Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: Corbett and the Pennsylvania State Police Database

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    If you vote 3rd party, Onorato will win.

It's unfair, it doesn't feel right for it to be so, but that's the truth. That's the reality of a first past post system.
    My time for voting for the best of a couple of bad candidates are past. I’ll be writing in Sam Rohrer general election if he doesn’t get through the primaries. I will no longer compromise my values.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    My time for voting for the best of a couple of bad candidates are past. I’ll be writing in Sam Rohrer general election if he doesn’t get through the primaries. I will no longer compromise my values.

Ed Stephan
    Then do so, knowing that you are voting Onorato into office.

(Franklin County)

Corbett has power currently to potentially influence this but it requires money and time to do so.
    Yeah, but it's not his money we're talking about here, and as far as the time, it's part of his freakin' job. Even a failed attempt or some type of proactive move NOW (or years ago) would go along way towards the credibility to trust that he will follow up with more definitive action when he has the power to do so.

If elected Governor, he can accomplish it by simply saying so. Costs much less, takes less time, fewer resources, etc. Much smarter way to go.
    And a very easy cop-out for not doing anything except offering lip service to date.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Ed Stephan
    You can not force a group to change in a manner consistent with your values if you leave the group to show them that you are mad. Simple fact. The last time that happened we got Obama.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    You can not force a group to change in a manner consistent with your values if you leave the group to show them that you are mad. Simple fact. The last time that happened we got Obama.
    I'm guessing Ed doesn't want "the group to change". He wants a different group. I'm in the same boat. This whole "voting for the underdog who has a platform that we actually agree with is a vote for the other party" is only true because of the cowards who refuse to do so, not because of those who actually vote their beliefs instead of voting "against" someone.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm guessing Ed doesn't want "the group to change". He wants a different group. I'm in the same boat. This whole "voting for the underdog who has a platform that we actually agree with is a vote for the other party" is only true because of the cowards who refuse to do so, not because of those who actually vote their beliefs instead of voting "against" someone.
    I disagree wholeheartedly. A minority will always remain a minority especially when their key platform point is something that few agree with. The only way for a third party to get serious consideration from the vast majority of voters would be for them to start at the local level and work their way up. Until the vast majority of publicly educated people start to realize that the third party candidates not only hold viable ideals they will never hold office at the upper levels of state or national government. That is how the system has worked from day one in this country.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Armstrong County)

Everyone compromising their principals got us to where we are today and I refuse to compromise my principals any longer.

Thank You gnbrotz, Exactly

Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Exactly. that one and "a vote for 3rd party is a wasted vote" and "dont vote 3rd party, they have no chance of winning"...If all the people who wanted to vote 3rd party actually did so, rather than believing that hype, 3rd parties would actually have a chance...

To the original topic:

if Corbett is top cop...why would he have to "sue" to get the LEO to follow the laws???? why can't he just start "cleaning up" as it were?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post

if Corbett is top cop...why would he have to "sue" to get the LEO to follow the laws???? why can't he just start "cleaning up" as it were?
    i don't think PSP is directly under the control of the state attorney general.

the top cop is the PSP commissioner...and i'm pretty sure he answers directly to the governor.
    F*S=k

(Indiana County)

Ed Stephan
    Sam was at the Common Place Coffee House in Indiana Pa. this morning.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast