Well, for quite some time I have been agitated that most guns I get (or others that I shoot), have bad sights. I'm awful with a shotgun, not great with a rifle, and average with a pistol.

Now, normally I find I am always off by the same amount. Never once did I put 2 and 2 together, and think that maybe it wasn't the sights, but me.

So tonight, talking to a friend I mentioned that my taurus sights are a little off. He has shot it before, and didn't agree with me. We also talked about how with a scope, I am dead on. I of course rationalized that with a scope, you would almost have to be dead on (assuming it is sighted in right.)

He paused for a few minutes, and then asked which eye was my dominant eye. I of course, had no idea what he was talking about. He then explained to me, that being right handed, if my left eye was dominant, I would be cross dominant. I told him he was crazy, but decided to google anyways.

Wouldn't you know it, he had a pretty good idea of what he was talking about. So I do the little "tests" to see what eye has dominance, and loe and behold. It is my left eye.

Now, googling it, I have found that it is a fairly common situation. One that many people, from the pros all the way down encounter. And I also found some tips and tricks.

Some of them where to just start shooting long guns left handed. Others said to put a small piece of tape over the lense of the shooting glasses, and that over time it actually changes. Others still suggested buying essentially pirate eye patches (that they of course sold for a fee).

Now, my questions are mainly:
1. Any other cross dominant shooters here?
2. Any tips or suggestions on what I might do with shooting long guns?
3. How much accuracy does one lose with this, if they aren't doing it the proper way?

And yes, I know may people are going to be thinking "How long has he been shooting, and not able to hit anything?". Well, when you think the sights are off, you either fix them, or compensate. Right? I've been compensating for quite some time. Knowing what i do now, I am going to try and shoot with my left eye a few times with my pistols, and see if I notice a big difference.