Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show

I wanted to look at some home defense shotguns. Are some available at the Pittsburgh Gun Show?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerron View Post
    I wanted to look at some home defense shotguns. Are some available at the Pittsburgh Gun Show?
    Yep, plenty that I kinda half-noticed. I was more after ammo; it was good to see that some vendors have their sanity back. And they were the ones selling it!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Yep, plenty that I kinda half-noticed. I was more after ammo; it was good to see that some vendors have their sanity back. And they were the ones selling it!

Was it better than the last one? Were there any stripped lowers/Magpul stuff for decent prices?

(Beaver County)

Two things I want to know . . . Open carry friendly? It's probably a really stupid question but I've never been to a gun show so I don't know much about gun show carry etiquette. Any nice shotguns? I'm interested in almost anything 12 gauge because I LOVE shotties but in particular, I've been thinking about picking up a double barrel for a while and if I can find one cheap, I may take it home. Thanks!

(Somerset County)

No loaded firearms are allowed at the show. They will check and zip tie (tightly) the action on any firearm you bring to the show at the door to prevent any accidental firings. As for shotguns, I remember there being a number of them, but I don't remember any double barrels. Of course, I wasn't looking for one, either.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DVE View Post
    Was it better than the last one? Were there any stripped lowers/Magpul stuff for decent prices?
    In terms of ammo prices, MUCH MUCH better than anything over the past 12months.

Magpul? just the usual mags and "Tony" the AR-guy with a few AFG grips - I noticed as I was specifically looking for the "MOE table" from last time. Instead, a ton of UTG and NC Star stuff in terms of AR tchotchke.

I noticed one table that kinda threw me, an Asian Amish? guy and a ton of AR stuff and ammo. Don't mean anything against Asian Americans or the Amish(?), just can't recall a similar sight before.

And the OC/Concealed carry thing;

They made multiple announcements of no loaded guns allowed. No one should take issue with that: Last thing we would want is the Joe Goebbels-trained US press to report a story of a discharge at a gunshow.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

What were pistol prices like? Todays the last day and Im thinking it may be a fun trip....

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    What were pistol prices like? Todays the last day and Im thinking it may be a fun trip....
    Hoover's Outfitters in your area (Rockwood) is probably your best place to buy ANY firearm at a good price. I've yet to see "Bargain basement prices" at any GS especially since the Obama administration took over.

(Allegheny County)

I was able to get a table last minute and had my Ar's and some uppers and other parts. I had quality sutff, daniel defense, LMT, Vltor, Noveske, White oak barrel, and I had to literally slash prices to even get interest. Everyone was buying bushmaster, utg, ncstar, stag. i did end up selling some stuff, but took hits on most because i just needed the money, does no one like quality anymore?

on a buying point of view, some pretty good prices on some stuff, but ammo prices in my opinion were not too good, because i know what these people buy it for. The tula that cabela's had on sale for $3.85 per 20 was going for $265.
    Good show all in all, lots of people, but from talking with other people with tables, not too much buying....

All in all. very nice people and enjoyed talking to them and educating, best show that they have had thus far...
    Last edited by uaheclipse24; August 15th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    I noticed one table that kinda threw me, an Asian Amish? guy and a ton of AR stuff and ammo. Don't mean anything against Asian Americans or the Amish(?), just can't recall a similar sight before.
    I thought it was kind of strange too, and his wife was using a computer?

But $15 for 50 rounds of .223 was impossible to pass up. His prices on everything else was pretty reasonable, both of them were very nice people too.

Quote Originally Posted by uaheclipse24 View Post
    I was able to get a table last minute and had my Ar's and some uppers and other parts. I had quality sutff, daniel defense, LMT, Vltor, Noveske, White oak barrel, and I had to literally slash prices to even get interest. Everyone was buying bushmaster, utg, ncstar, stag. i did end up selling some stuff, but took hits on most because i just needed the money, does no one like quality anymore?
    Were you the one with the AR10 lower?

Overall I thought it was a great show, much better than the last few.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast