Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Arms?

(Montgomery County)

Default Classic Arms?

Hi anyone ever order from these guys? They look like they have some good deals. In one of my other posts under here i mentioned that i'm looking for an ak 7.62x39 so thats why i'm asking.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Default Re: Classic Arms?

Saiga is the best deal! if you do not mind converting yourself... I cannot speak for dealing with the company personally but the prices are awesome. From Classic arms that is

(Huntingdon County)

I have dealt with them several times - they have been great.
    I called in orders in the past and talked to a real person, very friendly and knowledgable about their products.
    They ship fast and if there is a problem with your order - they will make it right.

I'm hoping to order a 5.45 saiga soon, they have the best price so far.

(Philadelphia County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

I ordered a Polish Tantal from them this past winter, they sent the wrong bulldog bag and charged me an extra $10 by mistake....they sent the right back even before they got the one I returned and they also gave me a 30rd AK47 mag worth $15 for the accidental $10 charge which I thought was awesome of them. I also just ordered a Century FAL R1, $750 with 4 mags and FREE shipping....can't beat that ! One of the mags is defective, actually calling them now to get a new one and they have no problem doing so, great place to buy from, VERY helpful people. My FAL has a bent recoil spring tube and they said whatever I need they will do, return the parts or exchange the rifle for another NO problem at all they said...overall if they have what I need I will keep ordering from them all the time. Hope this helps.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    THIS IS MY OPINION
    I may be a picky pain in the posterior but, is it necessary to 'yell' this at the top of all of your posts?

(Montgomery County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

I ordered a Polish Tantal from them this past winter, they sent the wrong bulldog bag and charged me an extra $10 by mistake....they sent the right back even before they got the one I returned and they also gave me a 30rd AK47 mag worth $15 for the accidental $10 charge which I thought was awesome of them. I also just ordered a Century FAL R1, $750 with 4 mags and FREE shipping....can't beat that ! One of the mags is defective, actually calling them now to get a new one and they have no problem doing so, great place to buy from, VERY helpful people. My FAL has a bent recoil spring tube and they said whatever I need they will do, return the parts or exchange the rifle for another NO problem at all they said...overall if they have what I need I will keep ordering from them all the time. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I'm thinking of giving them a call today. They haved a real nice milled 1960 Polish AK, but its 700.00 which is a little high for me right now. Think one of those romanians are quality? I like how they all have the option of having the "shooters package" that comes with the bulldog case, bayonet, etc.

(Philadelphia County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I may be a picky pain in the posterior but, is it necessary to 'yell' this at the top of all of your posts?
    It is VERY necessacary....I recieved 3 warnings b/c i was giving examples of my experiences and they were interpruted as me stating facts, which I was in no way doing, so just to make sure everyone knows when I post it is my OPINION always, I don't want to have anymore b/s because I state personal experiences and beliefs then get in trouble for it, not blaming anyone but myself but I will make sure I don't make that mistake again....not looking to get banned for misunderstandings you know.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Philadelphia County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Thanks, I'm thinking of giving them a call today. They haved a real nice milled 1960 Polish AK, but its 700.00 which is a little high for me right now. Think one of those romanians are quality? I like how they all have the option of having the "shooters package" that comes with the bulldog case, bayonet, etc.

That is pretty much the same package I got for the Tantal. I like the Romanians, nice AK's for sure. Two of my buddies own those exact Romanians from Century....they Love them and I have worked on both for them, nothing wrong with them just modifing them with aftermarket stuff, I was thinking of getting one myself, maybe after I get back to work tho, limited right now since I just got the FAL. If I was buying a Romanian I would buy it from Classic hands down, especially with the shooters package. And if there was ANY problem with it (doubt there will be but never know) Classic is a great place, very good customer service, they will swap out np or do what's needed to make it right, which for me is a huge point, I will accept the odds not all Century's rifles are perfect....no one's are, as long as where I am getting it from is willing to make good IF anything is wrong, I'm sold. Hope this helps.

Just checked there web site out, were you looking at the polymer furniture or the wood ? The one with the collapsing stock I personally am not a big fan of, looks funny on the AK, better to put an Ace folding mechanism and folding stock on there IMO, but they are all really nice rifles and I believe also come with some steel mags....I prefer steel mags as opposed to plastic...more durable again IMO
    Last edited by PhilaShooter; April 5th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

(Montgomery County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

That is pretty much the same package I got for the Tantal. I like the Romanians, nice AK's for sure. Two of my buddies own those exact Romanians from Century....they Love them and I have worked on both for them, nothing wrong with them just modifing them with aftermarket stuff, I was thinking of getting one myself, maybe after I get back to work tho, limited right now since I just got the FAL. If I was buying a Romanian I would buy it from Classic hands down, especially with the shooters package. And if there was ANY problem with it (doubt there will be but never know) Classic is a great place, very good customer service, they will swap out np or do what's needed to make it right, which for me is a huge point, I will accept the odds not all Century's rifles are perfect....no one's are, as long as where I am getting it from is willing to make good IF anything is wrong, I'm sold. Hope this helps.

Just checked there web site out, were you looking at the polymer furniture or the wood ? The one with the collapsing stock I personally am not a big fan of, looks funny on the AK, better to put an Ace folding mechanism and folding stock on there IMO, but they are all really nice rifles and I believe also come with some steel mags....I prefer steel mags as opposed to plastic...more durable again IMO
    Yes, this helps. Thanks philly shooter. I actually just got off the phone with the gentleman from classic a litte while ago. He actually lives in chester county, PA! He was on his way back down to N.C. Anyway, in his opinion the Romanian Ak military variation with custom black poly stock is the best deal around and for 349.95 it probably is. Throw in the extra $50 for the shooters package, all that for $400 sounds good. I'm not a fan of the poly stock and I told him I'm really looking for something with wood furniture for that traditional ak look and he said they would have the wood ones in next week, with the same deal! He really took the time and answered my questions. He told me these are made by century, and i conveyed that i was skeptical about them given what I've read on here and he said that only 1-2% ever have any problems and even if it did they would make it right and I could always send it back with no restocking fee. I'm thinking I might have to grab one just to have a rugged rifle for fun, I already have an ar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast