Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default How many NFA firearms can you transfer at once?

I am still waiting on my transfer from a few months back. Can I transfer three more NFA items at the same time or does that cause issues with the process? I was thinking of getting an SBS, another SBR, and a suppressor.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: How many NFA firearms can you transfer at once?

There is no way to control the process, at least on the ATF side. You can send as many Form 4s or Form 1s at the same time as you can afford . The ATF could care less.

I've seen 4 forms sent at once, one took 6 weeks to come back, one took 7, one took 8, and one took 4 months. I've also seen paperwork go in for one can in February and then paperwork for another can go in in March and the March stamp came back before the February submission.

It's the .gov - there is no rhyme or reason, and they don't get paid based on any kind of SLA. If your examiner wants to shuffle the forms on his desk every morning before he starts work, he can.

If you wanted to wait for all the stamps to be returned to your dealer and then do the "transfer" all at the same time, I don't see a problem with that.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    There is no way to control the process, at least on the ATF side. You can send as many Form 4s or Form 1s at the same time as you can afford . The ATF could care less.

I've seen 4 forms sent at once, one took 6 weeks to come back, one took 7, one took 8, and one took 4 months. I've also seen paperwork go in for one can in February and then paperwork for another can go in in March and the March stamp came back before the February submission.

It's the .gov - there is no rhyme or reason, and they don't get paid based on any kind of SLA. If your examiner wants to shuffle the forms on his desk every morning before he starts work, he can.

If you wanted to wait for all the stamps to be returned to your dealer and then do the "transfer" all at the same time, I don't see a problem with that.
    Skullz knows whats going on!

+1

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    How many NFA firearms can you transfer at once?
    All of them.