Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default IWI 9mm/ Jericho 941/ Magnum Research Baby Eagle

I love the way this pistol looks and am thinking about buying off the strength of that alone but has anyone actually shot this gun? Any input you could gimme?

Default Re: IWI 9mm/ Jericho 941/ Magnum Research Baby Eagle

My uncle had one when I was a little sprout. It shot much better than I and had manageable recoil, for a ten year old to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

I've never fired one but I've never heard anything bad about them. From what I understand, they are basically a clone of the Tangfoglio/EAA TZ-75/Witness which is a clone of the CZ-75 with some cosmetic changes and a slide mounted safety. Baby Eagle mags work in a TZ-75.

(Monroe County)

Actually Tangfolio makes them and they are assembled in Halizia Israel, THey are a copy of the CZ75, excellent guns, they are built very tightly though and will need a minimum of 150-200 rounds just to break them in, they are quite heavy though but made from very good steel, they have a tendency to shoot low because of the high rear sight, the da trigger pull is on the heavy side when new but like all CZ guns gets better with age, nice guns.

Mike

(Monroe County)

I have only fired a full size DE but it was very nice and I have never heard of any major issues or complaints about any of the Eagle line.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wally36 View Post
    I love the way this pistol looks and am thinking about buying off the strength of that alone but has anyone actually shot this gun? Any input you could gimme?
    As others have said - Baby Eagle is a CZ-75 clone w/ slide-mounted decocker/safety... Built like a frigging tank, so a bit heavy for my carry preference - But should last a LONG time... I wouldn't mind snagging one as a range toy...

BTW I think it is IMI - Israeli Military Industries... I thought I read somewhere that Magnum Research (the US importer of IMI weapons) now has license to manufacture the current production US-marketed IMI handguns here stateside - But don't quote me on that. I might be recalling incorrectly. But if I was buying one today, I would be sure it was stamped "Made In Israel" (but then again, I like my Sigs and HK's to say "Made In Germany" too)

I'm not a fan of the full-size DE, but the Baby Eagle is a totally different design, and certainly a solid, quality pistol. With the combination of all steel construction and 9mm, recoil is minimal.

Let us know if you get it - And pics, of course!

Regards,

Bones

(Centre County)

who is importing Jericho these days? I thought Magnum research is, but its not listed under their website..
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Delaware County)

Charels Daly was but they're no longer in business

(Monroe County)

Charles Daly/KBI is out of Business, But Magnum Research is looking for a New Partner.

The Jericho name came about when Mossberg/UZI were the importer (same Gun) .

In Israel they are still Sold under the Jericho name and is one of the most popular guns in Israel.

I would like to see Tangfolio makes a Alloy frame model , that should knock off about 8-10 ounces off the weight.

Tangfolio does mAkes a Polymer model but that is sold under thier own name as the Witness P.

IWI (Israel weapons industries) is now the correct nomeclature, they no longer use IMI (Israel Military industries)

(Adams County)

I have a Jericho 941 and I absolutely love it. It is on the heavy side but very reliable & accurate. I have the complete 941 kit with the .41AE conversion barrell and mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast