Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Friend robbed at gunpoint, east stroudsburg walmart

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    I call this Bs, this is all made up , someone's fantasy, it didnt happen. As in a lie.
    Hey Mrnyman. Does NY stand for New York? If it does, and you don't realize that police don't file and investigate every crime, I guess that means you lived by the canadian border, eh? Who's the one living in the fantasy world?

I've seen people beaten half to death and the police come, "break it up", and then drive off, while people are in need of medical attention. This is common practice in NYC. An armed robbery, where the victim was unharmed, lost nothing of value, and had no view of the robbers/camera had no view/ no witnesses, well, I could see where a cop might say, "there is nothing we can do, you don't have to file a report".
    Last edited by jcabin; April 8th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

The benefit of filing a police report is that if her wallet, CC and ID shows up in somebody`s possession or is used there is an open incident to tie that to.

If in fact it really happened then she (and perhaps you but I don`t know what the relationship is between you) should be showing up on every news channel, newspaper opinion page and have already filed with the district attorney and the state attorney generals office.

She should be at Wally World filing a complaint with management at every level.

If it didn`t happen and she is covering the fact that her wallet was lost in a place she shouldn`t have been then she risks prosecution. her actions now will reveal the truth.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger101 View Post
    If in fact it really happened then she (and perhaps you but I don`t know what the relationship is between you) should be showing up on every news channel, newspaper opinion page and have already filed with the district attorney and the state attorney generals office.

She should be at Wally World filing a complaint with management at every level.
    Alot of people seem to be getting what they would do confused with what other people SHOULD do. What is common sense to alot of us here, as gun owners, 2a, and self defense enthusiasts would never cross the mind of the average citizen. Clearly, some kind of report was taken by the police. However, she never went to the police department to file an "official" report, because the police told her it would do no good given the circumstances, and seemingly talked her out of it.

If it didn`t happen and she is covering the fact that her wallet was lost in a place she shouldn`t have been then she risks prosecution. her actions now will reveal the truth.
    That makes about as much sense as saying "if you don't show ID to the police you're hiding something, you must be a criminal". BTW, it happened in the walmart parking lot, incase you didn't read. Care to explain how she would face prosecution for being the victim of a robbery?
    Last edited by jcabin; April 8th, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    That makes about as much sense as saying "if you don't show ID to the police you're hiding something, you must be a criminal". BTW, it happened in the walmart parking lot, incase you didn't read. Care to explain how she would face prosecution for being the victim of a robbery?
    If she would insist on a report and it is determined it didn`t happen then she could be charged.
    IMHO if this happened why would she not insist on action by police? Her wallet and ID and perhaps CC are in the hands of an armed suspect not to mention he knows her car and what she looks like.

So her doing nothing allows this guy to go on his merry way, no police or store report doesn`t put Wally World of the PD on notice and nothing in the media results in the public not being forewarned.

(Monroe County)

If she would insist on a report and it is determined it didn`t happen then she could be charged.
    IMHO if this happened why would she not insist on action by police? Her wallet and ID and perhaps CC are in the hands of an armed suspect not to mention he knows her car and what she looks like.

So her doing nothing allows this guy to go on his merry way, no police or store report doesn`t put Wally World of the PD on notice and nothing in the media results in the public not being forewarned.
    Did you read the OP, or just parts of it? She went INSIDE the store, she talked to the manager, she talked to the police. She didnt have her ID, or have any cash/CC's in the wallet.

The police found the wallet on the train tracks behind walmart, a notorious hang out for all the junkies and homeless in the area. They were interested in quick cash, that's about it.

As far as not filing a report at the department, so you couldn't be charged if the story was determined to be BS. Well I call BS on you. I'm a credible member of the PAFOA, and wouldn't be posting something like this if I didn't feel it was true. That being said, with your 3 posts, you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, discredit it completely, or believe it. I don't care either way. I am not however going to debate you about the credibility of my story. Just because you don't agree with the actions of the victim, saying she SHOULD have done this or done that, doesn't make it any less true, or prove some kind of guilt in the victim. People make bad decisions all the time(see, small white female, alone at night, in east stroudsburg walmart parking lot, with no situational awareness whatsoever), and that is how they end up as victims. Believe it or not.

ETA: The police don't tell the media jack shit. 95% of the crimes that happen never make it to the 6 oclock news or into the local paper.
    Last edited by jcabin; April 8th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    She should file a complaint.
    A fucking crime was committed.
    You would think that's how it works until such a crime gets committed against you and the officers who show up don't give a rats ass.

Has happened to me multiple times. Its why I own a firearm.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Lawrence County)

People don't know what they don't know. The criminals didn't get away with anything but a wallet with some library cards and such. She left her ID at home and her credit card in her wallet... And even if they know her car and what she looks like, she gave them NOTHING, and they know she doesn't carry cash first hand because they robbed her before...

If she makes a report, how would they determine that it didn't happen? Wouldn't they have to catch the criminals first if she was out of view of the cameras? And then, they would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the robbers absolutely couldn't have been at that place at that time, which is nearly impossible as it is common knowledge, criminals lie...

I'm sorry your friend had to go through that buddy... Now that she experienced it, have the situational awareness talk with her, it goes a long way in staying out of bad situations... You cannot outdraw someone that already has their gun out, not even if you're Chuck Norris... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Monroe County)

The real reason to file a report is so the local law enforcment can keep track of the areas that need to be patrolled more often. But that would be actual work... including the filing of an incident report.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    You would think that's how it works until such a crime gets committed against you and the officers who show up don't give a rats ass.

Has happened to me multiple times. Its why I own a firearm.
    Happened to us with the PSP when someone went into my wifes truck, value of items wasn't enough for the cops to care, we got "added" to a report... never heard anything about it, neighbor who had more items stolen was given restitution... etc

Its the way it is out here.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Glad to hear your friend is all right and it definitely sounds like she could use some discussions on situational awareness.

Regarding police not taking reports, it happens. I was a bar bouncer for many years on Long Island, Queens and upstate NY (Newburgh). Police often reponded to calls at the bar and would calm people down, radio in that they had investigated, and then leave. Often people asking for reports for insurance (stolen purses, damaged vehicles, etc) were told that the situation did not warrant a report and then the cops would leave.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast