Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default ACR at classic pistol

if anyone is looking for an bushmaster ACR i saw one at classic pistol today. it's the standard model and it was priced around 2400, not sure what accessories came with it. in my opinion it was a very nice looking rifle but not 2400 dollar nice. if the ACR came in at 1500 like magpul originally projected i would be the proud owner of one but i think they are overpriced for what you get. if i were going to spend 2500 on a rifle i would definately go with the FN SCAR instead.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ACR at classic pistol

Huge savings, the base ACR with fixed stock is MSRP of $2685.00.

Such a deal.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Huge savings, the base ACR with fixed stock is MSRP of $2685.00.

Such a deal.
    Be careful, others may not detect your sarcasm.

(Allegheny County)

In all seriousness, it's like Wellcraft said; it's not $2400.00 nice. Personally, I don't think the SCAR is $2400.00 nice, but that's me.

I can't say I'm positive on prices, but I'd think $2400.00 and careful looking would bag you an FS2000, SCAR, P90, a top-tier AR or a pre-ban: SAR48, an H&K91 or 93, an Argie FAL, Valmet, Galil, Mitchell Yugo, P'Tech Legend, shiite - I'd sell a pre-ban Dagenham Mk6 for under $2400.00.

B'Master really needs to get that priced competively with the LE6920 - and they'll move every one they can make. I'd like to see it happen for the sake of jobs and US-tech leadership in firearms.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    In all seriousness, it's like Wellcraft said; it's not $2400.00 nice. Personally, I don't think the SCAR is $2400.00 nice, but that's me.

I can't say I'm positive on prices, but I'd think $2400.00 and careful looking would bag you an FS2000, SCAR, P90, a top-tier AR or a pre-ban: SAR48, an H&K91 or 93, an Argie FAL, Valmet, Galil, Mitchell Yugo, P'Tech Legend, shiite - I'd sell a pre-ban Dagenham Mk6 for under $2400.00.

B'Master really needs to get that priced competively with the LE6920 - and they'll move every one they can make. I'd like to see it happen for the sake of jobs and US-tech leadership in firearms.
    personnally i think the FS2000, PS90, SCAR, AUG and the ACR are all over priced and don't believe the manufacturing costs justify the 2K+ price tags. with that said the point of my post wasn't really to bash any weapon just let anyone interested in buying an ACR know that one was available at classic pistol.

There seems to be countless threads on several gun forums about how the new Bushmaster ACR is, "Not worth the price". What is? Something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what it is, or who pays the price.

Most seem to think it is priced too high, and would sell "better" if it were priced $1,000.00 less. Well what wouldn't? I have yet to examine one hands on, so I cannot comment. And even if I did and had, nothing would change. People are buying these weapons. Those who are feel they are worth it. They can afford them, they like them, and they purchase them. It's as simple as that. It's no different with high priced luxury cars, jewelry, or other expensive items that people don't "need", but rather simply "want". The fact you can buy more of something else cheaper is irrelevant to what an ACR sells for, or any other gun for that matter.

Bushmaster priced the ACR where they did because they have people analyzing the current market, along with the production costs, and feel the rifle will sell at that price point in relation to the amount they are currently set up to manufacture. They obviously are selling well because I have yet to see one sitting on a dealers rack collecting dust. The point in all of this being, something sells at a given price, period. If you want the item bad enough, and have the money to purchase it, you'll buy it. If the item in question does not, "float your boat" so to speak, it really doesn't matter what it costs because you are not, and most likely never will be, a customer of said item. Bill T.

(Schuylkill County)

Yea, still way too salty for me. They're going to have to breach 1500 before it get's attention from me. I'll go for a G36 or SCAR first.

It would be neat to see one on the shelf though somewhere...
    III%

(Bucks County)

Tanners has ACR's in stock also I am pretty sure they where $2299. $100 cheaper then Classic. I was checking one out this afternoon. It was neat and I would like one but not for $2299. Tanners also has Scars in stock so if anybody is serious about getting one and wants to compare both of them that is the place to go. The SCAR was lighter btw.