Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Thumbs up Just had a "different" experience in Littlestown Sheetz

So, my wife is pregnant and "needed" a frozen coffee drink from Sheetz. I went in to Sheetz with my hi-point c-9 in holster (as usual) wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and I haven't shaved in a couple days (just pointing out that I didn't look like a cop) to order her drink.

I notice a white van with tinted windows, spotlight, and MD tags. I thought it may have been a customer of mine who works for the police in MD because it looked like the one he drives. I headed in the door and looked around as I walked in to see if my customer was there so I could say hi.

I didn't see him, but I did see a guy with a gun on his hip, a "high and tight" haircut, and a black shirt tucked in that looked like it had the MDSP logo on it. He was talking to someone I see in there fairly regularly. The officer immediately looked down at my gun and seemed confused/concerned. I simply said "how you doin' sir?", as I do with most everyone, and went to the order screen to punch in the wifeys order.

As I could still see them in my peripheral vision, the officer moved close to the other guy and said, "What does that guy think he's doing?". The local simply stated, "Oh, PA has open carry.". The officer said back, "What?", seeming to get more confused. They then moved further away so I couldn't see or hear them.

I finished my order, paid, got her drink and walked out. The funny part was I got to say "Have a nice day" to the officer as he stared me down from the door of the Sheetz to my truck. I assume he is not familiar with this area. Hopefully today showed him that a civilian can carry a gun and not act like a crazy person. This short education may have prevented him from going in to "panic mode" if he saw a MWAG in PA again.

Another (seemingly) successful OC encounter in PA! And I didn't even have to explain anything!
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Just had a "different" experience in Littlestown Sheetz

Congratulations on your soon to come child!
    Glad to hear of the non event and that the bystander educated the officer.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    Congratulations on your soon to come child!
    Glad to hear of the non event and that the bystander educated the officer.
    Thank you sir! I have 3 boys now (6, almost 3, and almost 2) and we will find out what the next one is next week! Very exciting!

I too am happy we have well educated people here. It seems like the more I OC, the more people understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FiredUp View Post
    So, my wife is pregnant and "needed" a frozen coffee drink from Sheetz. I went in to Sheetz with my hi-point c-9 in holster (as usual) wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and I haven't shaved in a couple days (just pointing out that I didn't look like a cop) to order her drink
    I haven't shaved since probably before you were born, and people still think I am a cop. Good story.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I haven't shaved since probably before you were born, and people still think I am a cop. Good story.
    ROFLOL, I can't imagine you being a cop...............
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Retired One View Post
    ROFLOL, I can't imagine you being a cop...............
    Unrelated to the story... I'd like to thank you for your service (looking at your signature). If it wasn't for patriots like you and my father (and his father, and more etc.) I wouldn't have the freedoms I do. So... thank you. I really appreciate it.

(Montgomery County)

Amazing to me that if we dont display a badge to show how elite we are that we shouldn't have the right to carry...

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jjeez View Post
    Amazing to me that if we dont display a badge to show how elite we are that we shouldn't have the right to carry...
    Agreed. People aren't scared of a gun if the person is also carrying a badge. As if the badge automatically means they are much better qualified and more experienced than myself. I would be willing to bet that even at my young age, I have spent more time behind a firearm than a lot of police officers. Both target practice and quick draw/under stress practice. Not that I'm saying they are not qualified, I'm just making the point that I am too.

(Montgomery County)

Agreed. People aren't scared of a gun if the person is also carrying a badge. As if the badge automatically means they are much better qualified and more experienced than myself. I would be willing to bet that even at my young age, I have spent more time behind a firearm than a lot of police officers. Both target practice and quick draw/under stress practice. Not that I'm saying they are not qualified, I'm just making the point that I am too.
    I am sure they are qualified under their sorry requirements.
    Most of us if not all on here would be a better shot than a lot of cops. The requirements i have seen are pretty lame.

(Northampton County)

Thank you sir! I have 3 boys now (6, almost 3, and almost 2) and we will find out what the next one is next week! Very exciting!

I too am happy we have well educated people here. It seems like the more I OC, the more people understand.
    LOL. I am a woman Wow. 3 Boys must be a handful! You'll definately have to keep us updated on what you'll be having. This is a very exciting time indeed!
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast