Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCN Tonight

(Berks County)

Thumbs up PCN Tonight

7:00 PM PCN Call-In: PA Gun Laws (LIVE)
    Rep. Dwight Evans, D-Philadelphia
    John Hohenwarter, National Rifle Association

This is a call in show so if at all possible we should take the time to watch and add our two cents if possible.

ETA: The phone number is 1-877-PA6-5001!
    Last edited by billamj; September 18th, 2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot the phone number
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PCN Tonight

Finally we may get a answer on the 9 mm v .45 question

(Snyder County)

I should be free to watch and possibly to call in.

Thanks for posting this!

(York County)

I hope most of our PFOA folks watched this...

For those who did, I'm Roy in Windsor...brought up a few points about Project Exile, and spoke about rights and limitations (I have no right to murder, but I have the right to defend myself).
    I also brought up the point that the state is funding a Convention Center in Philly when we should be funding intervention programs (which was the NRA Rep's point).

Evans, of Philadelphia, just preached the same old chant "Common Sense" gun laws when trying to defend anti-rights laws we all oppose.

The NRA rep did OK...about as well as can be expected on a call in program (you never know what you'll hear in those types of programs.

The callers were mostly pro-rights people...and they did a damn good job. I hope some of those folks are members here.

(Beaver County)

I watched it, and Roy, your discussion came across very well. If that Evans character was my representative I would voice to have him voted out. I think he only said 5 sentences the whole interview. Although he said them about 10 to 20 times each, really nothing to say about solving any problems.

(Adams County)

Yeah, that really showed the grabbers have no real basis for their arguments. Also showed Dwight Evans is not very bright -- or well spoken for that matter.

Yep -- Evans repeated 4-5 phrases 15+ times over, and none really applied to why we should report stolen firearms or be limited to one handgun a month.

And, yes Dwight...it's a Philly problem...

I was really happy to hear the caller that said he moved out of Philly to get away from it all. He had really good points and said none of this gun legislation would curb the problem. He was right on.

Roy in Windsor -- you also did a very nice job. Good work.

I saw the rerun at 11:00. I wanted to throttle the guy that said he spoke with people that live in Coudersport, Kane, Bradford, and so on, an they agreed reporting a lost gun was good legislation. I suppose if I worked for the democratic election comity I could find the 5 registered democrats around here that feel that way and make his claim. I could just go on and on. Evans truly believes that the entire commonwealth is as bad off as Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I hope most of our PFOA folks watched this...
    For those who did, I'm Roy in Windsor
    Good job Roy.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Snyder County)

Roy, great questions and points you posed. I also found the Evans avoided the questions most of the time, saying the same old thing.

I really liked when John (NRA Rep) asked Evans to explain how having a law requiring that gun owners report stolen guns is going to lower crime. Evans went on about how police officers were shot in the line of duty and don't know is they are going to come home at night. And these are common sense laws.

Yes, it is common sense to report something that is stolen. But is it common sense to investigate, charge, and fine a law abiding citizen that doesn't realize something is missing from his home? And if someone does report a gun stolen, do the cops work furiously to track down that gun? Probably not. A report of a gun stolen is not going to keep it from being used in a crime. A criminal that steals a gun is not going to turn it in because the owner reported it stolen. Its just crazy.

And I would think that most gun owners would report a legally owned gun was stolen when they realized it. If they don't, they probably can't get insurance money for it.

I wanted to throttle the guy that said he spoke with people that live in Coudersport, Kane, Bradford, and so on, an they agreed reporting a lost gun was good legislation.
    I think reporting guns as stolen is a good idea. But I don't think legislation requiring the reporting of guns and imposing fine for not doing so is a good idea.
    Last edited by Zef_66; September 19th, 2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added Quote

(Delaware County)

I also watched some of this program but did not get my call in. I got so mad that R.- Evens danced around the questions with common sense laws. B.S. He never answered Roy's or the speaker with the NRA question about how would reporting a gun lost or stolen make crime less? All Evans kept saying is common sense law, and putting dollar figures on medical cost spending, this did not answer the question. I also hate that he kept saying the NRA is us against them when the speaker kept saying lets educate the kids and keep them off the streets.
    Also the caller who left the city said a great point the criminals are back out on the streets that night or the next day making kids look up to them like their cool,
    like look at me am not in jail. Again Evans had no answer.I just can't understand why people listen to people like Evan's who made himself look stupid to me.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Also the caller who left the city said a great point the criminals are back out on the streets that night or the next day making kids look up to them like their cool,
    like look at me am not in jail. Again Evans had no answer.I just can't understand why people listen to people like Evan's who made himself look stupid to me.

Yeah...Evans talked a lot...didn't say much. But you've got to remember, he's not his own man...he's Rendell's puppet (sort of like Kermit the Frog and Frank Oz)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast