Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Is it just coincidence

Ever since I can remember at least once a year I would be sent a letter for jury duty.Since I got my permit to carry, going on four years now I haven't received a letter for jury duty. Is it just a coincidence?

Default Re: Is it just coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by sengie View Post
    Ever since I can remember at least once a year I would be sent a letter for jury duty.Since I got my permit to carry, going on four years now I haven't received a letter for jury duty. Is it just a coincidence?
    if thats the case alot of people are gonna get their ltcf

(Delaware County)

I got summoned in Delaware County and actually was selected to sit on the jury. It was a civil matter.

I did carry to the court house in Media, PA that day and checked my handgun with the Sheriff's office. It was not real convenient because their lock boxes are located in a separate building but they personel were very friendly and courteous both when I checked it in and picked it up at the end of the day.

(Lebanon County)

I was summoned for Jury duty in Harrisburg for United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania about 2 years ago. I had a valid LTCF. I was never summoned before I had my LTCF.
    I think your situation is just a coincidence.

(Philadelphia County)

i've simply never been summoned. You really want to get out of jury duty? join the Fully Informed Jury Association. Then again, after educating yourself you may just want to lie to get on a jury.

(Adams County)

I have never been called. I'd like to do it. I'm sure afterwards I'll never want to do it again, but I'd like to do it. Maybe someday they'll call me.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Philadelphia County)

Last year I was summoned three times to serve Jury Duty in Delaware (the state).

Problem is, I haven't lived there in 7 years.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Cambria County)

I will have to take notice. I normally get called once a year. Go in... Tell them I am an Ex-LEO and a current Corrections Officer and they pretty much don't want me.

I will have to see if I even get called now since I started carrying again and now have my LTC
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    I will have to take notice. I normally get called once a year. Go in... Tell them I am an Ex-LEO and a current Corrections Officer and they pretty much don't want me.

I will have to see if I even get called now since I started carrying again and now have my LTC
    I was really suprised by this, One of my best friends is an officer in PA and got called in for jury duty... they didnt pick him but even after he called and said he was leo they still wanted him

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    I got summoned in Delaware County and actually was selected to sit on the jury. It was a civil matter.

I did carry to the court house in Media, PA that day and checked my handgun with the Sheriff's office. It was not real convenient because their lock boxes are located in a separate building but they personel were very friendly and courteous both when I checked it in and picked it up at the end of the day.
    I did not know you could do that, I never asked. How did you go about this, when you walked inside did you talk to the sheriff's at the metal detectors? Please fill me in on how you went about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast