Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Monroe county LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Gee . . .do ya think that you might be somewhat generous with other people's money? Why should he pay to hire some shyster lawyer for thousands of dollars in legal fees to straighten out an apparent government bureaucrat screw up? He first went to a lawyer and that attorney wanted (as we'd expect) a $1,500 retainer to start the process. Should ad at this point that my neighbor is a very frugal man and won't even buy cable of satellite TV service. Instead, he uses an old roof top antenna to pick up three fuzzy local yokel channels out of Wilkes Barre.

For a hundred or two bucks he could apply for the pardon nonsense and be done with it. Aside from all that, he apparently doesn't care enough about this gun license hoopla to even bother with anymore. Might suppose too that not all guys get their morning wood by being able to run around packing a weapon concealed. Should he ever get the urge, I've invited him to our other house up in New England. The Vermont border is about 15-miles away where a person can roam the landscape carrying a concealed handgun to their heart's content without government permission of any kind.
    You would think that a frugal man could afford an attorney to fix a once in a lifetime mistake. Lawyers aren't all scumbags looking to nickel and dime the poor and oppressed, but they need to get paid for the work they do and the work their paralegals, legal secrataries, receptionists and office managers do as well.

Nonetheless, I won't blame him for being a bit low on funds, what I do find odd though is that a pardon application still requires dealing with stubborn government officials, so applying for one to avoid doing that just doesn't make sense. Of course he could pay a lawyer to deal with those beurocrats rather than deal with them himself.

Besides, seams to me that applying for a pardon would involve applying for a pardon of the charge he was officially convicted of, that being a misdemeanor; I don't know how he could legally apply for a pardon for a charge he wasn't convicted of and somehow expect that to solve the problem.

(Monroe County)

hahah I just got neg-repped for a post in this thread from over a year ago... its cool..

hey Twoguns... thanks for the Neg Rep. Feel free to leave Monroe anytime you would like, I haven't heard a SINGLE person who has lived her more then 15 years that has mentioned anything POSITIVE about the transplant influx...

know why? BECAUSE THEY BROUGHT NOTHING POSITIVE WITH THEM!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Dredly, Sent you a +rep for truth and to cancel the neg.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    hahah I just got neg-repped for a post in this thread from over a year ago... its cool..

hey Twoguns... thanks for the Neg Rep. Feel free to leave Monroe anytime you would like, I haven't heard a SINGLE person who has lived her more then 15 years that has mentioned anything POSITIVE about the transplant influx...

You reveal a very petty and closed minded attitude. I have lived in many parts of the U.S.; West Coast, Rocky Mt. Region, Desert S.W., Pacific N.W. and the Deep South. That attitude can be found all over and it shows the thinking of a very small minded person. Enjoy your ignorance.

Americans have the right to move/relocate to any other state or region of their choosing, whether or not ignorant locals like it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I haven't heard a SINGLE person who has lived her more then 15 years that has mentioned anything POSITIVE about the transplant influx...
    The only thing I would change is that I would add a word;

"BECAUSE 95% BROUGHT NOTHING POSITIVE WITH THEM"

There's a handful of good ones. As far as the Vermont statement. If you want to see a prejudice for flatlanders go to Vt, NH or Me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234