Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default applying for a LTCF online?

I looked around the threads but couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere. If someone else knows where to find this info, please let me know or post a link to it. Thank you very much.

My question is: Can you apply for your PA LTCF online? I am in florida right now and may be for a few more weeks but I would like to apply for my LTCF now so that it will be there waiting for me when i get back to PA. Could someone please help me with this question and if so, what I would need to do and how much it will cost me? Also, I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I am from york county. Anyone from york, how long did it take for you to recieve your LTCF?

Thank you all in advance!

PS... I was going to get my florida CCW but the course is 70 dollars, and then more to actually apply, and then about a month and a half to recieve the permit. Far too long to wait for the money when the PA license works the same here in florida.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: applying for a LTCF online?

EDIT: didn't notice that you were from PA.

You cant apply online. You can download the form and mail it in to YOUR sheriff. If he/she doesn't do mail in apps, then you'll have to wait.
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp
    Last edited by knight0334; April 13th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You cant apply online, but you can download the application and mail it in to the Centre County Sheriff.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp
    He said he does not have his FL permit, so as a current resident of FL (a state which does issue permits) he could not get a PA LTCF.

(York County)

I am a resident of PA... I simply happen to spend most of my time working in florida. Sorry for the confusion.....

Is there anything that I need to include with the application? thanks again for the info! :-)

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    He said he does not have his FL permit, so as a current resident of FL (a state which does issue permits) he could not get a PA LTCF.
    Yeah.. It finally registered in my head after I posted. ...followed up with a ninja edit. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

You should just call the York Sheriff and ask them if they'll accept an app. by mail and get started on it for you. They may want you in person for the whole process.

(York County)

You should just call the York Sheriff and ask them if they'll accept an app. by mail and get started on it for you. They may want you in person for the whole process.
    thanks to both of you! rep sent to you both for the help!

(Allegheny County)

At least in Allegheny County you can do it by E-Mail or Snail Mail. You pay when you pick it up.

(Bucks County)

FWIW...found this in the application instructions

7. Return the completed application along with your payment of $25.00 to the address at the top of this form. We accept cash, check or money order. Please do not send cash through the mail. Your
    application will not be processed without payment in advance. All checks should be made payable to YORK COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE. A $5.00 administrative fee will be assessed for all denied applications.
    The price is correct...but there are a few items that are not. But that's probably for another thread...

(Lancaster County)

If you are a resident of Pa you have to apply with the Sheriff of your county. You can't as a Pa resident chose your sheriff. So as I understand your situation it is the York County Sheriff.
    Last edited by jack76590; April 13th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.