Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Show...

Default Gun Show...

Hello Everyone! My name is Keith and I have a question that after hours of looking on the internet I'm still not 100% sure of the answer. I am from NJ and would like to attend some of the up and coming "Gun Shows" in PA. Can someone tell me what the requirements are for me to make purchases of both long guns and pistols. Thank you in advance! Keith

Default Re: Gun Show...

Quote Originally Posted by Straycat... View Post
    Hello Everyone! My name is Keith and I have a question that after hours of looking on the internet I'm still not 100% sure of the answer. I am from NJ and would like to attend some of the up and coming "Gun Shows" in PA. Can someone tell me what the requirements are for me to make purchases of both long guns and pistols. Thank you in advance! Keith
    Some 'long guns' you can buy at the show and take straight back to Jersey, handguns (and some rifles) MUST be shipped from the FFL in Pa to an FFL in NJ (where of course you will need a buyers card - or whatever they call that dumb thing)

There are also many rifles that can NOT be sold to a NJ resident such as high cap ARs. Only "jersey" legal rifles can be sold to a NJ resident

The FFL you deal with at the show will know all thew rules, just make sure to tell them you are a Jersey resident before you waste their time trying to sell you a gun you can't own.

(Northampton County)

For long guns you will need a NJ FID card and you will need to find a dealer that does NJ sales. Many in Eastern PA do.

You can also buy a longarm off a non-dealer. But he will have to bring the gun to a NJ dealer to transfer to you on your NJ FID since it is over state lines.

(Bucks County)

But he will have to bring the gun to a NJ dealer to transfer to you on your NJ FID since it is over state lines.
    Does he bring it, or will he have to have it shipped from FFL directly to FFL?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Does he bring it, or will he have to have it shipped from FFL directly to FFL?
    He can ship it TO FFL. I'm not sure why it would have to be shipped from FFL unless that is some NJ thing. He could also bring it, provided NJ law does not prohibit this transport. Which I do not know.