Thread: april 10/11

Default Re: april 10/11

Nice video S'cat
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Nice video S'cat
    C'mon td, abbreviations are OK to a certain point but I don't think he really wants to be called Scat!!!!

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

she said she liked the .38 too. the 9x18 is just a little big for her to cc she did like shooting it tho. as did i. i might have to add that to mh growing wish list . Might look into getting her a .38 revolver, the semis seem to light to eat up the recoil.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat187 View Post
    she said she liked the .38 too. the 9x18 is just a little big for her to cc she did like shooting it tho. as did i. i might have to add that to mh growing wish list . Might look into getting her a .38 revolver, the semis seem to light to eat up the recoil.
    That Taurus Model 85 will handle +P loads. That gives muzzle velocity and energy that is pretty comparable to 9mm, of course that will vary depending on the specific load you're using in either gun, so from that standpoint it's a pretty good choice. The downside is having 5 shot capacity and slow reload as compared to any 9mm semi. Even the Kel-Tec PF9 gives you 7+1 and a quick reload if you carry an extra magazine.

The other variable is comfort. In her case she seems to be more comfortable with the revolver. Carrying something with better ballistics can easily be counteracted by the shooter being uncomfortable, clumsy or intimidated by it. I'm not saying that she was clumsy with anything she shot today but if it's a critical situation you want comfort and ease of use to be in your favor. The better matched the gun is to the shooter the better the chance of not fumbling with it when tension is high regardless of training unless you're an advanced shooter, and even then it could make a difference.

(Lebanon County)

I think I see a CZ52 making it's way onto your wish list too. I'll be sure to have at least 2 of them with extra mags and lots of ammo on the 24th.
    I could tell by the look on your face and tone of your voice that you meant it when you said that you liked that one.
    Muzzle velocity is slightly over 1500fps, light recoil, and best of all...it's cheaper to shoot than 9mm!!
    Surplus 7.62X25 ≈ 12¢/round.
    http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm
    Cheap non-reloadable 9mm ≈ 19¢/round.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...115&groupid=46
    You save about $3.50 on 50 rounds compared to the cheapest 9mm that I could find for comparison.
    Ammo $avings on your first 1224 rounds is just over $85.00. Look at it this way, the guns can be had for less than $200.00, you shoot 2 spam cans of surplus and your savings will about cover the cost of the pistol! (I bought mine for $125.00 and $139.00).
    You can't beat that logic, can ya?
    You're getting married soon and trying to save enough money for a down payment on a house and I'm trying to talk you into buying more guns and ammo. What kind of an asshole am I??

CenterfireSystems.com has the CZ 82's for $219

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/cz8...tcz82-gun.aspx

Never ordered anything from them, don't know how they are, but I'm sure someone here has
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

Brian, are you going out today?
    I'll have the hose for the grill taken care of so we can cook if we want to. I'll pick up a pack of ground cow and some buns, we don't need anyone else to join us, it'll taste just as good either way. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I have some work to do in the garden so I probably won't be going out until about 3:00-4:00, but that's enough time to have some fun and chow down before the meeting.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I think I see a CZ52 making it's way onto your wish list too. I'll be sure to have at least 2 of them with extra mags and lots of ammo on the 24th.
    I could tell by the look on your face and tone of your voice that you meant it when you said that you liked that one.
    Muzzle velocity is slightly over 1500fps, light recoil, and best of all...it's cheaper to shoot than 9mm!!
    Surplus 7.62X25 ≈ 12¢/round.
    http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm
    Cheap non-reloadable 9mm ≈ 19¢/round.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...115&groupid=46
    You save about $3.50 on 50 rounds compared to the cheapest 9mm that I could find for comparison.
    Ammo $avings on your first 1224 rounds is just over $85.00. Look at it this way, the guns can be had for less than $200.00, you shoot 2 spam cans of surplus and your savings will about cover the cost of the pistol! (I bought mine for $125.00 and $139.00).
    You can't beat that logic, can ya?
    You're getting married soon and trying to save enough money for a down payment on a house and I'm trying to talk you into buying more guns and ammo. What kind of an asshole am I??

yeah that is on my list...

trying to save for guns/ammo/house/wedding. too much to save for. lol

a friend of mine has a rossi .38 little bit smaller than your taurus i want to try and get her to shoot that an see what she thinks. i would rather her be comfortable with the gun and confident that she can make the shot should she need to. thanks again. see you on the 24th.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Brian, are you going out today?
    I'll have the hose for the grill taken care of so we can cook if we want to. I'll pick up a pack of ground cow and some buns, we don't need anyone else to join us, it'll taste just as good either way. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I have some work to do in the garden so I probably won't be going out until about 3:00-4:00, but that's enough time to have some fun and chow down before the meeting.
    three or four?
    that works for me.
    i want to go work on the cruiser for a little this morning/afternoon.
    all of brad's mosin talk has me actually wanting to shoot mine a little.
    that and i now have a chrony to play with....and its five dollar craigs list found hand delivered tripod.

i'll pick some paper plates and some kind of salad up....mac or potatoe.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123