Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Corbett and the Pennsylvania State Police Database

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Sam was at the Common Place Coffee House in Indiana Pa. this morning.
    Would anyone care to wager who Sam will vote for if he doesn't take the primary? Dollars to donuts he is a "good Republican" and votes for his party's candidate. He still wants the party's money for his next run.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Armstrong County)

Originally Posted by YosemiteSam
    Sam was at the Common Place Coffee House in Indiana Pa. this morning.
    I was there this morning. It was broadcast on PCN.

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Would anyone care to wager who Sam will vote for if he doesn't take the primary? Dollars to donuts he is a "good Republican" and votes for his party's candidate. He still wants the party's money for his next run.
    He doesn't take "Party" money and has already refused special interest money.
    And I'll be glad to take that wager.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

Double check the record Edgar, he has held onto his seat in the state house with Party assistance.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Exactly. that one and "a vote for 3rd party is a wasted vote" and "dont vote 3rd party, they have no chance of winning"...If all the people who wanted to vote 3rd party actually did so, rather than believing that hype, 3rd parties would actually have a chance...

To the original topic:

if Corbett is top cop...why would he have to "sue" to get the LEO to follow the laws???? why can't he just start "cleaning up" as it were?
    I have horrible news for you. Human beings in the future will be human beings.

You cannot change human nature. Any first past post system with 2 perceived major parties will only ever have 2 viable candidates and those candidates will be from the two "major parties". The only way you could get anything over 10% or so to a third party is if you got the major media outlets to change their reporting. They won't. So nothing will change.

The problem is with the first past post system of voting we have. As long as we have first past post, a vote for a minor party IS a wasted vote.

You want change? You want to be able to vote for a third party? Demand a change to instant runoff voting instead of first past post. Instead of wasting your time and wasting your votes trying to single handedly change over 50,000 years of societal evolution, how about you demand a very simple change to our voting system. There are other states in the country which use instant runoff and guess what? They have viable third parties!!

(Westmoreland County)

Maybe the issue here isn't with the executive branch but the judicial. What's being referred to as a "registry" was decided not to be. I'm not going hunting for the case law but it was one of the appellate courts and they ruled that the database was a "record of sale" and not a record of registered firearms. There's more to it than that, but like I said, I'm to lazy to look it up.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    The problem is with the first past post system of voting we have. As long as we have first past post, a vote for a minor party IS a wasted vote.

You want change? You want to be able to vote for a third party? Demand a change to instant runoff voting instead of first past post. Instead of wasting your time and wasting your votes trying to single handedly change over 50,000 years of societal evolution, how about you demand a very simple change to our voting system. There are other states in the country which use instant runoff and guess what? They have viable third parties!!
    ^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!

(Delaware County)

Sam Rohrer in 2010..we don't need anymore of the same...Tom Corbett= a typical big government neo-con.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

I thought this section on PAFOA was dead, guess it depend on the subject of the header…. Maybe it’s just more fun to complain than to take direct action

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    This is off the Atorney Generals Web site.

As Pennsylvania's top law enforcement officer, Attorney General Tom Corbett works to attack drug trafficking, Internet predators, gun violence, public corruption and other criminal activity; making our state a safer place to live, work and raise a family. The Attorney General's Office protects children from Internet predators, pursues con artists who target our seniors, targets drug trafficking and gun violence in our neighborhoods and fights fraud and scams that can be financially devastating to families.
    Corbett also has the power to prosecute Boroughs, Townships, Counties and Cities for preemption violations and where has he been with that? He is also supposed to make sure that Sheriff departments follow the same licensing procedure across the state. Hey you Philly guys how’s that working for you???

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan

While you are technically correct in the fact that the attorney general for the state of Pennsylvania is the chief law enforcement officer for the state is important to understand the distinction in that this office is basically the commonwealth attorney. Further just like the courts have neutered the position of Sheriff in the state of Pennsylvania so have they neutered the powers of the attorney general to act independently. This presents problems for any attorney general including Tom Corbett when trying to enforce and follow up on violations of the law because in most cases they must either work through the district attorney's office of the county that the violations of law occurred in or request the authorization of the district attorney to operate independently.

Who does the PSP answer to?

Anyone take the time and effort to study the early history of why the PSP was created for, not the fairy tale version.

It’s NOT what most people think the answer will be or who is really in C&C of the PSP.........

Attorney General Tom Corbett doesn't automatically have jurisdiction in the counties unless the County District Attorney invites them in.

Tom Corbett is the most pro freedom and pro 2nd Attorney General we have ever had, responsible for more reciprocity agreements than all the PAST AG’S ever got combined. Unfortunately he is only the fourth (I believe) AG in PA it’s a relatively new position and hasn’t been granted all the legal powers to operate everywhere or override the county DA’s authority. Most people don't know this.

People should be writing and asking their county District Attorney’s to prosecute the violators of L&S instead, who currently have the authority to prosecute, unless they yield or ask the Attorney General office to step in

Still rather than asking for one person to ride in on the white horse to “hopefully” save everyone else from their inactions.

Where are ALL the hundreds of firearm owners at the next council meetings when this L&S stuff gets proposed to voice their objections?

Latily there has been some decent turn out, but by the numbers of gun owners in these communities its still a tiny faction of them

Where are ALL the hundreds of thousands firearm owners in Harrisburg when this anti-gun legislation “stuff” gets proposed to voice their loud objections?

PA has 250,000 NRA members alone out of a estimated 2.5 million gun owners in PA. where are they at, Hence the term silent majority.

After all these are all local elected positions and gun owners have more power to remove the offenders than the Attorney General or anyone else at next election.

Besides IF the gun owners that will be / are effected by this illegal (Lost & Stolen) ordinance or the PSP illegal database don’t really care why should someone else stick their political necks out?

Really why should they risk anything, when locals won't do anything?

as example
    Many people on PAFOA have signed up to go to the UPCOMING Rally on April 27, 2010 A VERY FEW on PAFOA have done much to help make this rally a success, with offers of help, some very substantial.. BUT many THOUSANDS on PAFOA that post here regularly have not done anything when they could do something to support the cause.

NO ONE WANTS HB 40, HB 750 OR HB 1541 that would help solve many of the problems that are regularly post on PAFOA?

Some people can't come because of poor health, don't live in PA, not have a job or a pay check right now, really tight on money due to downturn in the ecomony, some really can't get off work that day even with over 90 days advance notice WE can all understand all those reason and more valid ones besides those.

Many others aren't going to even bother to try. WHY? Even on that day of rally with the head line on top of PAFOA listing the pro gun bills we are going to pushing for EVERYONE'S benefits. How many that can't go for whatever reason have ALREADY written there letters and or emails support for the effort? or worse, HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF doing so... Have any of you that can't go but really belief in the cause offered to help out? why not? you can't even offer to help out in some capacity, Yet you can find time to post here, rather than sending a few emails to your employees "the elected Reps", NOT EVEN WILLING TO FREELY DONATE A FEW HOURS OF THERE TIME TO THE CAUSE THEY "CLAIM" TO SO STRONGLY SUPPORT, hence it goes back to being part of the problem...... still we want someone to ride the white horse to save us, when we won't do anything ourselfs

Here is the problem..............isn't it? we all want the benefits, but no one wants to do all the hard work now do they? Except a very few bother to fight for their rights UNLESS it effects them, and even then they will only go as far to get back their rights or confiscated firearm, where is the follow up lawsuit to hold them accountable, I don’t want to get involved anymore, I don’t want to cause wave fill in the blank, everyone rally around to help them out, so when it comes time for them to take the next step by setting case law that would benefit everyone to prevent further abuse they go MIA.

Until gun owners, can get other more gun owners directly involved in the Political process don't expect really anything to change. IF you are not willing to work on being part of the solution by changing the equation than aren't you part of the problem?

As another example Look political action /inaction by studying the motorcycle helmet law got enacted, at how, who-why it took 35 years later to get it repealed by a very tiny small core of dedicated activist that had to educate the Reps to get the law changed, it didn't just happen by magic it was lots of tireless work, still they support the cause they believed in with actions NOT just words spoken in the wind. Now look at how many people in PA enjoy the benefits actually fought that battle to change the law? (some irresponsible in my opinion, that freedom of choice to go 90 mph on a highway with no helmet but that is how freedom works IF you neighbor can't have it even if they are a jerk and some times acting irresponsible that if they hurt someone should be held fully accountable, no one can have freedom ) Now had they MC owners all acted when it was first proposed they could have killed the helmet law. instead it was sufferable by many so it was allowed to exist for 35 years. It works the same way with our firearm rights or any righst, IF YOU DON’T CARE ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE? That is the bottom line Freedom its free, and if you don’t make the people that attempt to take it by holding them accountable for their actions of stealing it, then expect them to take more, It’s just the way it’s worked since the beginning of time. IF you won’t defend your rights don’t expect anyone else to

At the upcoming Sun April 11, 2010 FOAC meeting Attorney General Tom Corbett is going to be at the meeting and I know the subject of L&S is going to come up. So why don't someone politely ask the question in OP

The answer is jurisdiction, and having the authority to act. Some people on PAFOA was at ACSL banquet a few years ago when I ask the question about the illegal "gun backs" programs held by groups of people violating several section of the UFA (that anyone of US would go to jail for IF we did the same thing) and listened to Attorney General detailed response as outlined here. I already knew the answer, because I have asked similar questions to Attorney General Tom Corbett before, along with his predecessor similar questions why they couldn’t directly act in stuff in OP.

SO IF you want the bottom line, inside scoop consider coming to this meeting and other FOAC meetings, BTW Tom Corbett usually comes once a year anyway to FOAC meeting, besides just the run for governor race, just now he has less time for a briefing of what is going on.

More info here on FOAC website along with directions to meeting / time.
    http://www.foac-pac.org/

Its time to quit being the silent majority and start be the vocal one and getting involved or VERY quickly the um pleasant choice will be made for US. Funny how we all can find time to go to a group, take a day fishing or hunting or something fun to do rather than going to meeting and being involved. Not nothing wrong with have fun as a escape most people now live for just having fun and Freedom, our Rights and Future are all now in jeopardy because of apathy from All of US not paying attention.

Btw on the back of my vehicle it has Sam Rohrer for governor bumper sticker, I DON'T PLAY the "R" & "D" games like most people do, that blind loyality to a party is going to save US is part of the same problem. I may like Tom Corbett nice guy and all, I have voted for him for AG helped get him elected through FOAC. Still I love what Sam Rohrer has done for PA for over many years that I had the pleasure of knowing Sam after first working with Sam to stop the drive for a Federal Constitutional Convention back in the mid 1990’s. In my opinion for whatever its worth, Sam is the right man for the unpleasant task ahead, with the most difficult duty of changing course in the direction that PA is heading before we hit the looming ice berg that is fast approaching. Still, before, during and after the election people will still play silly game and listen the pretty music as the ship sink beneath the economic waves.

PEOPLE BETTER GET INVOLVED while they can before it’s too late..... Start really supporting the best people not the ones that are probably going to win an election.

Does anyone remember the last time PA we had "R" as a governor (Republican In Name Only), and "R" leadership in both house in PA that ALL gave US the GREAT EXPANSION in the UFA in the mid 1990's, that the Brady bunch said at that time how PA was leading the nation in gun control? If it wasn't for all the solid Pro gun democrats in PA mostly from western PA that work with FOAC to stop gun control since then, we have a lot more gun controls laws in PA right now. East vs West breaks the "D" on the part line over firearms rights because of FOAC help getting many pro gun people in both parties elected to office in Western PA. With more of your help maybe the rest of the state, "hint - hint" maybe start a local FOAC chapter yourself.

Sorry IF this post busts many of your myths, like most of you I didn't know any of this "stuff" better than most of you Till I started freely volunteering my time to fight control and got an education on how it really works behind the scenes cause its all about control of US in various forms. You would be really suprised at all the BS and Petty stuff that is fought over politics to gain control of the direction of the local, state, & Fed governments along with all the graft, corruption and self destructive behavior that is engaged by many. We have all witness at the local level, at work, gun clubds or even in your own family but you haven’t seen anything till it gets to politics in elected office when winning is everything at any cost all for control by the puppet master behind the scenes.

I have got an education from one of the most tireless and dedicated volunteers in protecting your firearm rights, Kim Stolfer...... IF anyone has done more as a UN PAID volunteer than Kim over the almost 20 year that I have know him. please let me know who this person is so that I can learn how to be more effective at protecting our rights from them as well.

Someone that is without sin of not doing more when they could have done more to protect all of our rights throw the first stone...... WE all have be guilty in the past of not doing more, the choice is now what are you going to do today and then follow through tomorrow to change the course of the debate and start working to become part of the solution. A few can't save all of US, but all of US doing our little part with as little as 8 hours of year giving our time only in any way we want can do a lot to save all of US.

Making money, raising and taking care of your family is all important to living your life, but what’s the end game objective if you let them live in Tyranny with no future of freedom because you trade all of the things of today by your silent consent for the illusion of security – comfort for a day just to live in a bankrupt police state?

The people who stood on the green at Lexington and all the battles afterward fought for something they couldn’t hold in their hand, couldn't measure with a phyiscal scale of weights – they fought FOR FREEDOM, they traded their lives and shed their blood not things of this world. they did this for the concept of live free or die trying with the legacy they left all of US. Because when will all pass from this earth, sooner or later you can’t take physically things with you that so many short slighted people covet today. Still you can leave freedom for your children and grand children to enjoy, it’s that worth fight for today so they can have a tomorrow to live free?.

How about get involved to give the greatness thing that you can give freedom that you enjoyed all of your life to the next generation to enjoy.

The fight for freedom is eternal vigilance to preserve opportunities that it nutures and passing it on to the next generation. Hence the HBG rally & interactive lobbying events trying and offering to teach all of you how to fight for the future without relying on waiting for someone to ride in on the white horse to save you, we all need to start being a nation of leaders instead of nation of one leader with a bunch of mindless followers that we pin of future on hope and change with just them.

IF you bothered to read all of this with my poor writing skills, and prepositional challenge bad grammar and all in this rant, this thought should make you shudder. You are relying on someone like me to draft up concepts for lots of the position papers we use in Harrisburg because you with much greater skills and ability did offer to help out instead, scary is it not? scary me too. Still the offers help are always few and far between till it like two - three week out then it’s too late as plans are already put into motion. Where are the offers months in advance when they first knew of the need, yet at the last moments, we are supposed to bend over backwards to accommodate the late offers? Just in a general bad mood from lack of sleep for the last several months doing the extra "free" work on rally that no one could pay to work so hard on, because like you i don't have much extra time to give except lack of sleep to fill the gap still i willing give more IF its required because I support the cause of freedom and the promise it offers - rant off
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Schuylkill County)

Is this the history you mean? It does explain some of the system we have.

http://www.psp-hemc.org/history/psp.html
    ...By 1900 [the state] found itself torn by bitter disputes between managers and the laborers they employed. Violence became common in the new communities that sprang up around the coal fields, iron mills, textile factories and railroad yards. By the turn of the century it was evident that the town constables, sheriffs and similar local officials, who had been adequate to keep the peace in more stable times were unable to cope with the new populations and the violent labor troubles of the times...

BTW I can't find a voter guide for the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    I thought this section on PAFOA was dead, guess it depend on the subject of the header…. Maybe it’s just more fun to complain than to take direct action

While you are technically correct in the fact that the attorney general for the state of Pennsylvania is the chief law enforcement officer for the state is important to understand the distinction in that this office is basically the commonwealth attorney. Further just like the courts have neutered the position of Sheriff in the state of Pennsylvania so have they neutered the powers of the attorney general to act independently. This presents problems for any attorney general including Tom Corbett when trying to enforce and follow up on violations of the law because in most cases they must either work through the district attorney's office of the county that the violations of law occurred in or request the authorization of the district attorney to operate independently.

Who does the PSP answer to?

Anyone take the time and effort to study the early history of why the PSP was created for, not the fairy tale version.

It’s NOT what most people think the answer will be or who is really in C&C of the PSP.........

Attorney General Tom Corbett doesn't automatically have jurisdiction in the counties unless the County District Attorney invites them in.

Tom Corbett is the most pro freedom and pro 2nd Attorney General we have ever had, responsible for more reciprocity agreements than all the PAST AG’S ever got combined. Unfortunately he is only the fourth (I believe) AG in PA it’s a relatively new position and hasn’t been granted all the legal powers to operate everywhere or override the county DA’s authority. Most people don't know this.

People should be writing and asking their county District Attorney’s to prosecute the violators of L&S instead, who currently have the authority to prosecute, unless they yield or ask the Attorney General office to step in

Still rather than asking for one person to ride in on the white horse to “hopefully” save everyone else from their inactions.

Where are ALL the hundreds of firearm owners at the next council meetings when this L&S stuff gets proposed to voice their objections?

Latily there has been some decent turn out, but by the numbers of gun owners in these communities its still a tiny faction of them

Where are ALL the hundreds of thousands firearm owners in Harrisburg when this anti-gun legislation “stuff” gets proposed to voice their loud objections?

PA has 250,000 NRA members alone out of a estimated 2.5 million gun owners in PA. where are they at, Hence the term silent majority.

After all these are all local elected positions and gun owners have more power to remove the offenders than the Attorney General or anyone else at next election.

Besides IF the gun owners that will be / are effected by this illegal (Lost & Stolen) ordinance or the PSP illegal database don’t really care why should someone else stick their political necks out?

Really why should they risk anything, when locals won't do anything?

as example
    Many people on PAFOA have signed up to go to the UPCOMING Rally on April 27, 2010 A VERY FEW on PAFOA have done much to help make this rally a success, with offers of help, some very substantial.. BUT many THOUSANDS on PAFOA that post here regularly have not done anything when they could do something to support the cause.

NO ONE WANTS HB 40, HB 750 OR HB 1541 that would help solve many of the problems that are regularly post on PAFOA?

Some people can't come because of poor health, don't live in PA, not have a job or a pay check right now, really tight on money due to downturn in the ecomony, some really can't get off work that day even with over 90 days advance notice WE can all understand all those reason and more valid ones besides those.

Many others aren't going to even bother to try. WHY? Even on that day of rally with the head line on top of PAFOA listing the pro gun bills we are going to pushing for EVERYONE'S benefits. How many that can't go for whatever reason have ALREADY written there letters and or emails support for the effort? or worse, HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF doing so... Have any of you that can't go but really belief in the cause offered to help out? why not? you can't even offer to help out in some capacity, Yet you can find time to post here, rather than sending a few emails to your employees "the elected Reps", NOT EVEN WILLING TO FREELY DONATE A FEW HOURS OF THERE TIME TO THE CAUSE THEY "CLAIM" TO SO STRONGLY SUPPORT, hence it goes back to being part of the problem...... still we want someone to ride the white horse to save us, when we won't do anything ourselfs

Here is the problem..............isn't it? we all want the benefits, but no one wants to do all the hard work now do they? Except a very few bother to fight for their rights UNLESS it effects them, and even then they will only go as far to get back their rights or confiscated firearm, where is the follow up lawsuit to hold them accountable, I don’t want to get involved anymore, I don’t want to cause wave fill in the blank, everyone rally around to help them out, so when it comes time for them to take the next step by setting case law that would benefit everyone to prevent further abuse they go MIA.

Until gun owners, can get other more gun owners directly involved in the Political process don't expect really anything to change. IF you are not willing to work on being part of the solution by changing the equation than aren't you part of the problem?

As another example Look political action /inaction by studying the motorcycle helmet law got enacted, at how, who-why it took 35 years later to get it repealed by a very tiny small core of dedicated activist that had to educate the Reps to get the law changed, it didn't just happen by magic it was lots of tireless work, still they support the cause they believed in with actions NOT just words spoken in the wind. Now look at how many people in PA enjoy the benefits actually fought that battle to change the law? (some irresponsible in my opinion, that freedom of choice to go 90 mph on a highway with no helmet but that is how freedom works IF you neighbor can't have it even if they are a jerk and some times acting irresponsible that if they hurt someone should be held fully accountable, no one can have freedom ) Now had they MC owners all acted when it was first proposed they could have killed the helmet law. instead it was sufferable by many so it was allowed to exist for 35 years. It works the same way with our firearm rights or any righst, IF YOU DON’T CARE ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE? That is the bottom line Freedom its free, and if you don’t make the people that attempt to take it by holding them accountable for their actions of stealing it, then expect them to take more, It’s just the way it’s worked since the beginning of time. IF you won’t defend your rights don’t expect anyone else to

At the upcoming Sun April 11, 2010 FOAC meeting Attorney General Tom Corbett is going to be at the meeting and I know the subject of L&S is going to come up. So why don't someone politely ask the question in OP

The answer is jurisdiction, and having the authority to act. Some people on PAFOA was at ACSL banquet a few years ago when I ask the question about the illegal "gun backs" programs held by groups of people violating several section of the UFA (that anyone of US would go to jail for IF we did the same thing) and listened to Attorney General detailed response as outlined here. I already knew the answer, because I have asked similar questions to Attorney General Tom Corbett before, along with his predecessor similar questions why they couldn’t directly act in stuff in OP.

SO IF you want the bottom line, inside scoop consider coming to this meeting and other FOAC meetings, BTW Tom Corbett usually comes once a year anyway to FOAC meeting, besides just the run for governor race, just now he has less time for a briefing of what is going on.

More info here on FOAC website along with directions to meeting / time.
    http://www.foac-pac.org/

Its time to quit being the silent majority and start be the vocal one and getting involved or VERY quickly the um pleasant choice will be made for US. Funny how we all can find time to go to a group, take a day fishing or hunting or something fun to do rather than going to meeting and being involved. Not nothing wrong with have fun as a escape most people now live for just having fun and Freedom, our Rights and Future are all now in jeopardy because of apathy from All of US not paying attention.

Btw on the back of my vehicle it has Sam Rohrer for governor bumper sticker, I DON'T PLAY the "R" & "D" games like most people do, that blind loyality to a party is going to save US is part of the same problem. I may like Tom Corbett nice guy and all, I have voted for him for AG helped get him elected through FOAC. Still I love what Sam Rohrer has done for PA for over many years that I had the pleasure of knowing Sam after first working with Sam to stop the drive for a Federal Constitutional Convention back in the mid 1990’s. In my opinion for whatever its worth, Sam is the right man for the unpleasant task ahead, with the most difficult duty of changing course in the direction that PA is heading before we hit the looming ice berg that is fast approaching. Still, before, during and after the election people will still play silly game and listen the pretty music as the ship sink beneath the economic waves.

PEOPLE BETTER GET INVOLVED while they can before it’s too late..... Start really supporting the best people not the ones that are probably going to win an election.

Does anyone remember the last time PA we had "R" as a governor (Republican In Name Only), and "R" leadership in both house in PA that ALL gave US the GREAT EXPANSION in the UFA in the mid 1990's, that the Brady bunch said at that time how PA was leading the nation in gun control? If it wasn't for all the solid Pro gun democrats in PA mostly from western PA that work with FOAC to stop gun control since then, we have a lot more gun controls laws in PA right now. East vs West breaks the "D" on the part line over firearms rights because of FOAC help getting many pro gun people in both parties elected to office in Western PA. With more of your help maybe the rest of the state, "hint - hint" maybe start a local FOAC chapter yourself.

Sorry IF this post busts many of your myths, like most of you I didn't know any of this "stuff" better than most of you Till I started freely volunteering my time to fight control and got an education on how it really works behind the scenes cause its all about control of US in various forms. You would be really suprised at all the BS and Petty stuff that is fought over politics to gain control of the direction of the local, state, & Fed governments along with all the graft, corruption and self destructive behavior that is engaged by many. We have all witness at the local level, at work, gun clubds or even in your own family but you haven’t seen anything till it gets to politics in elected office when winning is everything at any cost all for control by the puppet master behind the scenes.

I have got an education from one of the most tireless and dedicated volunteers in protecting your firearm rights, Kim Stolfer...... IF anyone has done more as a UN PAID volunteer than Kim over the almost 20 year that I have know him. please let me know who this person is so that I can learn how to be more effective at protecting our rights from them as well.

Someone that is without sin of not doing more when they could have done more to protect all of our rights throw the first stone...... WE all have be guilty in the past of not doing more, the choice is now what are you going to do today and then follow through tomorrow to change the course of the debate and start working to become part of the solution. A few can't save all of US, but all of US doing our little part with as little as 8 hours of year giving our time only in any way we want can do a lot to save all of US.

Making money, raising and taking care of your family is all important to living your life, but what’s the end game objective if you let them live in Tyranny with no future of freedom because you trade all of the things of today by your silent consent for the illusion of security – comfort for a day just to live in a bankrupt police state?

The people who stood on the green at Lexington and all the battles afterward fought for something they couldn’t hold in their hand, couldn't measure with a phyiscal scale of weights – they fought FOR FREEDOM, they traded their lives and shed their blood not things of this world. they did this for the concept of live free or die trying with the legacy they left all of US. Because when will all pass from this earth, sooner or later you can’t take physically things with you that so many short slighted people covet today. Still you can leave freedom for your children and grand children to enjoy, it’s that worth fight for today so they can have a tomorrow to live free?.

How about get involved to give the greatness thing that you can give freedom that you enjoyed all of your life to the next generation to enjoy.

The fight for freedom is eternal vigilance to preserve opportunities that it nutures and passing it on to the next generation. Hence the HBG rally & interactive lobbying events trying and offering to teach all of you how to fight for the future without relying on waiting for someone to ride in on the white horse to save you, we all need to start being a nation of leaders instead of nation of one leader with a bunch of mindless followers that we pin of future on hope and change with just them.

IF you bothered to read all of this with my poor writing skills, and prepositional challenge bad grammar and all in this rant, this thought should make you shudder. You are relying on someone like me to draft up concepts for lots of the position papers we use in Harrisburg because you with much greater skills and ability did offer to help out instead, scary is it not? scary me too. Still the offers help are always few and far between till it like two - three week out then it’s too late as plans are already put into motion. Where are the offers months in advance when they first knew of the need, yet at the last moments, we are supposed to bend over backwards to accommodate the late offers? Just in a general bad mood from lack of sleep for the last several months doing the extra "free" work on rally that no one could pay to work so hard on, because like you i don't have much extra time to give except lack of sleep to fill the gap still i willing give more IF its required because I support the cause of freedom and the promise it offers - rant off

(Dauphin County)

What happened in the space-time continuum when Bernie Sanders was elected? He (and apparently Jim Jeffords before him) are Independent Senators. If what you naysayers was true, this outcome would have been IMPOSSIBLE due to 'human nature'.

The truth is that there are third party candidates who have been elected at all stages of government, and as you move from a wider area to a smaller area, the number of such elected officials increases. While many of those who peddle the obnoxious idea that voting for one's conscience is a waste, those same people are the ones who want some magical top-down change. These people say, that while the hopefuls who want some high level official, from a third party, to trickle down change, they are stupid. Then the same people seem to put forth the equally ridiculous notion that if some better system were put in place (something not 'first past post') that we could get third parties in. WHO IS GOING TO SUPPORT THAT SYSTEM BEING PUT IN PLACE KNOWING IT WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF TWO-PARTY REIN? It seems that these people are no more aware of their surroundings than the people they chastise, because both these groups are likely doomed to equal failure.

The obvious solution, which won't happen overnight and therefore doesn't appeal to those who desire instant gratification (which they may deserve but shall not receive), is to continually show that votes will not be given freely to anyone to provide a base of power, to saturate local politics with third parties for a TRICKLE-UP effect, and to revolt when necessary.

Or I guess we could just give in to the naysayers, continuing to vote for the lesser of two evils as the evils get more evil. Ah, the joys of being a subject.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast