Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Union County)

Default Basic Rules for Driving in PA

Basic Rules For Driving In Pennsylvania..............

1. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real Pennsylvania driver never uses them.

2. Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or
    the space will be filled in by somebody else putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the
    chance you have of getting hit.

4. Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will result in you being rear ended.

5. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. Pennsylvania is a no-fault insurance state and the other guy doesn't have anything to lose.

6. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to
    ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.

7. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to scare people entering the highway.

8. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as
    suggestions and are apparently not enforceable in Pennsylvania during rush hour.

9. Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a Pennsylvania driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.

10. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.

11. Learn to swerve abruptly. Pennsylvania is the home of high-speed slalom driving thanks to the Department of Transportation, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.

12. It is traditional in Pennsylvania to honk your horn at
    cars that don't move the instant the light changes.

13. Remember that the goal of every Pennsylvania driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.

14. In the Pennsylvnia area flipping someone the bird' is
    considered a polite Pennsylvania salute. This gesture should always be returned.

grizz

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Basic Rules for Driving in PA

PA drivers are some of the worst I've seen in the 18 states I've driven in, especially the truckers.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109 View Post
    PA drivers are some of the worst I've seen in the 18 states I've driven in, especially the truckers.
    Then apparently you haven't driven in Massachusetts! (I did, and it scared teh pee out of me--and I'm originally from California!)
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Berks County)

Actually, I'd have to say that the RI drivers are the worst. Doing 75 in the middle lane of I-295 in Mass, get passed on the right by a little speed demon from RI doing 100 as you're passing another car and then have the moron cut you off when he has plenty of time and space to move over will really up the pucker factor for you.

(Cumberland County)

New Jersey is kinda bad too with their jughandles, circles and bisected circles oh my LOL

(Allegheny County)

Grizz,

I evidently didn't see you behind me taking notes.

Had you flashed your lights at me, I would have gotten out of your way when I damned well felt like it.

And those damned ambulances,you would think they would just settle down and stay behind you . You could both get where you are going to eventually. It's like they think they're in a life and death situation or something.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Carbon County)

Really? I've experienced that rudeness mostly from out of state drivers! Weird!
    But that no fault insurance point is well taken. Whenever I see a POS on the road...I always think "better in front than behind"!

BUT you did forget the Drunks! NEVER IN MY LIFE have I seen a sign warning "Watch for DUI drivers" other than PA.
    Of course instead of those assinine Sobriety Checkpoints that waste your time....police should just observe bar patrons as they drive away. But dont get me started
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Allegheny County)

If you see someone holing up the left lane.......it is almost always someone from Ohio!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Philadelphia County)

Philadelphia Rule #3A
    A yellow light means drive as fast as you can through intersection while leaning on horn button.
    Handguns are like smoke detectors...one for every floor in your house.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109 View Post
    While we certainly have our share of road warriors, I had a job a few years a go that involved extensive driving in the tristate area. I-295 in NJ was the worst, I recall Rt 130 was a close second. Seemed like the further south I went, the drivers were calmer.

I-95 around Phila can be interesting, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast