Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Slight Change to Infractions: All Infractions now have Warnings

Ever since the creation of the infraction system moderators have not been given the option to issue warnings (which go on history, but do not add any points or result in bans) for certain offenses that we originally deemed black and white.

After our recent staff conference call however we talked about a few situation where infractions were issued in cases where the moderator didn't really want to but had no other choice.

As a result we have decided that all infractions should have a warning option that the moderator can choose to issue instead of an infraction.

None of the rules have changed, but it will allow moderators more discretion in alerting users to inappropriate behavior without necessarily dropping the ban hammer right out of the gate if they feel it is not necessary.

We all hope this will help moving forward.

One thing we ask though: If you are issued a warning/infraction, please for the love of God see if it's a warning before getting upset. A warning is just that, a friendly warning, it results in no points or bans.

I once had a banned user spam my inbox with profanity, slurs, and inappropriate pictures for 3 weeks over a warning, no lie.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Slight Change to Infractions: All Infractions now have Warnings

It's good to see you trying to take the steps to remedy what seemed to be a major issue here, Dan. I'm sure many of the people here, including me, truly appreciate you taking the extra actions to try and improve things. Even with just the few seemingly minor changes over the past few hours, I believe it's positive progress for the future...

Take care...
    III%

This is a good step I think. Some things are blatant and meant to be harmful or obviously carried beyond reason, others are brainfarts. I've been infracted several times and each time I learned more about how to post and have continually refined my posting skills....and forethought. A warning can serve that same end in the case of someone (and who hasn't?) going too far without true ill intent. Anyone who doesn't heed the warning, or objects to it in a gross manner, well...they were warned.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Berks County)

Nike, ErSwnn,

Just a note that warnings have always been available to mods on SOME of the offenses, but not all. Now we have the ability to warn on any listed offense. A minor change, but one which I think will be helpful.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

WHAT?! I never got no #@!*% warnings just your #@!*% infractions!!! You guys should go ^$#&**%@^& and (**%#!&!! All I did was say stupid things without regard to rules, morality or common sense.

Ah, but the reality is I earned them and moved on. A wee bit wiser for it.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

thats the point, now we CAN give warnings
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Ever since the creation of the infraction system moderators have not been given the option to issue warnings (which go on history, but do not add any points or result in bans) for certain offenses that we originally deemed black and white.

After our recent staff conference call however we talked about a few situation where infractions were issued in cases where the moderator didn't really want to but had no other choice.

As a result we have decided that all infractions should have a warning option that the moderator can choose to issue instead of an infraction.
    It sounds like you are cops or something LOL

A warning can be given in a diplomatic Private Message. But I see that is not the system we are looking for. I just find it all amusing.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It sounds like you are cops or something LOL

A warning can be given in a diplomatic Private Message. .
    Or it can be given in a diplomatic "warning" infraction.

That way it can be tracked by staff <---- This is the system we are looking for.

It doesn't make much difference since a large percentage of people that receive "warnings" go ape shit and send hateful messages to staff, etc.... I find it all so amusing. Not.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    It doesn't make much difference since a large percentage of people that receive "warnings" go ape shit and send hateful messages to staff, etc.... I find it all so amusing. Not.
    Wow. All this time I thought they were good people who I trusted and who gave their time and effort to an important cause - a rare bunch. I guess you learn a little more about people when you click a warning button.

I'm going to give this a rest now, I wanted to say what I think but I don't want to aggravate the situation.

(Lawrence County)

Thank you Dan...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...