Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: JACKASS REPORT TOBYHANNA RANGE

yeah there is no way it will last
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Blue Ridge Cherry Valley does require a sponsor but when I went to the meeting I had many approve and second the vote on my membership. If you go to one of their trapshoots on Wed. mornings or an IDPA match to watch and socialize I'm sure you would find someone willing to sponsor you. I usually shoot during the week and most of the time I have the club to myself.

I drive right past an SGL to get to my gun club. Well worth the money.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Monroe County)

Sorry, I missed the post by NEPAKevin. I guess you no longer need a sponser. BRCV is a great club, everyone there is very friendly.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBoy View Post
    Sorry, I missed the post by NEPAKevin. I guess you no longer need a sponser. BRCV is a great club, everyone there is very friendly.

It used to be a lot friendlier a number of years back...then there was a board change.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    It used to be a lot friendlier a number of years back...then there was a board change.
    Interesting, as I have been on the board for almost twenty years and think the current board has been the most active in improving the range's facilities and its policies as well as being fiscally responsible with club assets. The only other new thing is the electric gate and pass card system which I think is great as I no longer have to get my lazy a$$ out of the truck to open the gate and then again to close it. Of course, members can no longer share the combination and get shut out if dues are not paid. I suppose that might be unfriendly, depending on your perspective.

(edited to add) Should this maybe be a new thread?
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; April 22nd, 2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: New Thread?

(Monroe County)

Mr Gotee is sounding like one of the people that got the stupid rules put on at the PGC ranges in the 1st place.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Mr Gotee is sounding like one of the people that got the stupid rules put on at the PGC ranges in the 1st place.
    LOL that's a good way of looking at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Interesting, as I have been on the board for almost twenty years and think the current board has been the most active in improving the range's facilities and its policies as well as being fiscally responsible with club assets. The only other new thing is the electric gate and pass card system which I think is great as I no longer have to get my lazy a$$ out of the truck to open the gate and then again to close it. Of course, members can no longer share the combination and get shut out if dues are not paid. I suppose that might be unfriendly, depending on your perspective.
    Your response is even more interesting since I do not remember you sitting next to me while I was serving on the board as a past vice president and range officer. Yes you were there setting up shooting events and such but you were not exactly on the board back then.

About five to six years ago a new board forced there way in by not asking if any of the other incumbents wanted to run again. This was also the time where that specific group decided to lift the membership cap, which did not matter since the membership was lower that the cap. The membership voted, the votes were counted (about 2/3 wanted the cap to remain), then it was announced that the membership cap was to be removed. We realized then that there was going to be a problem with the way the club was going to be run and a number of members left.

Yes, improvements were made, some with board approval and some not. I hope for the clubs sake that it's doing well and maybe someday I will see who is in charge and see if it's worth it to go back. I was in the club for about ten years and I used to enjoy the three youth events that we had each year.

Oh and the last part of your statement I know was not meant for me since I always paid my dues and never gave out the combintion. Also I was one of about two dozen that always showed up for the yearly range clean ups and one of a handfull that used to cut the grass (about two to three times/year) while all the other members complained about the grass being too tall.

(Monroe County)

Does this range allow trap shooting? Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast