Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Democrat Tony Williams for Governor

He's from Philadelphia. Here's what he has to say:

Gun Violence

There is no “silver bullet” to fix gun violence in our state – particularly our urban centers. As such, Harrisburg must identify and pursue those initiatives and policies that can effectively prevent gun violence. For example, researchers have confirmed a relationship between substance abuse and propensity toward violent behavior. Since 1995, Pennsylvania law has acknowledged this connection by prohibiting gun ownership to any person who has more than three DUI convictions within a 5-year period. Tony knows if a person cannot responsibility operate a vehicle, it is not reasonable to trust that individual with a semi-automatic firearm. As governor, he would support legislation that would prohibit any person with more than one DUI conviction from owning or possessing a firearm.

In 2005, he proposed and obtained state funding for the creation of an illegal gun task force to crack down on the illegal sale and transfer of firearms – taking the view that an illegal gun sale is a potential gun crime in the future. This initiative, which has evolved to the Philadelphia Gun Violence Task Force, has been widely credited with substantially reducing gun related crimes in Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Tony firmly believes that this program should be expanded throughout the Commonwealth, directing our law enforcement resources to identify and crack down on illegal gun transfers and possessions, thereby preventing future gun violence and still protecting the rights of lawful gun owners.
    And, on his TV commercial last night, he advocated local gun regulation.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Democrat Tony Williams for Governor

Apparently, Tony believes that it is OK for people who cannot drive responsibly to own revolvers and have one DUI without losing ownership of their firearms.

Hmmm. I wonder how many DUIs Tony has and what kind of handgun he owns.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Apparently, Tony believes that it is OK for people who cannot drive responsibly to own revolvers and have one DUI without losing ownership of their firearms.

Hmmm. I wonder how many DUIs Tony has and what kind of handgun he owns.
    He has a LOT of real estate to conceal them on.......

(Schuylkill County)

Yea saw this commercial last night or this morning. I'm guessing his whole program is more of the same.

I almost puked when I saw the commerical.

(Allegheny County)

In 2005, he proposed and obtained state funding for the creation of an illegal gun task force to crack down on the illegal sale and transfer of firearms – taking the view that an illegal gun sale is a potential gun crime in the future. This initiative, which has evolved to the Philadelphia Gun Violence Task Force, has been widely credited with substantially reducing gun related crimes in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
    This statement is NOT TRUE, not even close to being based on any FACTS.
    One of the last tasks that senator Fumo made sure happen was to create this task force and find the money to deal with this problem of criminal control

see attached PDF

There is no “silver bullet” to fix gun violence in our state – particularly our urban centers. As such, Harrisburg must identify and pursue those initiatives and policies that can effectively prevent gun violence. For example, researchers have confirmed a relationship between substance abuse and propensity toward violent behavior. Since 1995, Pennsylvania law has acknowledged this connection by prohibiting gun ownership to any person who has more than three DUI convictions within a 5-year period. Tony knows if a person cannot responsibility operate a vehicle, it is not reasonable to trust that individual with a semi-automatic firearm. As governor, he would support legislation that would prohibit any person with more than one DUI conviction from owning or possessing a firearm.
    How many accidents are caused by and How many people are KILLED in PA by Drunk drivers actions? Where is Senator William's proposal to prevent anyone with a DUI ever owning or operating a motorized vehicle ever again?.

IF Senator William's want to be fair and balanced, lets start treating vehicle like we do firearms, since all of these anti-gunners seem to like these comparisons until...... some of these are point out.. That the firearms are one of the most highly regulated items in this country at all levels.

Does Senator William's REALLY want to start down this road? pun intented

Anti-gun lobbyists who use the car analogy are pushing for additional controls,
    laws that really did treat guns like cars would be much less restrictive, on the whole, than what we have now.

Lets give everyone that commits a crime a get out a free jail car with a ARD like they do with DUI
    (well lots of DA's and judges do this with not aggressively prosecuting firearm charges or using them only for plea bargain deals anyway so.....)

machine ban and the NFA, 1968 GGA is all gone, we don't ban cars that go faster or higher powered or because of the looks of a car or what's a car is made of or where is manufactured or country of origin.

hundreds of laws governing firearms would be null and void instantly, no background check to buy a car no matter how many DUI's you have all you need to buy a car is cash in hand, no waiting period. NO restrictions based on past behavior to buy, use or own any truck-car anything with a motor.

If you just use your vehicle on private property you don't even need a license insurance or anything to use it anyway you want including driving with a case a beer in the front seat.

now do you really want to having to get license to a own firearms then having to treating licenses firearm owners that are honored in all 50 states.....no exceptions. Carry you firearm in DC and in every big city.

Once you get a driver's license, you can drive your car anywhere that is open to the public.

Thus, we will have to repeal all the laws against carrying guns within 1,000 feet of a school, or in bars, or on government property.

Faced with the prospect of really treating guns like cars, gun prohibitionists tend to change their minds. They begin arguing that there are important differences in dangerousness between guns and cars. This is true. Cars are much more dangerous and kill more people.

What’s amazing with all the big looming economics problems facing this state. Why is so many people like Senator Tony Williams and many other "D" from the big cities running for governor trying to make a winning campaign platform based on gun control?

Unless some big anti-gun foundation money is flowing into their campaign
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Monroe County)

Sounds like he is looking for ways to chip away from the Second Amendment. I suspect he is anti-gun rights even though he does not say it. If a person has more then one DWI conviction how about taking away their license... which would seem to have some relevance. Why attack their gun rights and not their freedom of speech rights... I have known many people who got themselves in a lot of trouble while "Talking Intoxicated". I have never met anyone who showed up at a shooting range drunk. Given all the restrictions on driving and how the state troopers think of motorists as ATM machines... I don't cars being associated with guns in any way. I don't think I want Tony Williams for governor.
    Last edited by tsafa; April 14th, 2010 at 01:09 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Just another typical Philadelphia Dumorat.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok I know I'm gonna get slammed but I'm trying to make a point. This moron wants to link DUI's to potential missuse of a firearm? How about this instead: Young black males are more likely to commit a crime of violence in the "urban" centers of PA (Philly & Pittsburgh). How about making it a law that they can't own a firearm until they are 40yrs old.

(Lehigh County)

NO democrats allowed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast