Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: insite firearms

(Delaware County)

Default insite firearms

Was wondering why does insite firearms make a photo copy of your DL when you buy a firearm.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: insite firearms

Step 1: Photocopy everyone's driver's license
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.

(Chester County)

I think a lot of dealers like myself have starting to do it as proof that you actuually saw the information on the picture I.D. Sometimes a person will not give it when they want to sell a dealer a gun and leave the shop. I use it as a deterrant and it did help me out.

John Bennett
    Bennett's Gun Shop

(Allegheny County)

I thought it was illegal to copy a drivers license?
    The Lord Bless You

(Delaware County)

No I can understand if you are selling the dealer a gun. This is when you buy a gun at the store.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for posting the question! I have a copy made so that we can deter straw purchasers. It is strictly for identification purposes and contains no more information than you already provided on the federal or state form other than your photo. We have assisted in over 5 successful straw purchase prosecutions and the picture was extremely helpul. There is no law against making a copy of a drivers license. Banks, doctors offices, etc. do it all the time. We don't give/sell information to any one other than law enforcement. Law enforcement agencies can request this info from us at any time and we comply. Thanks again, Luke

(Northampton County)

From this information from their website and you should be able to answer your own question. (http://insitefirearms.com/aboutus.html)

The store started in 1988 as GUNS-R-US in a little room in an exterminator business on W. Main Street in Jeffersonville, PA by Luke Kelly, John Pascale and Rick Hendrickson. Luke and John were West Norriton police officers and Rick was a hunting partner with Luke. The giant "R-US" company took offense to the name and forced them to stop using the moniker so the name was then changed to the Alibi Gun Shop.

The business soon outgrew it's small space and moved one block to the old schoolhouse at Main St. and School Lane where the business thrived and expanded to a larger area inside the building. Soon thereafter, John was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. The business was then sold to Jeff Balch, another West Norriton officer, and Celeste Bunczk. A short time later the business was again sold and this time to Bill Gordon, former owner of the Firearms Company in East Norriton. The name was changed to InSite Firearms and continued to be successful and has been purchased back by Luke to allow Bill to begin his trek toward retiring.

On May 1st, 2006, Luke along with his wife Jackie, opened the doors to their new location at 2101 W. Main Street directly across from the schoolhouse. It is a 3900 sq. ft. building with over 2000 sq ft of showroom. It is located in the Burn-Ridge Shopping Center. Luke Kelly enjoyed a 20+ year career in law enforcement attaining the rank of Detective with West Norriton Police until his retirement in May 2006. He is an NRA certified Police Firearms Instructor since 1988. He is an avid hunter and shooter and is a member of the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club and the National Rifle Association. Bill Gordon has been involved in the firearms business for over 30 years starting in the Navarone Gun Shop in Conshohocken, PA. He moved to Hillcrest Shopping Center and opened The Firearms Store. Bill then relocated to West Norriton and rented space from Grey's Outfitters on Main St. He eventually purchased InSite Firearms. Bill is also a member of the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club and the NRA. Most all of the people who work at InSite are members of the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club and NRA members. Several are also NRA certified Civilian Firearms Instructors.

(Northampton County)

I don't know about anyone else, but the last time I was in there, the counter-people were not very friendly. The prices also seemed somewhat high.
    This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it. -V for Vendetta

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by frabor68 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but the last time I was in there, the counter-people were not very friendly. The prices also seemed somewhat high.
    The owner was extremely nice the last time I was in but I did notice somewhat of an attitude from the other two guys working. I just chalk it up to jealousy because I'm extremely handsome.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: insite firearms

Quote Originally Posted by ratrodfink View Post
    The owner was extremely nice the last time I was in but I did notice somewhat of an attitude from the other two guys working. I just chalk it up to jealousy because I'm extremely handsome.
    Well, I'm not.
    This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it. -V for Vendetta

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast