Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Installing Fiber Optic sights from CZ Custom Shop on P-07 Duty

I bought and self installed the Fiber Optic Sights available from CZ Custom Shop on my P-07 this week. These are both metal sights.

I opted for the 1.5mm diameter front rod fiber optic sight. The rear uses 1.0mm fiber optic rod.

The front sight needed a bit of filing to fit into the dovetail snugly. From the factory it comes a little oversized.

Installing the rear sight WILL require some filing of the SLIDE as there is a staking of the dovetail that holds the original rear plastic sight in place. If you look down upon the top of the rear sight, it appears like there is a little slotted screw - it is not. That is the dimple the factory put in the frame to stake your sight.

Put your slide in a vice - protecting it with brass or rubber jaws and some folded notebook paper. I took note of the position of the current sight edges and verified they were centered. Then I placed some masking tape on top of the slide and marked the edges and center in pen as a reference for myself when putting on the new sight.

Remove the set screw from the new sight and set it aside somewhere safe that you won't lose it!

Simply take your non-marring punch (I have a nylon one that I made - maybe delrin would be better?) and drive out the original. Test fit the new sight using only finger pressure to see which side will fit easier. Mine went in easier from the left side (front of slide is barrel end in this reference). It fit all the way in to the stake divot by finger pressure.

I protected the slide in the dovetail area with some electrical tape on the flat to prevent me from taking off any black coating when filing the staking. Then I got out my mini-triangle file and slowly worked the divot until the edge was even with the rest of the dovetail cut. This took about 20 minutes of filing and checking. When the sight would slip slightly past the divot mark (which was middle of the dovetail) I got out the nylon punch and put the sight in by lightly tap tap tapping until it was centered.

The sight did drag a little on the flat on the left side evidently as there is a little wear on the slide blacking. The same thign happened on the right side when driving out the plastic sight. I am wondering what cold process I could use to protect it again - I will inquire with Angus (Owner of CZ Custom Shop).

After the sight is where you want it get out the thread locker and put some in the set screw hole and put in your set screw. Some people put dabs around the edges of the sights as well. The set screw requires a 1.5mm hex wrench.

Shoot it and try it out. If you got it centered you are good to go!

Oh and on the front sight, the new nylon punch I made was skinny enough to drive it all the way until the gap at the back of the sight was gone - the rounded part is now under the dovetail in the slide. The front is not even now, but that is ok with me.

Can't want to try it out!

Last edited by falcn; April 14th, 2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typos
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Installing Fiber Optic sights from CZ Custom Shop on P-07 Duty

Ran down to PMSC after dinner to hit the Steel Paradise pistol range to check the sights.

Knocking down the speed rack at I think 15 yards was cake and plinking the 5" or so hanging plates on the 25 yard bullpen targets proved easy as well.

I am very pleased with the sights and glad I got them centered well
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Default Re: Installing Fiber Optic sights from CZ Custom Shop on P-07 Duty

I am attempting to change the front sight of my CZ P07 to the fiber optic sight from the Custom Shop as you did. I am having trouble removing the stock sight. Any suggestions on how this comes out. Thanks for your help.