Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Help me scope up my Marlin 60 for cheap...

As the title suggests, I have a Marlin model 60 as well as 2 other semi auto Marlins that I'm thinking of scoping up. They have that groove along the top for the mounting rings. However I have no idea what to look for when buying rings for it. I do know some scope terminology but giving a reason why you'd suggest something would certainly help as I am very new to scopes.

My preference is for scope rings that allow me to keep the sights but that isn't a deal breaker.

I'd also like to get a fixed magnification scope. Preferably something with a mil dot reading, but I am not looking to break the bank so whatever works may have to work for now. I'm thinking 4x? Any brand suggestions?

The gun is primarily going to be used as an indoor range training gun (for me personally - not other people) rather than taking 100 yard shots.

Please keep recommendations affordable and easy to obtain. If it can be found at Wal-Mart, even better.

If you need any more information about what I am seeking, let me know and I will try and help fill in the blanks as best as possible.

Thanks!
    -Zach

Default Re: Help me scope up my Marlin 60 for cheap...

I just got a catalog from Sportsman's Guide in the mail. They have a Pentax 4-12X40 for $69. It's not a fixed power, but it might work for you.
    http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=502864
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Help me scope up my Marlin 60 for cheap...

Cabela's has a Pine Ridge 4x in their rimfire line for $50. You may need to type "pine ridge rimfire" in the search box to find it. I've got a Pine Ridge 3-9 that seems to be working OK.

They should have rings too but I can't find them.

Or check SWFA.com for Bushnell rimfires. They have a silver 3-9 that includes rings for $40

Dale
    Last edited by dk99358; April 8th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.