Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: LTCF Not Accepted as ID at West Chester Bryn Mawr Trust

I use mine for ID a lot too. I guess it's a matter of how ballsy the person asking for it is as to whether or not they'll challenge or not.

I'm still not quite sure of the law, but in NY I've been asked for my ID to have it scanned when buying beer at a convenience store. Someone explained to me that all sales after 9 pm are recorded, which didn't sit well with me at all, so I pulled out my LTCF.

The little girl behind the counter said it didn't register, and I told her I didn't expect it to because there's no magnetic strip on it. She tried it again, then stared at if for a while as a crowd gathered behind me with their items. Then she asked if I had a license or something that would scan. I told her I didn't live in NY and asked why she needed to scan something. Her answer was she don't know, she was just told to scan everyone's ID that bought beer. I said alright then, you did your duty and scanned my ID, I can leave this here and go somewhere else or you can sell it to me, your choice.

She took the sale.

(Beaver County)

I watched a man in a bar not get served when he tried to present his LCTF instead of a license. They wouldn't accept it.

(Allegheny County)

To the OP: Sounds like an LTCF was not on there documented list of acceptable ID's but in the past others bent the regulations or where ignorant of them.

Businesses can choose what they want to accept as ID. If you don't like it you don't have to spend your money there.

A friend of mine used to carry her passport because she did not have a drivers licence never to much of a problem but sometimes bars would not initially accept it because it was not a licence. I don't think she ever got outright denied though.

(Chester County)

These are all legal forms of ID. They are all government issued. The problem is the person asking for the ID is sheeple. They were told to ask for a DL and since they are sheeple they only will accept this form.

As we all know sheeple cannot think for themselves and need hand holding.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Franklin County)

I have tried several times to use my LTCF as a form of I.D. and each time it is refused.

I just got a job in Franklin county government and tried to give them my LTCF as one of my "two forms of I.d." for all the hiring paperwork. They said it was not a valid form of identification, even though they issued it to me.
    "No man's life,liberty,or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -Mark Twain

(Delaware County)

DELCO version ...

Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Even if something is valid documentation, you can still run into problems with the person at the desk recognizing it as such. If it looks a little bit different than what they're used to, they won't have any idea what to do.

When I got married, my wife had to present our marriage license at the bank to get the name on her account changed. We went to a PNC branch in Monroeville (Allegheny County), presenting the official document issued to us by Westmoreland County. It apparently looked different than the document that Allegheny County issues, and the idiot at the desk refused to accept it and we had to get her manager involved.

She started pulling some crap about the title on the top of the document not using the exact same terminology as she was used to. Kind of like all of the people who get hung up about whether a state calls their permit a LTCF, CCW, or CCP. Or the people wanting to see Obama's "Birth Certificate", as apparently a Hawaii "Certificate of Live Birth" isn't the same thing :P
    Last edited by eXceLon; April 11th, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Westmoreland County)

A couple of notes.

1. The LTCF IS a valid ID and can be used as a form of ID for the purchase of firearms. As an FFL I've used someones LTCF on a few occasions when someone had no DL or other photo ID, as a verifying document. The PSP and the ATF were qute ok with this.

2. The SSN is on a military ID as that is ones service number. It's on your dog tags as well.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Whatever dude... it is what it is. I am sorry you don't believe it. The PA LCB has it on their website.
    Has nothing to do with what I believe. The fact that the LCB doesn't list LTCFs as acceptable ID doesn't mean that they aren't state licenses. The LCB is not the be all end all in determining whether ID is valid or not. Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
    So I've been going to another Bryn Mawr Trust for a while, but stopped by the West Chester branch today as I was in town. The lady there asked me for 2 forms of ID as usual. Sure, no problem. As I do every time (at other BMT's) I provided her with my Drivers License and my LTCF. She looked at the LTCF for a few seconds, and asked me what it was. I explained to her that it's a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Firearm. It's a Pennsylvania Government Issued ID. And that I've even used it to purchase alcohol several times prior, as well as a 2nd form of ID at other branches of BMT. She read a list of "valid ID's" that she had and compared it to my LTCF. It was not on the list. She would not accept it after a lengthy conversation, but said she will check with her supervisors regarding it. I told her I'll contact their corporate office as well.

Anyone had an issue here before? Just curious...
    Did you get done at the bank what you needed to? Why write a letter to corporate? She obviously wasn't sure or had seen a LTCF used as ID before. Rather than hand out money when she wasn't sure, she checked with her supervisor. I don't see much harm in that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast