wanted to. The law prohibits it.
    I'm surprised he didn't mention that fact as a convenient sidestep to answering the question directly. However, we all know that those in power don't let the law get in the way when they want to do something they feel is "necessary".

Have you looked at Sam Rohrer?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast