Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Q's on double barrel shotguns

The type of shotgun that was used in Doom, are they really that fun to shoot as they are in the video game? I'm looking for a shotgun to mostly have fun shooting with on the range, are they more fun to blast than a pump? The range I go to only rents out the pump style shotguns. Thanks any info!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Q's on double barrel shotguns

fun is relative, fun for some is blasting out as many rounds of ammunition in as short a time span as possible while destroying the maximum amount of things they can, fun for others might be a precision shot to take down a clay pigeon, others might like a cowboy action shoot, the question is... which type are you?

(Luzerne County)

+1 about that "fun" idea. What do you mean by fun? For me, a shotgun is a piece of sporting goods. I use it for hunting and I use it for clay games that, to a degree at least, simulate hunting. I want the gun to point well and to enable me to hit a fast moving object.
    I am not blasting, ever. See no point in that, though someone with a different definition of "fun" might be just fine as long as the gun went bang with each trigger pull.
    As far as doubles (O/Us and SXSs) go....you have two rounds. Then you have to reload.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(York County)

he wants the gun to recoil ferociously and make a horrific BOOM!!!, and for blood to spatter all over the screen as everythign within 50 feet falls over dead.

I have 3 double shotguns. A Churchill 12 ga OU, a Browning Citori 20 ga OU & a Ugartecha 16 ga SxS. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment shooting clays at the range with them.

I don't play video games, so I have no idea what "Doom" is, but my guess is that none of the guns I have were designed for the activity you describe.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugazombie View Post
    The type of shotgun that was used in Doom, are they really that fun to shoot as they are in the video game? I'm looking for a shotgun to mostly have fun shooting with on the range, are they more fun to blast than a pump? The range I go to only rents out the pump style shotguns. Thanks any info!
    Its a frig'n shotgun.. ...they go bang just like another shotgun, except those with double triggers will allow you to launch both tubes at once.

Come to Brookville, I'll let you shoot my hammered double coachgun. Bring your own ammo because I'm saving mine for any Barons of Hell that stroll my way.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugazombie View Post
    The type of shotgun that was used in Doom, are they really that fun to shoot as they are in the video game?
    If you're looking to recreate video game experiences in real life.... I suggest you give up now.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I have 3 double shotguns. A Churchill 12 ga OU, a Browning Citori 20 ga OU & a Ugartecha 16 ga SxS. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment shooting clays at the range with them.

I don't play video games, so I have no idea what "Doom" is, but my guess is that none of the guns I have were designed for the activity you describe.

A 16ga Ugie?? Is it a box lock or a side lock?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeM31 View Post
    A 16ga Ugie?? Is it a box lock or a side lock?
    It's a boxlock. 25" barrel, Grade III. My absolute, very best, most favorite grouse gun ever. I bought it at Lion Country Supply in Port Matilda years ago. They were selling it for an estate. They had matching 12 & 20 ga, but they were already gone when I got there. That's a good thing, because I'd probably still be paying off the credit card if they weren't already sold.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Luzerne County)

About double guns and their appearance in video games. I'm betting that you'd find the real life use of a double gun very different than portrayed. Mostly it would have to do with the loading and reloading of the thing. Do the characters have to take the time to break open the gun, eject/extract the fired hulls and then reload and close? That is a slow process compared to a semi auto or a pump. I imagine that the visible effect of firing is quite different also.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast