Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Average NFA dealer fee for paper work? Any good dealers around lehigh valley/ Chester

I paid 175 for my dealer fee last time. Whats the average dealer fee for the paper work? I would prefer not to pay pretty much the same price in dealer fees as the tax stamp... Any good dealers with a low fee around Lehigh Valley or Chester County? I want one that wont take my stuff to gun shows or display it.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Average NFA dealer fee for paper work? Any good dealers around lehigh valley/ Che

I don't know about "average".

I go through American Sport Shooting - technically he is not "in" the Lehigh Valley, but his NFA transfer fee is $100.

He'll give you all the forms including finger print cards, and if you want, he'll validate everything to the best of his ability before you send it to the ATF. That doesn't mean he guarantees you'll be approved, or that it will be back in 6 weeks - he just makes sure all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s crossed, right forms, etc.

Rich, the owner, is a member here and he and his shop (even Paulie) have a very good reputation.

http://forum.pafoa.org/members/rflynn/

Skullz
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Pike County)

Default Re: Average NFA dealer fee for paper work? Any good dealers around lehigh valley/ Che

My dealer (Keystone arms) charged $125 for transfer.

Now here is what that $125 got me.

SBR was shipped to him from maker.
    He held the SBR at his location locked up in a large safe.
    He got ALL NFA forms and finger print cards, and filled out forms.
    I picked them up after making a appointment with LEO for signature and finger prints.
    Took all forms back to dealer. He mailed them out certified mail.
    When forms came back he called me . I went down did the regular paperwork and did the final background check and went home with new investment.

Only forms I filled out were the criminal history yellow form at time of final transfer to me .
    Not that filling out forms is hard to do. for the $125, he had to do some work. No forms were photo copied or carbon's. All were done by hand with a pen.

Snert..

(Monroe County)

From my experiances $100-125 is usually the amount charged for NFA transfers.

I did a DD transfer six years ago and was charged $200 or 250 because nobody else though that they could handle the transfer. It came in on a Form 4 so any SOT could have handled the transfer.

(Northampton County)

Whats the difference between form 1, 2, 3, and 4?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    Whats the difference between form 1, 2, 3, and 4?
    ATF forms of note...

ATF 5320.1 (Form 1) Application to Make and Register a Firearm - what non licensees (individuals) use to make or register a NFA item

ATF 5320.2 (Form 2) Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported - what licensees use to report what items they have made under their MFG license

ATF 5320.3 (Form 3) Application for Tax-Exempt Transfer of Firearm and Registration to Special (Occupational) Taxpayer - What dealers use to transfer possession of an NFA item between dealers or manufacturers

ATF 5320.4 (Form 4) Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm- used to transfer FROM a dealer to an individual, or from individual to individual, tax paid. also required with a F4 tyransfer is ATF 5330.20(see below)

ATF 5320.5 (Form 5) Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of a Firearm - generally used for transfer of NFA items from decedents estates to a proper heir, tax free.

ATF 5320.20 Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms Act Firearms - used to notify ATF of the intent to transport certain NFA itemes across state lines. must be APPROVED before transportation. Required for all NFA items you wish to travel with other than suppressors and AOWs.

ATF 5330.20 Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B) - patriot act BS, you certify that you are a citizen of the US.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Westmoreland County)

I guess I am lucky. My dealer only charges $63.75 after tax for a transfer.

(Northampton County)

If you are buying from the dealer, the fee should be zero. Mine have been zero. He can put in his info, which is only a few lines. Fill out the rest yourself.

If you are using a dealer to transfer over state lines, and therefore not buying from the dealer, I haven't done that.

(Northampton County)

What dealer only charges 63 or better yet free?

(Northampton County)

Are you using the dealer to facilitate an out of state transfer or are you buying directly from the dealer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast