Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Help with Sig 220?

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    While I agree it not being the best cc gun, if the pricee was cheap, I would jump on it. It's allways nice to add quality guns to the collection.
    Ach... The problem is I'd be trading one of my very nice guitars for it... I value the guitar around $900-$1000 bucks. Maybe I'll get some cash in trade too... Hmmm.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    The P220 is one of the finest .45's in existence. The one you are being offered is, most likely, one of the models coveted by Sig aficionados - that is: Germen built (it will have proof marks and a date code), folded slide (carbon steel fabricated slide with pinned-in breach-block, as opposed to today's milled SS w/integral breach-block construction). Dependent on age it may say Tysons Corner or Herndon, VA, or maybe the current Exeter, NH location. As for it being heavy, it is an alloy frame and if it is a folded slide, you will find that it is not so heavy considering the size. I carry one in a Sparks VM II and it is exrememly comfortable. They are accurate and reliable right out of the box. You best jump on this one, but be warned - Sigs are like potato chips, nobody can have just one. Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    What proof marks and date code am I looking for? If this gun is that coveted I may just go for it. I'll see if I can get some pics.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    What proof marks and date code am I looking for? If this gun is that coveted I may just go for it. I'll see if I can get some pics.
    Flip the gun over and look at the bottom of the slide near the tip of the barrel. Write down the two letters and that will tell you the year.

If you don't want it, pass his info on to me. I'm looking for something else to carry besides my 220 Elite.

(Franklin County)

And I see your from the Harrisburg area. If you get near Gettysburg anytime soon and want to shoot one before you buy that one, just let me know and you can give mine a try if you would like.

(York County)

220s are one of the nicest factory guns around. I used to be a die hard 1911 guy. Then I bought my first sig. I was so impressed with that 220, I now own several Sigs. EVERY sig I have ever shot or owned has been fantastic.
    I also would let you shoot mine if ya wanna. I've got a handgun range at my house.
    IMHO, if you are looking for a ccw, the 220 is not a top pick. Look into a 229 or 239. Not that the 220 can't be concealed. I have done it. It is fairly large and fairly wide.

(Adams County)

I sure like my 220:

(Franklin County)

Woof Woof: Where did you get those dark wood grips?

(Allegheny County)

Twenty years ago, I started with a Sig P226. That was great for a long time. Then I got the urge for a 1911 and bought a Colt Government. I liked that so much that I bought a Colt Commander - both in .45 acp of course. Then, my logical (illogical?) thinking went something like this "I like the Sig Soooo much but I also like the .45 acp a lot. I wonder if I ought to consider the Sig in .45." End of story. I love my P220; it is amazingly accurate, has a sweet trigger pull, and it just a great gun.

I reload and noticed that it is a bit particular to the type of bullet I load as well as the length. I wound up switching from SWC bullets to LRN and this thing shoots them all day long.

Price? Do a search on www.gunbroker.com to give you an idea of asking price but I bought a very nice P220ST, stainless with rail, for $625 with a bunch of mags.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    No need to discriminate - you can have your cake and eat it too...

While there were some problems with the early Sig 1911's they were fixed some time ago. You get a lot for your money. My current EDC (when I leave the confines of the PRNJ) is an RCS.

Just thought you'd like to know you don't have to give up the one desire (owning another Sig) for the other (owning a 1911). Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Thanks PB! The same thought occurred to me, and I was looking (online) at the SIG-Sauer 1911s. I'm sure I'll pick up "other brand" pistols over time, but right now, I am so impressed with the build quality of the SIG-Sauers (and the short reset trigger on the P229 Elite), that I think my next pistol (not yet having one in .45 ACP) is gonna be the P220. A 1911 is still on the list, but just a bit further down. I might be heading to Tannner's today w/my XDm 40, to see what I can get toward something else. I'm almost afraid to go. I've been on sort of a binge lately. I'm sure you know the feeling. As yet though, I haven't done what this guy did (link below): Traded my truck for guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQy7Ym9-Az8

Mark

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post
    I sure like my 220:
    Why is it that whenever I'm teetering on the edge of buying, or thinking seriously about a particular pistol, someone always nudges me with a great photo of theirs? Beautiful SIG-Sauer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast