Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: getting my LTCF tomorrow

I had high hopes when we pulled into the garage at 1500... those hopes faded a litle when my partner handed my a piece of paper that reminded me I had to transfer my chart from the laptop to our office computers. I had to run around the garage looking for my cellphone, only to find it sitting in the cup holder of my truck. As I pulled out of the garage at 1512, I was praying for green lights and no traffic... thats about the time I saw the open garage door in my rear view mirror, So I had to close that, then I was on my way. I had good luck the first half of my trip. the second half though, not so much. I managed to get behind a slow pickup that stopped on yellows and wouldnt go above 15MPH. I get to the block the courthouse is on and I'm hopeful. I see open parking spots directly across from the CH. I throw it in park at 1525. get across the street and through the security checkpoint at 1528. get to the sheriff's office and PRAY they are willing to go easy on me and run my application through.

Mind you I haven't even taken off my name tag (maybe because I wanted them to know I was a first responder, or maybe because I didn't care, we may never know ) I'm still in full uniform. I put my scizzors, knife, and seatbelt cutter out of my pockets while I was still on the ambulance.

So I get into the office, round the corner, and see the sign "GUN PERMITS LAST WINDOW" I go to the last window to find the woman on the phone. she hangs up and opens the window. "How can I help you"

"Please tell me you have time to run one more firearms license through"

"No, I'm REALLY sorry, but I literally just shut down the computer. If it was still on I would do it for you, but I can't."

She proceeded to give me an application, and tell me all the little things (reference address must be complete address. etc.) So I asked what time they opened tomorrow, and she told me 0800.

I took my application, and bucket full of deflated hopes, and headed to Chicks diner for some food. I really wish I could have had my LTCF say my birthday, instead of 4/13/10, but all in all I only have to wat a few more hours. So now I'm going to fill out my application, and sleep from 1800 today till 0700 tomorrow morning

I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow as soon as I get my LTCF.
    Que sera, Sera

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrekopa View Post
    So I get into the office, round the corner, and see the sign "GUN PERMITS LAST WINDOW".
    Well, see the problem is...you went to the GUN PERMITS window when you should have gone to the License To Carry Firearms window

Anyway, it sounds like they'll issue it on the spot for you tomorrow? That's better than 6 or 7 weeks like some counties

The night will drag for you

(Lackawanna County)

Yea, Jahwarrior said they issue same day, should take about 15 mins.

and theres a sign that say CASH / CREDIT / DEBIT - NO PERSONAL CHECKS. So my cash ought to get me a license.

Well, see the problem is...you went to the GUN PERMITS window when you should have gone to the License To Carry Firearms window
    I was gonna go to the LTCF window, but gun permits was closer, and it was closing time...

Time for my nap. I think my dispatcher was very rude waking me up. I can't complain because that 5x$8.50-tax closer to my XDM, but im tired...
    Que sera, Sera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12