Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Neversink Gun Club

Bambi,
    Daniel Boone Rod &Gun and Elverson are much better and safer clubs with nicer ranges.
    Rob

(Lancaster County)

I am a meber of neversink but rarely go. I have a good friend who has taken me to Mohton Gun and Rod club. There range is very nice, covered benches at both there rifle and pistol ranges. Rifle range has 25,50, and 100 yd stops, and the pistol range is of course 25 yds. There club house is small but nice and evryone seems friendly. Look them up, i dont have any other info but ill post it when i find out

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcutie22 View Post
    I am a member. I love this place. It is both a social and gun club. They have shoots most sat and sun mornings. When the club is open you go in and sign the range book and when it is closed they leave the range book outside. They are open everyday except tuesday. There is also a 3D archery range. The range is often not crowded and no one bothers you if you don't want that. Membership is $20 and yearly dues is $15. How can you beat that! I would suggest just calling and asking for events or emailing them here: nversink@ptd.net. They haven't updated their site in awhile, but most things haven't changed.
    u r easily amused

(Berks County)

A lot of the members also belong to RMC so it has a biker feel. Mostly good people, but it is way smokey.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

(Chester County)

I am going to bringthis back from the grave yet again. My father lives very close to this club so he went down and joined and asked me to join as well so we could just run down and shoot if we wanted a couple times a year. Well, we went down to teh club house this past Sunday and I have to say I was very unimpressed with the people hanging out in the club house.

To apply to become a member I needed two sponsors, that was never communicated before I drove up. So, I asked for an application figuring i would beg on some websites to see if anybody was a member that would sponsor me. Well, club applications can not leave the club. So, I asked if anybody in the clubhouse would be willing to sponsor me and not one person offered.

So, I called up the club president and he gave two names to the girl at the bar and said they would sign. Very frustrating! But I did pay my $20 application fee and I hope to make next months meeting but with four kids making a meeting at 7PM when it is an hour drive on a school night is going to be a major PITA! Still, $15/yr is cheap even if I only use the facilities 3-4 times a year.

I hope I didn't make a mistake, I need to join another club as we moved out to the Valley Forge area about 8-years ago and I just never found a new home. I used to shoot competitively DCM/CMP and Archery but it's been a few years now. I have lots of toys in the toy room that I would love to take shooting more then I get to now so I need to find something.

Anyways, that is my update to this neversink club thread, it does seem like a clickish club as an outsider trying to join.

(Berks County)

i am for now a member but i dont think i will be renewing, the only reason i am is because it is close and i can test out my hand loads and be back in less then a half hour.
    i would not recommend that club it is a social club first that just happens to have a range
    i have walked in to club house after shooting and the very bottom of my gun was showing and there is an old bar fly in there and he proceeds to try to chastise me for carrying a gun that it is not needed and whole bunch of other bs ignored him and signed out.
    twice now i have been practicing pistol at seven yards and and had some jackass set up a rifle behind me POINTING DOWN RANGE at me and both times the guys did not understand why i was pissed.
    they are big on the flying board shoot but i would not recomend going to it for the simple reason they supposedly have a rule no drinking for shooters but if you go in and look in the back part there will be some of the shooters hiding out drinking, i have seen it 3x now and refuse to go back an risk my life because somebody that is to stupid to control there drinking till after shooting, i have also brought this to other members attention and it has been ignored.
    the range officer there is a real good guy he cares but i think he is up against wall because the officers there are all in a clique and what they say goes

if you are looking for a recommendation i wont give you one it is a HORRIBLE club to belong to and i regret joining and will not re join.

the whole situation there is a ticking time bomb waiting for something bad to happen.

(Berks County)

if you are looking for a club to join there is birdsboro gun club which is a real nice club but it is always wet there
    there is oley rod an gun which is a real nice and a very active club its a little rustic but i like it there and there is also daniel boone which is also a nice club.
    i would stay away from neversink.........

(Chester County)

Thanks! I sent an e-mail to Elverson Rod and Gun and I think I will look at their club instead. Distance wise Elverson is likely a little closer and their reviews seem to be far more positive.

I may just call up Neversink and tell them to keep my $20 application fee and drop my name from consideraton after seeing consistent negative reviews of this club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123