Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default getting my LTCF tomorrow

So in about 45 mins I turn 21. Tomorrow morning I have to swing by the car dealership where I bought my truck and have them look at the brakes... it feels like they are sticking, and the squeal like crazy... but anyways, had a few questions. I figured I would swing by the courthouse, get my permit, then head to the dealership.

What hours are the sheriff's office open ?
    How much is it ? I thought someone mentioned $35, just making sure I heard right.
    Do they take cash ?
    how many references do I need ? I have to get their addresses before I head over.

I checked on the county's website, but I couldn't find the hours the sheriff's office is open, or anything about payment.

Thanks a lot I feel like Ive been looking forward to this forever, and now it almost seems surreal. tomorrow is April 12th right ? lol
    Que sera, Sera

(York County)

Default Re: getting my LTCF tomorrow

Wow... 55 minutes and no one has responded? I guess that'll teach you to start a thread near midnight on a Sunday night!

So... first of all, Happy Birthday and welcome to full-blown adulthood and personal responsibility!

Here's the page for the Lackawanna County Sheriff's Dept: http://www.lackawannacounty.org/view...aspx?DeptID=38

...but I could not find hours. I have to think you would be safe with 9:00 AM.

Statewide, the cost is supposed to be $25.00 and you need 2 references. Unfortunately, some Sheriff's add their own requirements above and beyond what the state requires or allows.

Perhaps this will serve as a "bump" and someone from Lackawanna can fill in the blanks.

Allow me a preemptive congrats on your LTCF... welcome to the dark side!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

Happy Birthday! (you share yours with my mom's!)

Have you decided on a carry weapon yet?
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

I believe I paid $31 last year for the laminated card (25 + 6 for the lamination). It took all of about 10 minutes to get my LTCF.

(Lackawanna County)

First let me say I'm posting this while I'm at work, so it may be short. I'm in the back of an ambulance transfering a pt. hes asleep, I just finished as much of my chart as I can at this point, and I happened to find out this laptop has internet capabilities....

that also means my LTCF application may be dalayed. I'm estimating arrivial home around 1530 (Long, out of town transfer) So I'm hoping they are open till 5. as soon as I get back, im gonna run over to the courthouse (still in EMT uniform) and pray they are still open.

Thanks a lot for all the congratz. I have decided on a carry weapon, but im undecided on caliber. I'm going to be getting a Springfield Armory XDm soon as I get some money.... I'm not sure if I want to go with the .40 or 9mm. I prefer the .40, but 9mm seems to be cheaper and more plentiful.

Thanks for all the help. Curmudgeon: I found that site, but didn't see the info I was looking for.
    Que sera, Sera

(Monroe County)

congrats man!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Hey Mike, just called the Lack. sheriff off. for you. They close at 4, but for a LTCF...that dept. closes at 3:30
    Will save you a trip there

(Lackawanna County)

HiredGoon: Thanks a lot, its good to at least have a time, even if its a bad time.

ETA to receiving facility is 1200, then we have drop off time, refueling time, a 2.5 hr trip back... hopefully I can make it back... it will be cutting it close, but I'm gonna tell my partner to put the pedal to the floor.
    Que sera, Sera

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrekopa View Post
    HiredGoon: Thanks a lot, its good to at least have a time, even if its a bad time.

ETA to receiving facility is 1200, then we have drop off time, refueling time, a 2.5 hr trip back... hopefully I can make it back... it will be cutting it close, but I'm gonna tell my partner to put the pedal to the floor.
    Your're welcome.

That's what the lights and siren are for...right? LOL! Just kidding. Good luck!

Just thought about the ambulance service movie "Mother, Jugs and Speed" with Bill Cosby. Check it out if you have never seen it
    Last edited by HiredGoon; April 12th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrekopa View Post

Happy Birthday and good luck getting back in time!
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast