Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enck's Gun Barn

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Enck's Gun Barn

www.encksgunbarn.com

Very nice shop and people.

Nice ride out in the country to get there. About 11 mile ride from PA Turnpike Exit 286 Reading/Lancaster.

Real nice neat and clean shop, and it is stocked with tons of stuff. Guns, reloading supplies, gun accessories, cowboy action guns and gear as well.

Good website too! Check it out. For cowboy action revolvers, levers and shotguns, they update daily their in-stock inventory.

I've been there, bought a rifle, (they put it aside to hold it for me simply from a phone call and leaving my name. Said they didn't need a deposit or CC#, if I didn't show when I said I would they would out it back on the shelf. When I got there, sure enough it was in the back with a note on the box with my name on it.)

I thought that was a nice touch!

They will get more of my business for sure.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Enck's Gun Barn

I SECOND THAT THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH

(Lancaster County)

Talking Re: Enck's Gun Barn

It's one of the better shops in my area for sure, though I've not been there in 6 months or more. It's well off of the beaten path. It's a small place, but he literally has stuff hanging from the ceiling.

My first trip there was 3 years ago. Found me an East German Makarov w/ 8 extra mags, Don Hume Holster, hard case & mag loader for $200.!

(Cumberland County)

Agreed, had a similar situation where I called about a pistol. Went in and looked things over as I had never been there before. Quite the quite unique little set up. Well the pistol I had called about was in the case, but after looking at it, it was placed "in the back".
    Once I told'm who I was an that I'm still interested it was brought back out and sold. He admitted he realized the mistake but was no issue. Nice guy and a little bit of everything from Ar's to stuff for the Yeehaw shooters.

Very nice place and their Lay-Away doesn't have a limit on how long you can take to pay as long as your consitantly paying when you can
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Berks County)

Great shop. I spend too much time there for my own good.

(Elk County)

I stopped in Enck's last Saturday AM on the way from York to Sellersville and bought some cast boolits. Almost bought a 4-5/8" USFA Rodeo II, but held off for some reason. If I'm in the area I make it a point to stop and see what's new.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Thumbs up Re: Enck's Gun Barn

I will add my endorsement for Enck's being a very nice place to spend money. I was there to do a private deal, but I also bought a bunch of reloading components, and could have spent a lot more on some of the guns they had there. They had a wide selection of guns, from milsurp stuff to oldies but goodies. They apparently have so many handguns they can't put them all in the case. The man said, if you are looking for something you don't see, ask. We might have it in the back. Guns are tagged with colored tags which indicate used or new.

The gentleman behind the counter asked me about my OC, and if it caused me grief with LEOs. I told him of some of my adventures. He said he supported OC completely, and that it was good to see people exercising their rights. Then he said, of course, "I work at a gun shop, so what would you expect?"

I replied, "Lemme tell you about some gunshop employees, buddy."

Overall a great place, and I wish it were closer. It is close enough though, and a very nice drive through the country. I love rural roads.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I will add my endorsement for Enck's being a very nice place to spend money. I was there to do a private deal, but I also bought a bunch of reloading components, and could have spent a lot more on some of the guns they had there. They had a wide selection of guns, from milsurp stuff to oldies but goodies. They apparently have so many handguns they can't put them all in the case. The man said, if you are looking for something you don't see, ask. We might have it in the back. Guns are tagged with colored tags which indicate used or new.
    +1 for Enck's.....one of the few "well rounded" gun shops out there, pretty much something for every type of shooter. Prices are also good for a small shop off the beaten path.

I haven't been there in a little while, I think a road trip is in order.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Chester County)

Absolutely a great place to shop. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable and they really took their time to show me several 1911's. Took home a couple of great pistols. I will be heading back very soon.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast