Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Barracks

(Venango County)

Default PSP Barracks

Has anyone ever carried into a PSP barracks building? Is it legal? Do they have a place to check weapons?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: PSP Barracks

It is legal. I have carried. If you're going into a detention area, you should notify them you are armed, because it may become illegal to carry there. Maybe someone can clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Venango County)

I need to be fingerprinted is why I am asking. Also, does anyone know what kind of a fee they charge?

(Bucks County)

At Trevose barracks, you can only get into the foyer. Beyond that it is posted No Weapons beyond this point. Just inside that point is a chair with handcuffs attached...so i guess that is considered a detention facility at that point.

(Lycoming County)

i heard of a person on here who open carried into a psp barracks with no problem. personally i cc'd when i went the last time for prints, the officer asked me some questions and one thing led to another and the question of weather i was carrying came up. when i answered yes he asked me to take it back out and leave it in my vehicle, when i returned he mentioned it was not a good idea and waned me down with a handheld metal detector. as far as i know it is not illegal but would be up to the officers in the barracks as to weather they permit it. i did note that there was no sign on the door or anywhere in the front room indicating a no firearms policy.

Wouldn't all PSP stations have some type of at least temporary holding cell?

Went and looked at the statute for the definitions:

(f) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:
    "Court facility." The courtroom of a court of record; a courtroom of a community court; the courtroom of a magisterial district judge; a courtroom of the Philadelphia Municipal Court; a courtroom of the Pittsburgh Magistrates Court; a courtroom of the Traffic Court of Philadelphia; judge's chambers; witness rooms; jury deliberation rooms; attorney conference rooms; prisoner holding cells; offices of court clerks, the district attorney, the sheriff and probation and parole officers; and any adjoining corridors.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; April 6th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Has anyone ever carried into a PSP barracks building? Is it legal? Do they have a place to check weapons?
    Have you considered Franklin or Oil City or Sugarcreek PD to get this done? What are you getting the prints for? Do you physically have to mail a set of prints somewhere? If so, the local PDs can do it just as well. PSP will use the AFIS machine.
    Jules

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Have you considered Franklin or Oil City or Sugarcreek PD to get this done? What are you getting the prints for? Do you physically have to mail a set of prints somewhere? If so, the local PDs can do it just as well. PSP will use the AFIS machine.
    Jules
    I might see if Clarion PD can do it, or the Sheriffs office? Reason being I spend so much time in clarion I was going to do it between classes

ATF User of Fireworks Permit Background Check is the reason for the fingerprints

does all of my info need to be filled out on the cards before I go to get printed?

Check your inbox.
    Jules

(Indiana County)

The Indiana barracks has a sign stating no weapons in the building are permitted posted on the main door.

Seems there may not be a universal answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast