Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Friend robbed at gunpoint, east stroudsburg walmart

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I wonder if the media would be interested in hearing about the police not caring to take reports for armed robbery?

That would be interesting. I live near WM and just ran into a longtime regional detective I won`t name but he said in no uncertain terms would any report of an armed robbery be dismissed without a report being taken. He said WM and regional take this stuff very seriously.
    The detective I know lives in Brodheadsville and has many years on the force and is a totally straight up guy.
    Last edited by Ruger101; April 7th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    i never goto that walmart unless im armed. and even then i only go during midday. never would i go there at night.
    I never go anywhere unarmed except for prohibited places, and I never go to THAT Walmart...period!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I'm glad your friend is here to tell her story, but before you go gun shopping I think she needs to work on her SA. Also needs to be taught where and when she can go shopping (sad but true). At that hour believe it or not the Mt. Pocono store is safer. Sure it's a drive, but better spend gas then shed blood.

That store has had a reputation for years. Between the robberies (remember the LTCF carrier that shot back) and the rapes you wouldn't find me anywhere near that store at night let alone at night by myself.
    Oh, when she told me I just about lost it. I was fucking pissed and horrified at the same time. Just thinking about what could have happened, and thanking god that it didn't.

Her situational awareness is average, zero. I asked if she had looked around, or noticed anyone in the parking lot, or hanging by her car, she said she didn't even look. I told her as soon as she is ready I'll take her to the gun shop and help her apply for her LTCF. I also told her she did a good job, and sometimes to comply is to live. That even as someone who carries a gun or two every day, every place I go, if someone gets the drop on me, sometimes there you just don't have a choice but to comply. That someone with a gun to the back of your head can pull the trigger quicker than I can get my own gun out. I didn't get into training aspects, and how to overcome that. I just tried to console her and let her know she did a good job.

Oh, and I let my girlfriend do pretty much whatever she wants, because she has common sense and makes good decisions. However, she knows better than to go anywhere near that walmart after dusk. Certain places I deemed off limits for her, unless I, or one of my armed friends is with her. That's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Certain places I deemed off limits for her, unless I, or one of my armed friends is with her. That's just the way it is.
    Just something on this, and I'm not trying to be a smartass.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere with a gun that I wouldn't go without one.
    To me that's like saying an area or place is inherently better with a gun and disregarding that you wouldn't go there without one.

I only go to those places when I have to. Like...picking up a friend who's car broke down in the middle of homewood...at 2am.

(Montgomery County)

Anyways, figured I would let you folks know there are some assholes out there robbing people at gun point
    I honestly can't decide who's the bigger assholes. The robbers or the police.
    The robbers were doing their "job"
    The police weren't.

I think they deserve some publicity!
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Just something on this, and I'm not trying to be a smartass.

To me that's like saying an area or place is inherently better with a gun and disregarding that you wouldn't go there without one.

I only go to those places when I have to. Like...picking up a friend who's car broke down in the middle of homewood...at 2am.
    The rules out a lot of the important places you may have to go in Monroe :P

Really the problem up here is that its a generally "safe" area so nobody pays attention when they do stuff, which is why so many criminals get away and crimes go unpunished. Unless someone tells the police who did it or they manage to get finger prints the bad guys are free to do whatever they want.

To my area the BEST police response would be 5 - 10 mins and that is assuming they are in the area already. Stroudsburg is a little better but there are so many easy escape routes that a person could easily be gone in under 5 minutes and never found
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Sure, but what about when you have to go shopping after dusk? My rules don't just apply to walmart, but many places that crimes have been known to occur/i see pieces of shit walking around. And as Dredly said, if I decided not to go to places where I would like to have my gun with me, well I wouldn't be able to go damned near anywhere in this county.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    To my area the BEST police response would be 5 - 10 mins and that is assuming they are in the area already. Stroudsburg is a little better but there are so many easy escape routes that a person could easily be gone in under 5 minutes and never found
    Hell, they could get on the highway from the walmart in east stroudsburg, and be in new jersey in under 10 minutes if they speed.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northumberland County)

wow those cops are real smart. didnt they bother to check the tapes from the cameras facing the parking lot? every walmart store has cameras covering the entire parking lots . she didnt get a look but i am sure the cameras saw them and saw which car they got into. all walmart cares is about is their loss prevention not the customers lives.

Sure, but what about when you have to go shopping after dusk? My rules don't just apply to walmart, but many places that crimes have been known to occur/i see pieces of shit walking around. And as Dredly said, if I decided not to go to places where I would like to have my gun with me, well I wouldn't be able to go damned near anywhere in this county.
    I totally get your point, I was just trying to state that a gun doesnt make a dangerous area any less dangerous simply with it's presence.

I'm not from your area so I really can't comment on what it's like there.

I will say that I've had more issues in an area around here (monroeville) than when I used to hang out in a bad area of town when I was younger.

When you HAVE to do something versus when you want to are two different things. It's terrible that it's like that because you should be able to leave your house at any hour of the day.

Good luck to your friend though, I would start with the mental conditioning before buying the gun. Making the conscious decision to kill someone is something too many people seriously have not sat down and thought about. It's not a decision you make on the fly...you make that decision well in advance.

(Monroe County)

I totally get your point, I was just trying to state that a gun doesnt make a dangerous area any less dangerous simply with it's presence.
    Oh I agree 100%. This is where people tell me I'm a fool. I'm a firm believer in liberty and I will go anywhere I am lawfully allowed to be, and my gun is libertys teeth. Would I walk into the bad part of town, intentionally, just to do it because I can, and I have a gun? No fucking way.

Would I go to the store, because I needed to get something, even if scum is known to lurk the area. Hell fucking yes. And if anyone wants to infringe upon my rights, that's on them. That's a decision they made.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast