Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default looking for pocket gun

I own a hk usp compact and its too big to carry, i tried to carry it multiple times but took it off within 30 minutes due to comfort. i would like to find a good reliable pistol that is super small. i was looking at some 380's and i dont understand why they cant just make them 9mm? pretty identical right?

the problem with small guns i dont trust any of them like guns that are bigger, like glock, kimber, sig and hk.

i think the sig p238 would be the only one id trust, the light trigger seems to be a plus, but its not the smallest or lightest.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: looking for pocket gun

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    I own a hk usp compact and its too big to carry, i tried to carry it multiple times but took it off within 30 minutes due to comfort. i would like to find a good reliable pistol that is super small. i was looking at some 380's and i dont understand why they cant just make them 9mm? pretty identical right?

the problem with small guns i dont trust any of them like guns that are bigger, like glock, kimber, sig and hk.

i think the sig p238 would be the only one id trust, the light trigger seems to be a plus, but its not the smallest or lightest.

I have a Kel-Tec PF9 that I love. It totally disappears IWB, and I can pocket carry it easily with jeans, and even did so today with khakis. Its been 100% reliable for me and with 7+1 of 115gr DPX I certainly feel well protected. Its the "poor mans Kahr PM9".

That said, if you want to trade me the HK for it, I'm in
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Chester County)

How about a .38 revolver?
    Hoplophobia is funny

(York County)

If you are on a budget, Ruger lcp without crimson trace.
    If you can afford it Ruger lcp with crimson trace.
    I have no experience with the 238. I do have experience with the Colts. This is what the 238 is based on. The Colts are too heavy to comfortably carry in a pocket.
    For a true pocket gun, the lcp is much more user friendly. The down side is, the trigger is not as user friendly as the single action of the 238.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    I have a Kel-Tec PF9 that I love. It totally disappears IWB, and I can pocket carry it easily with jeans, and even did so today with khakis. Its been 100% reliable for me and with 7+1 of 115gr DPX I certainly feel well protected. Its the "poor mans Kahr PM9".

That said, if you want to trade me the HK for it, I'm in
    still alittle too big for me, i want something i can put inside my pocket, i dont wear baggy shirts so its very hard to conceal, especially in the summer time.

the sig would definetly something i want, but damn its hard to shell out money for a tiny gun. i truely believe you get what you pay for though.

as for a revolver, im not a big fan of them but id consider it, but it doesnt seem like it would be as slim as a pistol.

i also would consider a ruger lcp, the trigger definetly wouldnt be as nice as the sig.

the sig is alittle over a pound i believe loaded, the lcp is 10 or so ounces. although something as small as these guns i probably wouldnt have a problem wearing an iwb holster.

does anyone have experience with the sig?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post

If you want a real deal pocket gun that i would suggest looking at North American Arms. They got this gun called Black Widow and its a smaller revolver that clips on to your pants and folds. It shoots .22 magnum.
    "If the individual can govern himself, all external government is tyranny" - Benjamin Tucker.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabtime View Post
    If you want a real deal pocket gun that i would suggest looking at North American Arms. They got this gun called Black Widow and its a smaller revolver that clips on to your pants and folds. It shoots .22 magnum.
    I would stay away from .22 caliber rounds for self defense. The NAA revolvers are cool, and tiny, but only as a very deep concealment last ditch weapon.

There are lots of other good pocket pistols out there. NAA makes the Guardian, and it comes in .380, .32, or .32 NAA. These pistols are steel framed so they're a little heavier than the polymer framed pocket pistols. There's the Ruger LCP, the Kel Tec P32 and P3AT, Seecamp pistols, and more. I have a Kel Tec P32 that I sometimes carry. It is so tiny and light that I'll put it in an IWB holster and totally forget I'm even wearing a gun. I love mine, it has been 100% reliable through about 1000 rounds.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

If you want a true 9mm pocket gun, there are only a few choices. You are limited by size, and weight.

The smallest is the Rohrbaugh. It is roughly the size of the LCP and is a fine precision tool.

Next up is the Kahr PM9. slightly larger, but cheaper and also a quality firearm.

Kel-tec has 2 offerings that prety much fit the bill but are larger than the other 2 mentioned.

With p3at

With J frame

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    If you want a true 9mm pocket gun, there are only a few choices. You are limited by size, and weight.

The smallest is the Rohrbaugh. It is roughly the size of the LCP and is a fine precision tool.

Next up is the Kahr PM9. slightly larger, but cheaper and also a quality firearm.

Kel-tec has 2 offerings that prety much fit the bill but are larger than the other 2 mentioned.

With p3at

With J frame
    Duh... I forgot all about Kahrs and the Rohrbaugh. Very very nice, if you can afford them.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

The Ruger LCP is a nice reliaBLE gUN , AND accurate too, but that is my American express, for Pocket carry in an DeSantis nemesis i carry one of these from my .380 collection

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/picture019jv.jpg/

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/picture020w.jpg/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast