Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Finger extention mag floorplate

Just wanted to confirm that Smith & Wesson will send you a mag floorplate (the extended one) for free. The employee told me that they have no problem sending them out free, unless your asking for a large quantity.

Myth: Confirmed
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Finger extention mag floorplate

Thank you for comfirming. My wife is going to call to get one for her M&Pc 9mm.

Great find, thanks! I have a 9c (well, it's the "wifes") and 3 of the mags don't have the extensions.

(Centre County)

i got pinky rest magplate for of my M&P, and 3913.
    They have also sent me a parts for my M&P for free(that was lost due to my screw up, and I flat out told them that i screwed it up)

Yep. Smith&Wesson understand the meaning of costomer service, and routinly go above and beyound.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

I started this thread last night before I went downstairs to install the finger rest.

Would you believe that they sent me the wrong one...........

I guess I will call them in the morning, arggg.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Clinton County)

But they sent the wrong one for FREE.

(York County)

Well, you knew it was gonna come eventually so i'll be the one to do it... lol

Glock and S&W are about equall in my opinion as far as how good their customer service goes. they both will do just about anything that is needed to make you happy with your product!

NOW, WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THOUGH, IS THAT NEITHER OF THESE COMPANIES ACTED AS NICE AND AS "generous" AS THEY ARE NOW UNTIL, *ONE SINGULAR THING* BROUGHT THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER WHEN IT CAME TO THEIR PISTOLS/ CUSTOMER SERVICE!

can anyone guess what that is?????

YEP!!!!! you got it right!!!! it was the introduction of the S&W M&P/ XD/ XDM! lololol

that made them into a mad race to be the better company for making customers happy! lol it worked out to both the GLOCK and the S&W followers ADVANTAGE!!! so we should be tipping our hats to eachother instead of fighting with eatch other! lol

(ps, i was recently looking at getting an XDM but i didn't like how hard the slide was to pull back compared to my glock.... may be just me or the pistol that i handled, but it was suprising (i'm 6foot, and almost 180lbs. pretty much solid muscle) so when i had problems pulling it back, i was taken aback!.... that being said, i'm sure most XD's, are not the same way, and i'm sure i will own one, one day soon

thanks to the S&W crowd to help glock get to the same level of Customer service that you're having!!!!!

SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND IF NEED BE, AIM CENTER MASS AND PULL THE TRIGGER 5 TIMES!!!!
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Centre County)

I have noticed that all XD's and XDM's that I'v dealt with were generaly harder to pull slide back.
    I bought XD 4" for my wife few years back, and I ended up selling it, because she simply could not pull back the slide.
    I know the some of XD's and M's comes with capive recoil spring, and they are harder to pull - I don't remenber if my 4" XD service was captive recoil spring or not tho...

(Philadelphia County)

My XD was pretty stiff when it was new. For about the first 2-3 range trips, I actually thought I'd have to get rid of it. Everyone said to give it closer to 1000 rounds before I decide.

That was about 3 years ago or so. I don't know if the spring softened up or my grip/forearms got stronger, but it's a snap now.

-sfg

(Centre County)

People did tell me that. But if person i bought it for didn't want to shoot it, that 1000rds mark is hard to achieve...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast