Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Question Has anyone ever had this "problem"?

ok, so this is kinda interesting and i'm wondering if anyone has ever had this ever happen to anyone's pistol....

My uncle had an older pistol (i forget the make and model ) that when the slide was sent forward, the hammer dropped..... NOT TO HALF COCK THOUGH lol

before the normal law groupies jump at me with their flamethrowers, he DID NOT, modify it to happen like this, it was just that old lol

My point, is that when you inserted the mag (only like seven or maybe one or two more.. sorry, been about three years ) pointed the pistol at your target, and hit the slide release and the fun began!!!!! it was like an instant (but much older with a much smaller mag) Glock 18

that's right.... it would go full auto! while this was fun though, it really was dangerous and i only did it a few times and never let anyone else use the pistol... EVER. the problem, as you would assume... was because when the slide was released, the pistol was on it's own free will of firing and boy, was it hungry! it wouldn't stop till the mag was empty.

it wasn't that accurate in the least bit like that but it certainly was FUN!!!! lol that i certainly cannot deny...

I brought this up because i wonder if anyone else has ever had this problem ever happen to any of you or if anyone know's anyone that has had this problem... thanks in advance for letting me know you're experiences..
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Default Re: Has anyone ever had this "problem"?

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    ok, so this is kinda interesting and i'm wondering if anyone has ever had this ever happen to anyone's pistol....

My uncle had an older pistol (i forget the make and model ) that when the slide was sent forward, the hammer dropped..... NOT TO HALF COCK THOUGH lol

before the normal law groupies jump at me with their flamethrowers, he DID NOT, modify it to happen like this, it was just that old lol

My point, is that when you inserted the mag (only like seven or maybe one or two more.. sorry, been about three years ) pointed the pistol at your target, and hit the slide release and the fun began!!!!! it was like an instant (but much older with a much smaller mag) Glock 18

that's right.... it would go full auto! while this was fun though, it really was dangerous and i only did it a few times and never let anyone else use the pistol... EVER. the problem, as you would assume... was because when the slide was released, the pistol was on it's own free will of firing and boy, was it hungry! it wouldn't stop till the mag was empty.

it wasn't that accurate in the least bit like that but it certainly was FUN!!!! lol that i certainly cannot deny...

I brought this up because i wonder if anyone else has ever had this problem ever happen to any of you or if anyone know's anyone that has had this problem... thanks in advance for letting me know you're experiences..
    It's probably just some sort of simple sear problem or something along those lines, it's easy fix and it happens but the problem comes in with him keeping it and shooting it after finding out it is capable of automatic fire. Basically he's in violation of federal law, and i'd try to get this thread deleted and that gun to a gunsmith today.

Keep in mind i'm not a lawyer, but i have read about the issue on the internetz.
    Last edited by XD45; April 6th, 2010 at 04:19 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Has anyone ever had this "problem"?

sorry, guess i labeled it wrong... he's my LATE uncle...

and his firearm collection was left to his "son"... so it's not something that i have any controll of but i'm sure he had it taken care of. (ie: the only reason i decided to post the story...)

hope that makes more sense than just the original post...
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!