Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Some people should not be allowed to own guns

I was in Tanner's picking up a transfer. While I was at the register this douche bag comes in with his wife open carrying, unholsters his weapon, holds it up, and says he needs a holster for it. I don't know if a round was chambered or not because the slide was closed, I could at least see that there was no magazine in the weapon.

I about shit in my pants. He was an older gentleman, probably late 50's, which in my mind says there might be a small amount of wisdom learned. In this case carrying must give him some sort of power trip.

What a ass. I told him to holster the weapon, but he either ignored me, probably, or didn't hear me.

Douche bag with no common sense.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Some people should not be allowed to own guns

I went to tanners last month and my friend did the same thing. But he didnt have a holster and the gun was empty with no mag nothing walked into the store and showed them the gun and said i need to buy a holster for this and everyone looked at him like he was a complete idiot. I just went out front to smoke a cig like i didnt know him.

(Luzerne County)

Moved topic to parent forum since being an idiot and inappropriately handling a firearm is not specific to OC.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; April 7th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

sorry, thanks

Just for the sake of discussion, what would be the proper way to bring a firearm to a shop and find an appropriate holster? (Besides going in and waving it around)

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfield_Glock View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion, what would be the proper way to bring a firearm to a shop and find an appropriate holster? (Besides going in and waving it around)
    If they don't stock whatever gun you have, bring it in a case with a chamber flag inserted. Explain to them what you're there for and recommend they also double check that it's clear before handling it. Of course this is just my opinion.

A few months ago I went to a gun store (that stocked the exact same gun I was CCing) and asked about holsters for that model. The guy who worked at the shop helped me find a couple holsters. He recommended I test the fit with my loaded carry piece instead of one of their display models... Point is, just because a gun shop recommends something doesn't mean it's smart.

(Allegheny County)

Keep the UNLOADED firearm holstered or cased - tell them you are looking for a holster for such-and-such a gun.

When they show you their selection for your gun, tell the employee that you would like to test fit your weapon, remove it from the holster or case and open the slide, allowing the employee to see that the weapon is unloaded. Then test fit your gun, ensuring that it is at all times pointed in a safe direction.

(If you take the gun into the store in a case, you can leave the slide locked back until you are ready to test fit, if that firearm is capable)

(Adams County)

Even without a mag in the gun, I would take it out, point it at the floor, and rack the slide to show the salesperson that it was unloaded, then hand it to them so that they could check, also. I make it a habit to do this anytime I take a firearm in my hand, unless I am chambering a round to holster my weapon. I know that I keep all firearms unloaded in my house, but as soon as I pick one up, I always check, you never know. More people are accidentally killed by "unloaded guns" than anything else.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

Some people should not be allowed to own guns
    I completely disagree. I'm sorry for raining on your parade, but ALL people should be able to own guns. Else you begin a treacherous downfall, one you pretty much would aid in some form or another, of the loss of liberty.

/rant

So do you really think someone should be able to decide who gets liberty?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    I don't know if a round was chambered or not because the slide was closed, I could at least see that there was no magazine in the weapon.
    So you are automatically assuming that he wouldn't have cleared the gun before hand. You also only state that he "holds it up", not that he waved it around.

So frivolous assumptions are the basis for your belief that "some people should not be allowed to own guns". That's good to know.

Douche bag with no common sense.
    Well someone is, but I don't think it's the guy you mentioned.
    Last edited by IronSight; April 6th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast