Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: IWI 9mm/ Jericho 941/ Magnum Research Baby Eagle

I owned one in .40 cal for a while. Really reliable heavy gun. The only thing I didn't like were the sights. They are set up really strange. The rear sight is very tall and the front sight is very short. This makes the gun shoot about 12in high at 25 yrds if you aim dead center. I heard they may have intended for you to aim at the 6 oclock position to hit dead center. I would up grindi ng down my rear sight until it hit where I was aiming. This was the main reason I got rid of this gun. This was not me flinching or doing anything stupid, off a bench it hit way high. Just looking at the sights you could see it would shoot high.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I owned one in .40 cal for a while. Really reliable heavy gun. The only thing I didn't like were the sights. They are set up really strange. The rear sight is very tall and the front sight is very short. This makes the gun shoot about 12in high at 25 yrds if you aim dead center. I heard they may have intended for you to aim at the 6 oclock position to hit dead center. I would up grindi ng down my rear sight until it hit where I was aiming. This was the main reason I got rid of this gun. This was not me flinching or doing anything stupid, off a bench it hit way high. Just looking at the sights you could see it would shoot high.
    Yoder i have the same problem with mine, but buried in the fine print in the Manual IWI states that its aq 6'oclock gun , for defensive handgun you wouldnt think they would put those sights on it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    The Jericho name came about when Mossberg/UZI were the importer (same Gun) .
    I'm pretty sure that Jericho was KBI's name. Mossberg called it the Uzi Eagle. Magnum Research called it the Baby Eagle.

(Monroe County)

You're right , Mossberg called it the eagle.

Nyman

(Allegheny County)

Every now and then a blind pig finds an acorn.

I've had this one in .45 ACP for a couple of years now, and it runs without a hitch. I would recommend this firearm to anyone. It has all steel construction, and is extremely well made. I paid under $500.00 for it. If there is a drawback it is the magazines are a little hard to come by, and they are a bit expensive. But I just ordered several when I bought the gun, and have been in good shape ever since. It's a little heavy but it makes it very controllable, and weight is a small price to pay for the durability of an all steel pistol. Bill T.

(Monroe County)

ive shot the 9, 40 and 45 models. the recoil on them is minimal due to the weight, which i love. the grip fits the hand better than almost any other gun out there. they are super comfortable to hold. the minimal size and weight of the slide again factor into very little felt kick. the sights tho do take some time to get used to.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Adams County)

I bought mine about 8 years ago, my neighbor's husband passed and he had it for quite a few years before that. Here's a better close-up of the pistol. Is this the Charles Daly model? I can't find any reference to that, just the manual shows IMI 941 and the 941 signified the ability to switch between 9mm and .41 AE (which the .41AE died off as S&W won with the .40 I think).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12