Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Old Topic Of Point Shooting

Originally Posted by PA Traveler
    In a concealed carry course I completed this summer it was taught as a possible response to being attacked at arms length. It was drilled at anywhere from 3-6 feet and discussed as instinctive shooting, similar to throwing a ball.

If there's time even for a flash sight picture, I'd think that's the way to go.
    (This was a positive post) many were not that's ok. Some talked of how many rds one must shoot to get good, some said it was dangerous, some said it was stupid..Some said it would endanger other's...etc..you get the picture..LOL..I would much rather find way's to be happy in this world instead of bitching about it.

It was a long time ago so I was just thinking with all the new member's daily joining the forum..& old member's ..What's your opinion & what do you do to improve & spice your range time up? Safe shooting is what I have in mind nothing that endanger's other's. I'm allway's looking for new way's to enjoy.. anything as long as it's safe & legal...LOL

This topic is old but I enjoy learning things that I may never use, I also enjoy shooting & anything that makes it more fun. I actually started PS as a kid..you know after watching Bonanza...LOL It's very enjoyable & I have an advantage of the range all to myself on Sat & Sunday so I endanger No One but myself & really not even me I don't touch my trigger untill the pistol or revolver is lined up straight with my target. I have been PS off & on my whole life well since I was about 10 I think. I also have been shooting a minimum of 100 - 200 rounds a week since a kid (raised in the country in the boonies) most of my life. For the past 20 year's (minus about a year of burnout) I have been shooting about 500 rd's. a weekend pistol & rifle combined. Would I ever risk PS to defend my life? ONLY If I had no other choice if I were to see my would be killer & his draw by suprise was a fraction ahead of mind & I think anyone with half of a brain (who practice's) would know if there was NO time extra to use the sight's. In this scenario it would fall into the Go For The Gusto catagory! But only if I felt there was no other choice. So why not practice PS if you enjoy it? It does not matter if you ever use it, it would not be the first useless talent I have...LOL Simply Enjoy one's self, it seem's a lot of poster's seem to over dramatize many post. As of shooting I come to this forum for enjoyment of my love for firearm's & I strive to bring my sense of humor with me each day to this forum. But we all know some just come here for conflict...life's a bitch but I try to enjoy it

PS: Some say PS it's a waste of time, I say anything legal that make's one smile.. is never a waste of time
    Last edited by Ronnies111; April 6th, 2010 at 01:35 AM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)