Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rohrer on Gun Control: "The Choice of the Weapon is Not the Focus.

Rohrer on Gun Control: "The Choice of the Weapon is Not the Focus. Get Criminals Off of the Street.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Rohrer on Gun Control: "The Choice of the Weapon is Not the Focus.

The first logical argument I have heard from a a politician. I was very happy to hear the reference to the PA constitution which is indeed stronger than the U.S. second amendment.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

I gotta hand it to Rohrer, he is right on the money there. Right on the money.

(Allegheny County)

Holy shit. A politician who calls it right. <insert conspiracy theory here as to why he'll never be elected in>

(Berks County)

And he only has about 6% of the Republican vote for the primary, according to a Quinnipiac poll:

http://blogs.mcall.com/capitol_ideas...0-edition.html

If you like him, support him!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    And he only has about 6% of the Republican vote for the primary, according to a Quinnipiac poll:

http://blogs.mcall.com/capitol_ideas...0-edition.html

If you like him, support him!
    because the establishment didn't endorse him....most Republicans vote for who the party in the state endorsed......

Sam has my vote..I'll be putting up signs through my area in the new few weeks and handing out stickers..lets get this man in office.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Dauphin County)

Based on his response to the PAREVOLUTION.COM questionnaire and such words I've been told he has uttered as we hear here, I e-mailed Sam at both at his rep and governor-hopeful addresses to feel out whether he'd introduce a bill to repeal the UFA. He pretty much says such law shouldn't exist, so I said both his morals and the integrity of his platform would seem to demand that he introduce such a bill, even if it never saw the direct success of passage, and that putting it forth would at least lend credibility to his image. I know Sam put forward PA's FFA bill but I've never heard of a bill to repeal the UFA put forth by him. I said that I would try to do all the leg work, drafting, writing supporting crap to facilitate its movement...as long as he'll work with me to introduce it.

I never got a response from him or his staff.
    (alternative plausible theory: piece-of-shit-gmail spamboxed it and I POP3 my mail so it didn't get to me. Maybe that's a conspiracy theory of its own.)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Based on his response to the PAREVOLUTION.COM questionnaire and such words I've been told he has uttered as we hear here, I e-mailed Sam at both at his rep and governor-hopeful addresses to feel out whether he'd introduce a bill to repeal the UFA. He pretty much says such law shouldn't exist, so I said both his morals and the integrity of his platform would seem to demand that he introduce such a bill, even if it never saw the direct success of passage, and that putting it forth would at least lend credibility to his image. I know Sam put forward PA's FFA bill but I've never heard of a bill to repeal the UFA put forth by him. I said that I would try to do all the leg work, drafting, writing supporting crap to facilitate its movement...as long as he'll work with me to introduce it.

I never got a response from him or his staff.
    (alternative plausible theory: piece-of-shit-gmail spamboxed it and I POP3 my mail so it didn't get to me. Maybe that's a conspiracy theory of its own.)
    here's the questionnaire he's speaking of:
    http://www.parevolution.com/media-ce...ohrer/download

that's for plugging the site. I help run it. =)

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    here's the questionnaire he's speaking of:
    http://www.parevolution.com/media-ce...ohrer/download

that's for plugging the site. I help run it. =)
    When I go to that link it asks me if I want to open or save. If I choose save I get an error about accessing the site, but open works. I'd also like to point out that PARevolution.com is anti-personal liberty (freedom).

People should be free to use any browser they see fit as long as it doesn't harm others. If they choose to use a non-standard conforming browser and the page renders incorrectly, then that's their choice. PARevolution.com goes out of their way to make the site unusable for IE6 users by placing anti-IE6 propaganda over the top portion of the site, thus preventing navigation of the site (making it unusable). PARevolution.com shouldn't have to go out of their way to accomodate people, but why do they go out of their way to exclude?

TLDR (In short), if PARevolution.com doesn't like your choice of a browser, they will alienate you.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by leeam View Post
    When I go to that link it asks me if I want to open or save. If I choose save I get an error about accessing the site, but open works. I'd also like to point out that PARevolution.com is anti-personal liberty (freedom).

People should be free to use any browser they see fit as long as it doesn't harm others. If they choose to use a non-standard conforming browser and the page renders incorrectly, then that's their choice. PARevolution.com goes out of their way to make the site unusable for IE6 users by placing anti-IE6 propaganda over the top portion of the site, thus preventing navigation of the site (making it unusable). PARevolution.com shouldn't have to go out of their way to accomodate people, but why do they go out of their way to exclude?

TLDR (In short), if PARevolution.com doesn't like your choice of a browser, they will alienate you.
    must be a problem on your end..it saves & opens just fine here.

it's how the template was built..to have users upgrade ie6 to a more modern browser..it's not a site I designed and/or built, it's managed by joomla. for you to say it's an anti-freedom site is pretty absurd..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast